Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Novak Djokovic tests positive for Covid-19

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Novak Djokovic, the men’s world No 1 tennis player, has tested positive for Covid-19, the Serbian said in a statement on Tuesday.

Croatia’s Borna Coric, Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria and Viktor Troicki have previously tested positive after playing in Djokovic’s Adria Tour exhibition tournament in the Balkan region.

Djokovic revealed that he and his wife, Jelena, had both tested positive for Covid-19 after taking a test immediately after returning to Belgrade from Zadar in Croatia where the final of the tournament was cancelled following Dimitrov’s positive test.

Oh dear....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yeah, interesting one this. He's an idiot, obviously, but I'd like to know what a psychologist would make of his clear over-compensation for seeing something happen across the world, before his eyes, that he had no control over.

I mean, it was fine for him to play tennis, but the whole playing football and leaping around celebrating goals with the other players, having a tournament in front of a packed stadium, dancing around half-naked in a nightclub, embracing a ballboy and backslapping the other players at press conferences...he's clearly had issues with not getting exactly what he wants, as he usually does as the world number one.

Wonder if he'll back down on calling the proposed US Open restrictions "extreme" now. No sympathy for him apart from the mental aspect, though - his "life goes on" comment in the same sentence as he mentioned deaths from the virus was inexcusably flippant, at best.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
There have been no ATP Tour events since February because of the global pandemic and the Adria Tour, which is not an ATP Tour event, was one of the first competitions to be staged since then.

The first leg in Serbia attracted 4,000 fans, and players were later pictured dancing close together in a Belgrade nightclub.

Bulgaria's Dimitrov played Croatia's Coric on Saturday in the second leg in Zadar, Croatia.

With Croatia easing lockdown measures, players were not obliged to observe social distancing rules and were seen embracing at the net at the end of their matches.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not good news for someone with a previous history of breathing difficulties, even as a professional athlete

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here