Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] "were loose"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not looking to start a binfest, but surely it's time to get rid of this from the board banner by now, no?

I appreciate for many it wasn't intentional, and perhaps some even felt it was done with affection (I honestly can't remember but I probably wrote it in jest myself one or two times). However, when you strip it down it is basically taking the piss out a person who I understand has learning difficulties. I don't think it really suits us.

Yes I know, snowflake blah blah etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As ever, happy to go with overall sentiment, whilst recognising it's not possible to please all of the people all of the time.

Feel free to canvas for suggestions (including nothing there at all) and run a poll.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I get that it could be seen as a bit insensitive, but to me it reminds me that even though we have hit the heights of the premier league, we still remember back to when we were terminally shit and we still think we are going to get tanked week in, week out.

The self-deprecation kinda keeps us humble.

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
I always viewed it as a typo. More important things to concern us all. Are we sing offence when there is nune?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd rather it was "Teams like Brighton" or #teamslikeBrighton

I hope it's something we see a lot more in the future

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
as when previously discussed, I'm all for replacing it with #TeamsLikeBrighton

or BLACK LIVES MATTER :whistle:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd rather it was "Teams like Brighton" or #teamslikeBrighton

I hope it's something we see a lot more in the future
That would be great.

The better we get, the more entitled noses are put out of joint and the more we see #teamslikeBrighton.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I get that it could be seen as a bit insensitive, but to me it reminds me that even though we have hit the heights of the premier league, we still remember back to when we were terminally shit and we still think we are going to get tanked week in, week out.

The self-deprecation kinda keeps us humble.
This.

Reminds us where we came from..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think teamslikebrighton is a good shout. Recognises our place in the scheme of things, and fun to annoy the bigger clubs by nicking points that we apparently shouldn't be getting.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
as when previously discussed, I'm all for replacing it with #TeamsLikeBrighton

or BLACK LIVES MATTER :whistle:

We had this exact thread, I started a poll. #TeamsLikeBrighton won it and then :tumble:

Admittedly there have been one or two other things happening in the world since.......

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We had this exact thread, I started a poll. #TeamsLikeBrighton won it and then :tumble:

Admittedly there have been one or two other things happening in the world since.......

You may spot a trend when it comes to administration of this website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here