Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Leicester

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 5 - No saves to make. We can forgive him his bizzare moment, given how reliable he has been for us.

Lamptey - 9 - MOM. Fabulous debut. By far the quickest player we've ever had. Solid in his defensive work and always looking to run forward
Webby - 5 - Not on long enough
Dunk - 8 - His usual brilliant self
Burn - 8 - Terrific outlet. Confident with his feet. I'd like to see him offer more threat from set pieces

Stephens - 3- Very rusty. Loose in possession. Slowed us down. Could easily have been sent off.
Bissouma - 7 - Tidy and energetic again.

Mooy - 6 - Good first half, anonymous second. Should have been subbed instead of Yves
MacAllister - 5 - Terrific introduction. Faded badly

Maupay - 5 - Not the same threat when playing deeper
Connolly - 7 - Needs a Championship loan my arse. Constantly threatened in the first half. Had to field a number of brain dead balls a foot over his head and a foot under Evans head in the second half. We need to use him better.

Duffy - 6 - One bad header, one bad pass, but plenty of booming clearances. A beast in the air. I love watching him.
March - 5 - Intelligent in his defensive work. Didn't offer a threat going forward
Trossard - 5 - Still not influencing enough. Improvement needed if he is to fight off the strong competition for his place.
Propper - 6 - A reassuring presence.
Murray - 4- Failed in his job to relieve the pressure.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You know: it hadn't even occurred to me that Ryan didn't have save to make. How often do we say that about opposing keepers?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ryan - 5 - No saves to make. We can forgive him his bizzare moment, given how reliable he has been for us.

Lamptey - 9 - MOM. Fabulous debut. By far the quickest player we've ever had. Solid in his defensive work and always looking to run forward
Burn - 8 - Terrific outlet. Confident with his feet. I'd like to see him offer more threat from set pieces

Stephens - 3- Very rusty. Loose in possession. Slowed us down. Could easily have been sent off.

Mooy - 6 - Good first half, anonymous second. Should have been subbed instead of Yves

Connolly - 7 - Needs a Championship loan my arse. Constantly threatened in the first half. Had to field a number of brain dead balls a foot over his head and a foot under Evans head in the second half. We need to use him better.

Duffy - 6 - One bad header, one bad pass, but plenty of booming clearances. A beast in the air. I love watching him.
March - 5 - Intelligent in his defensive work. Didn't offer a threat going forward
Trossard - 5 - Still not influencing enough. Improvement needed if he is to fight off the strong competition for his place.

Can't argue with much of that. Maybe might have marked Mooy down to 5 as faded quickly. And why does Trossard always look like he's got two black eyes or been out on the razzle?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan - 6 - No saves to make. Did othig wrong (6 is average for me)

Lamptey - 8 - Some debut! Great start to his Albion career
Webster - 6 - was decet whilst he was on.
Dunk - 7.5 - Yeah stadard Dunk performance
Burn - 7 - Much better than he should be as a left back :)

Stephens - 5.5- Not at his best - Propper and Bissouma looking increasingly like the preferred parnership.
Bissouma - 6.5 - Decent in all areas.
Mooy - 6 - Decent first half - surprised he stayed on tbh, would rather Biss stayed on.
MacAllister - 6 - Looks like a prospect - right call to take him off early. Needs time to acclimatise. bags of potential.
Maupay -5.5 - Decent enough - but not a a penalty taker
Connolly - 6 - Flashes of brilliance, but not ready for this level yet.

Duffy - 6 - Such a nice feeling knowing he is covering ay injury.
March - 6 -Did his job perfectly.
Trossard - 5.5 - Would hope to be seeig more fro him by now.
Propper - 6 - We looked more solid when he came on. Has replaced Stephes as first on the team sheet IMO
Murray - 5- Not much for him today

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6
Lamptey 9
Burn 7
Webster 6
Dunk 7
Mooy 6.5 - just too slow at times
Stephens 6 - a little sloppy as he tired, but good first half
MacAllister 6.5
Bissouma 7
Connolly 7
Maupay 6

Duffy 8
March 6
Trossard 5
Propper 6.5
Murray N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20200623-212651_Score Centre.jpg

According to my Sky Sports app, Leicester and Hove Albion did alright :wozza:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Pretty much how I saw it. Lamptey burned Vardy to pieces - not sure he’ll have seen that happen. God that lad is quick.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6 -- one heart-stopping moment, but recovered well
Lamptey 8 MotM -- amazing debut. Rapido. Never overawed, and well up for and successful in the physical battle. I suspected as much from that 30 mins he played for Chelsea, but I think we've got a gem here. We'll have to wait to see if it's the case.
Webster 7
Dunk 7.5 -- very good again but might have conceded a late penalty
Burn 7 -- decent enough game
Stephens 4.5 -- could have seen red, just too slow for this level. Been a cracking servant though.
Bissouma 7 -- top work again.
Mooy 6
Mac Allister 5.5 -- started brightly, faded thereafter
Maupay 5.5 -- lots of hard work and movement, but telegraphed and was insufficiently accurate with his decisive touch
Connolly 7.5 -- I'm excited about him again. Tremendous running, and another rapido. His return to form and speed suggests that the injury he was carrying really nullified his abilities.

