Brighton
I can't help it, Sheebo's posts just seem to make me think of this:

[tweet]1104071316951453699[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dwight McNeil is mixed race. White mother/ mixed race father (himself a former pro footballer in the lower leagues).

It was McNeil to whom I referred. But I had the detail wrong. And his dad's only 43. I'm now three generations too late/old to ever make my Brighton debut :ohmy:

Anyway, I forgot to add my point. That's becaue I'm not sure what it was. Coincidence, I think it was. :shrug:

I hope you're bearing up in these weird, but hopeful (?) times.....:thumbsup:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Agreed, however, Burnley, like other towns and cities in the north and all over the country, have been adversely affected by technology, capitalism, Thatcherism, and efficiency of an imported workforce, over the last 30 years or more. They have to vent their displeasure somewhere, the newspapers have informed them its not their fault, so it must be the new neighbours.

What are you on about? Massive generalisations there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There’s a charming photo of the alleged instigator and tommy racist Robinson. What further proof would you need?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve watched a lot of Tommy Robinson’s more recent videos and am yet to hear him be racist. I actually like a lot of what he says on terrorism and how we can help prevent it. Don’t agree with the stuff he does like turning up to court and risking trials collapsing etc or leaving the EU / voting conservative fwiw. I do personally feel a number of people label him racist without actually listening to what he says or watching it. No I don’t want to argue, no I am not right wing (I’m dead centre), yes I am allowed my opinion etc etc.

Didn’t know about this photo though - how the hell did that come about?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
99% yeh - or possibly it was tongue in cheek and meant as an ironic note but yeh I’m pretty sure they were too... but I don’t really get the message - it could be meant a number of ways.

Not denying the historical stuff and yes America in particular has had race issues for years especially with the police. Your first sentence however, is you guessing and there’s no facts to back that up - nobody has spoken. There is not one piece of evidence that proves it was racially motivated. The only clear thing is that it was police brutality - that’s the first and only thought I had when watching the sick ******* doing it. That is exactly my point - everyone has assumed due to past shocking racism. And I am factually correct at the moment. I have watched several disturbing documentaries like the one where the black kids were wrongly forced to admit a rape in a park in the 90s etc etc and am by no means playing down the issues over there. However I do feel it’s got so much better recently within society - same with homophobia, sexism etc. I personally feel those watching the GF video and straight away assuming racism are somewhat cynical. Just an opinion, but I prefer to have the facts first and clear evidence.

Most likely yes. (Not 100%)

Come on, now. We all know what this was about.

Nice to see Burnley FC fans turning their noses up to it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can't help it, Sheebo's posts just seem to make me think of this:

[tweet]1104071316951453699[/tweet]

A factual post based on wanting evidence makes me sound like I’m defending a possible/probable rapist with untruths... harsh!

Again, in the case of GF feel free to show me the evidence it was racist as I haven’t seen anything yet - if not I’m correct to say nothing is proven (and in my opinion, people have jumped the gun a tad.)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on, now. We all know what this was about.

Nice to see Burnley FC fans turning their noses up to it.

Probably, as I say. Burnley does have a history of voting BNP and a high number of vile racists as a result...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably, as I say. Burnley does have a history of voting BNP and a high number of vile racists as a result...

The dick in the plane almost certainly had no connection with Burnley, the club or the town. It was some nob attempting and failing to stir shit. Dog whistle, with the pea missing from his Acme Thunderer.

Anyway, never mind :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The dick in the plane almost certainly had no connection with Burnley, the club or the town. It was some nob attempting and failing to stir shit. Dog whistle, with the pea missing from his Acme Thunderer.

Anyway, never mind :thumbsup:

I think you hire the plane to tow the banner - doubt the pilot was doing anything other than picking up some dolla for it...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No surprise it's Burnley from me.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I’ve watched a lot of Tommy Robinson’s more recent videos and am yet to hear him be racist. I actually like a lot of what he says on terrorism and how we can help prevent it. Don’t agree with the stuff he does like turning up to court and risking trials collapsing etc or leaving the EU / voting conservative fwiw. I do personally feel a number of people label him racist without actually listening to what he says or watching it. No I don’t want to argue, no I am not right wing (I’m dead centre), yes I am allowed my opinion etc etc.

Didn’t know about this photo though - how the hell did that come about?

The photo. Well the two of them stood next to each other and someone else took the photo [emoji2369]

I wonder if this was the approach of many Germans it the late 1920’s and 30’s ......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So Ben Mee says they knew about it before the game, and it still happened in the Burnley name. I think the only appropriate response from the FA and the Premier league is a massive points deduction, say in the range of 20-30 points.

:whistle:

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
So Ben Mee says they knew about it before the game, and it still happened in the Burnley name. I think the only appropriate response from the FA and the Premier league is a massive points deduction, say in the range of 20-30 points.

:whistle:

So how were they supposed to stop it? - which is what you imply. Clearly nothing to do with Burnley FC so can you imgaine the conversation with police or (even) the RAF demanding fighter cover for the Etihad? A response of this kind was always going to happen given the scale of recent events

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Agreed, however, Burnley, like other towns and cities in the north and all over the country, have been adversely affected by technology, capitalism, Thatcherism, and efficiency of an imported workforce, over the last 30 years or more. They have to vent their displeasure somewhere, the newspapers have informed them its not their fault, so it must be the new neighbours.

Yes, plenty of towns have been adversely affected by the things you mention and more. But most haven't elected eight BNP councillors , as Burnley did. Ben Mee can come out and say all the right things as much as he likes - and I've no doubt that he and his team-mates were horrified by the stunt this evening - but an element of the Burnley fanbase will disagree with him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The photo. Well the two of them stood next to each other and someone else took the photo [emoji2369]

I wonder if this was the approach of many Germans it the late 1920’s and 30’s ......

What do you mean by the Germans comment?

Also, I can’t see the photo?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Again, in the case of GF feel free to show me the evidence it was racist as I haven’t seen anything yet - if not I’m correct to say nothing is proven (and in my opinion, people have jumped the gun a tad.)

You’re missing the wider point.

Hundreds of unarmed black men are being killed or seriously hurt by police in the US every year - police are consciously or unconsciously treating them overly harshly - assuming the worst - possibly in cases taking a cheap shot, knowing or expecting there to be no disciplinary comeback.

Each one of those incidents isn’t necessarily consciously racist - but the difference in reaction / treatment to interactions with black men, mean that a bad ending is inherently more likely.

Anyone who still thinks the BLM protests are just about what happened to George Floyd, is not listening.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yes, plenty of towns have been adversely affected by the things you mention and more. But most haven't elected eight BNP councillors , as Burnley did. Ben Mee can come out and say all the right things as much as he likes - and I've no doubt that he and his team-mates were horrified by the stunt this evening - but an element of the Burnley fanbase will disagree with him.

You just have to look at the comments under the video to see that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone who still thinks the BLM protests are just about what happened to George Floyd, is not listening.

This. And unfortunately I'm increasingly of the belief many of them aren't listening out of choice.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yep. Just read the comments under his interview. Including a couple who are ‘embarrassed that he is embarrassed’.

[tweet]1275178782303936512[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Also the comments under this;

[TWEET]1275185918991835136[/TWEET]

And this;

[TWEET]1275144283427930116[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here