Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Jon Woodgate

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sacked as Middlesbrough manager with immediate effect, replaced by Neil Warnock.

:ohmy:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Warnock really is the managerial equivalent of a bad penny

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How out of touch with the Championship am I, I thought Warnock was still at Cardiff

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I honestly don't get why clubs appoint young managers and then don't give them time to grow into the role- what's the point? Just appoint Warnock etc initially if that's what you want

Boro seem to have absolutely no direction as a club if you look at their managers from Steve Mclaren onwards:

McClaren- young manager in his first job, but came with strong coaching pedigree
Southgate- complete gamble in his first job, but was a well respected player. Sacked with the club in 4th place in the Championship (after a relegation)
Strachan- what a boring appointment
Mowbray- see above
Karanka- wtf where has that come from?!?!
Monk- ok, replacing a young manager with another one, good move, hopefully give him time...nope sacked after 6 months to be replaced by....
Pulis- oh ffs
Woodgate- ok, gone for the stability with Pulis and now it's time to go for a long term project with a popular local lad. Hopefully we can give him a few years
Warnock- ****s sake Gibson

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That’s a shame. Woodgate was doing such a good job in taking them down.

Oh come on, based on what? that one result at the end of the 2015/2016 season,and the way the home fans celebrated afterwards?

I think Middlesbrough are in fact a very well run club, and Steve Gibson has a good record of standing by his managers. Many others would have sacked Woodgate long ago.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Oh come on, based on what? that one result at the end of the 2015/2016 season,and the way the home fans celebrated afterwards?

I think Middlesbrough are in fact a very well run club, and Steve Gibson has a good record of standing by his managers. Many others would have sacked Woodgate long ago.

Not at all. Living in the area for nearly a decade, and my experience of Boro fans pretty much day in, day out is the reason I want them to go down.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Great player. Would of been the best defender of his generation had it not been for injuries.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The first lockdown sacking - what a time to be alive. Let's hope Villa don't get similar ideas. Ditto West Ham, who would probably go for someone like David Moyes .... oh.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’d love to see some Championship club grab Big Sam for the run-in before a team like Villa get hold of him in a last ditch attempt to save their Premier League status.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Warnock will probably keep them up , whatever you think about Warnock as a person i couldn't think of a better manager to drag a team out of the dung ,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

A very considered and rational approach.

Unfortunately I'm not capable of the same and have the club, and all its fans filed under "*****".

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Steve Gibson has a good record of standing by his managers. Many others would have sacked Woodgate long ago.

You sure about that? Warnock is the eighth manager in 11 years: as a comparison, we're on our fifth (and we only sacked two of the previous four)

The first lockdown sacking - what a time to be alive.

Wasn't the Luton manager sacked? Can't remember his name but Jones went back there

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Middlesbrough being shit has been a small positive piece in the footballing landscape. Long may it continue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Colin will keep them up, unfortunately. Horrible man; horrible fans.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Long Contract or till end of season ?

My sources tell me until the end of the season where a review will take place. Warnock just arriving at the training ground as we speak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here