Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] R.I.P Liam Treadwell

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Grand national winner on 100/1 mon mome and local lad.

R.I.P

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Wow, really sad. The name rang a bell but I couldn’t place it - I remember that national very well, incredible odds.

Inappropriate to quote Clare Balding’s comments after the race but it’s sad in a way that people will probably remember him
more for that moment of appalling interviewing than his fantastic achievement.

RIP.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
An Arundel man, very sad. RIP Liam.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He wasn’t the best left back we have had but RIP. Was he still at Portland?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In my year at Angmering school, was a friend back in those days.

Liam was a lovely guy, fairly quiet but really polite and a genuine friend to everyone he knew.

Excellent at numerous sports, notably in youth rugby as a winger. He destroyed our school’s bleep test record also.

In total, total shock at the news. Rest in peace Liam. You’ll be sadly missed.

Yoda

English & European
In my year at Angmering school, was a friend back in those days.

Liam was a lovely guy, fairly quiet but really polite and a genuine friend to everyone he knew.

Excellent at numerous sports, notably in youth rugby as a winger. He destroyed our school’s bleep test record also.

In total, total shock at the news. Rest in peace Liam. You’ll be sadly missed.

Agree with those sentiments. Although a 6 years older than him, I used to compete and then manage him in the Young Athletes League for Worthing Harriers. To say that news was a bit of a shock today when I heard it is an understatement.

Jul 7, 2003
Sad to hear this. He had previously talked about his mental health issues which appear to have contributed to his passing.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I had the pleasure of meeting him at Fontwell a couple of times. A genuinely lovely fella, it’s just so sad he was battling demons he couldn’t overcome. just 34.. RIP Liam.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
TBF to the other poster, not being a racing fan, my mind jumped to Ridgewell also. 34 is only 6 years older than me, and people still call me young. R.I.P

Jul 7, 2003
So, I know Matt Chapman divides opinion in racing circles and I apologise for posting a link to the The Sun but Matt Chapman has written a really good article about Liam Treadwell and men's mental health both in racing and the wider community.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/11962395/matt-chapman-liam-treadwell-column/

Most of us recognise how hard it must have been for [MENTION=288]Harty[/MENTION] to post about his recent issues on here so if Harty's post and this article helps one person, then it is worthwhile spending a few minutes of your time to read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here