Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Train travels wrong way down London Tube track

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Passengers narrowly avoided a collision when a train travelled the wrong way on a London Underground track.

The Chiltern Railways service stopped a few metres in front of a Tube train at Chalfont and Latimer station in Buckinghamshire.

An image from the scene shows the two just metres apart on the Metropolitan line on Sunday night."

Sacked in the morning....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Passengers narrowly avoided a collision when a train travelled the wrong way on a London Underground track.

The Chiltern Railways service stopped a few metres in front of a Tube train at Chalfont and Latimer station in Buckinghamshire.

An image from the scene shows the two just metres apart on the Metropolitan line on Sunday night."

Sacked in the morning....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Fair play, at least they observed Social distancing!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
As a signaller on the railway it is your worst nightmare. It'll be interesting finding out what the hell happened.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As a signaller on the railway it is your worst nightmare. It'll be interesting finding out what the hell happened.

Interested to know how that could happen?

Human error likely?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It appears the Chiltern passed a signal at danger on the up line,carried on (sackable offence) split the points and ended on the down line where it socially distanced itself from the Met train... bet the Met drivers clacker valve went..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Interested to know how that could happen?

Human error likely?

Without knowing any details, pure speculation, I'd say it sounds like human error. Modern signaling systems, and I'm talking anything used in the last 50+ years, works on a system of interlocking, so it shouldn't have been possible for both trains to be signalled into the same section of track at the same time and if anything goes wrong it should fail safe. It's even more worrying if something has gone wrong to allow that to happen.

That's why you get so many delays due to "signalling problems", with 100+ tonne boxes of metal travelling up to 90mph, in the south, normally carrying up to 1000 people at a time, you want to know its safe, so when it goes wrong it's normal for stuff to just stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here