Duffy 6
March 6
Trossard 5 -- not really happening for him
Propper 6
Murray 5

Well set up by Potter, we were great in the first half, not up to much in the second. They were physically drained, and I was surprised the Murray for Connolly substitution took so long.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan 6 -- one heart-stopping moment, but recovered well
Lamptey 8 MotM -- amazing debut. Rapido. Never overawed, and well up for and successful in the physical battle. I suspected as much from that 30 mins he played for Chelsea, but I think we've got a gem here. We'll have to wait to see if it's the case.
Webster 7
Dunk 7.5 -- very good again but might have conceded a late penalty
Burn 7 -- decent enough game
Stephens 4.5 -- could have seen red, just too slow for this level. Been a cracking servant though.
Bissouma 7 -- top work again.
Mooy 6
Mac Allister 5.5 -- started brightly, faded thereafter
Maupay 5.5 -- lots of hard work and movement, but telegraphed and was insufficiently accurate with his decisive touch
Connolly 7.5 -- I'm excited about him again. Tremendous running, and another rapido. His return to form and speed suggests that the injury he was carrying really nullified his abilities.

Duffy 6
March 6
Trossard 5 -- not really happening for him
Propper 6
Murray 5

Well set up by Potter, we were great in the first half, not up to much in the second. They were physically drained, and I was surprised the Murray for Connolly substitution took so long.

Thought Trossard did some excellent defensive work but needs to shoot when opportunity arises but a bigger contribution than Murray. Duffy was good so I would have him as a 7 . Lamptey would be a 9 for me given how he coped so well after that blow to his mouth.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan 6
Lamptey 8 MOTM
Burn 7.5
Webster 6
Dunk 7.5
Stephens 5.5
Bissouma 7.5
Mooy 6
MacAllister 6
Maupay 6
Connolly 6.5

Duffy 7
Propper 7
March 6
Trossard 6.5
Murray 5.5

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ryan 6

Lamptey 8
Dunk 7
Webster 6 (Duffy 6)
Burn 7

Stephens 5
Mooy 6
Bissouma 7
Mac Allister 6

Maupay 5
Connolly 7

Pröpper did well when he came on but Trossard was gash again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree with all that, except being picky, a 7 for Propper. He gave us quality possession when he came on, killing their momentum, it may well have prevented them taking the points.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yep.

And consider, we draw away at a top 3 side, and we give low points.

The expectation levels are going up.

As they jolly well should.

Er, within reason....

Not sure what point I want to make here, but, er, yeah! Mmmmm. Right! No. Yes!

I'm confused :cheery::afro::facepalm::shootself

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still hard to do from the telly but.....

Ryan 5 - not much to do but one heart stopping mistake
Lamptey 9 - MOM, outstanding
Burn 7
Webster 6 - taking 6 as average like others, not really on long enough to vary from that
Dunk 7
Mooy 7 - great assist for the pen and nice work rate but agree with others about his pace
Stephens 6 and a red card waiting to happen. Has to cut out that "Middlesboro" challenge
MacAllister 6.5 - good start but faded
Bissouma 8
Connolly 7
Maupay 6 - putting away the pen would have lifted him above average

Duffy 8
March 6
Trossard 5
Propper 6
Murray N/A

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ryan - 6 -

Lamptey - 8 - Fantastic, dived in once or twice but MOTM
Webster - 6
Dunk - 8
Burn - 7

Stephens - 6
Bissouma - 6
Mooy - 6
MacAllister - 7
Maupay -5.
Connolly - 6

Duffy - 7
March - 6
Trossard - 5
Propper - 7
Murray - 5

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What is it about BHAFC and right backs eh? What an amazing debut from Lamptey. No sign of nerves whatsoever and fitted right in. Hardly gave Vardy a look-in. Really impressive. That first attacking run down the line. Watching alone I actually said out loud "****ing hell" :) We found a good 'un there.

At the other end of the scale, Stephens days must surely be numbered now. I was shocked and disappointed that he was selected ahead of Propper after the Arsenal game. He has served us very well but he doesn't seem to have the legs for PL football and surprisingly, given his maturity, still can't control his tackling. We have an abundance of riches in midfield now and I honestly don't think he adds anything. Would see him very much as a squad player for the rest of this season; not good enough to start.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What is it about BHAFC and right backs eh? What an amazing debut from Lamptey. No sign of nerves whatsoever and fitted right in. Hardly gave Vardy a look-in. Really impressive. That first attacking run down the line. Watching alone I actually said out loud "****ing hell" :) We found a good 'un there.

At the other end of the scale, Stephens days must surely be numbered now. I was shocked and disappointed that he was selected ahead of Propper after the Arsenal game. He has served us very well but he doesn't seem to have the legs for PL football and surprisingly, given his maturity, still can't control his tackling. We have an abundance of riches in midfield now and I honestly don't think he adds anything. Would see him very much as a squad player for the rest of this season; not good enough to start.

Agree with both those points.

Time was when we never got a result unless we had Stephens in the team. Yesterday he looked a little out of condition and those studs up tackles are a liability. I don't hate on him the way a lot of fans seem to but we certainly have a strong enough midfield not to rely on him any more. Bissouma must be one of the first names on the team sheet if he's fit.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I agree with the sentiments expressed by most on here.

One point: not sure what Lamptey has to do to get a 10, but no one has given him one. I'm always reluctant to give a maximum as there's always something that takes that little bit of sheen off a performance - in Lamptey's case though, I genuinely can't think of a single thing he did where I even gently shook my head for a second. On that basis, it seems churlish to dock him a point; thus Little Gem: 10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here