Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"White Lives Matter Burnley" banner flown over the Etihad

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
First arrested at 23 with under a gram of coke- sentenced to 6 months in jail. Would that have happened to a young white guy?

most likely not, which is what it alludes too in the article and what is intrinsically wrong on all levels.

Either way, any reference to Floyd's record is an attempt to distract from the fact that he was murdered by a cop.

Not at all, any good lawyer will use this for the police defence in court, they could claim they knew his record with firearms and were worried etc, etc.
It is extremely relevant, for all the right and wrong reasons.
Actually reading your post again, I see what you mean, by distract, but it is relevant, but not an excuse for murder.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes - you and a few others on here. Enjoy their company.

Meaning what? All I'm saying is that equality of opportunity should apply to everyone and that it is wrong to suggest that any one group of people are more important than, or should be advantaged over, another. That seems to me to be what we should be aiming to achieve as a working principle. Anything else just promotes inequality and is divisive.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'll just pop this here, if I may?

104055050_10158552734689777_8205173432019384356_n.jpg104055050_10158552734689777_8205173432019384356_n.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Meaning what? All I'm saying is that equality of opportunity should apply to everyone and that it is wrong to suggest that any one group of people are more important than, or should be advantaged over, another. That seems to me to be what we should be aiming to achieve as a working principle. Anything else just promotes inequality.

Nobody is suggesting that some people matter more than others. The point is black people have been and continue to be systematically discrimated against.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Nobody is suggesting that some people matter more than others. The point is black people have been and continue to be systematically discrimated against.

Amazing how many times this needs to be said.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
First arrested at 23 with under a gram of coke- sentenced to 6 months in jail. Would that have happened to a young white guy?

Eitherway, any reference to Floyd's record is an atempt to distract from the fact that he was murdered by a cop.

Business man gets caught, with 24 kilo’s, he’s out of jail and out on bail and that’s the way it go’s.....

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Burnley away, once was enough. Its not nice..

Me too! Only went the once and have no inclination or intention of returning.

I've still not read every post on this thread yet but if the Burnley players were aware in advance that this event was going to happen (as suggested earlier in the thread) why did they not alert the football authorities and the police? Game could have then been delayed, turn off the cameras, police helicopter in the air as a deterrent.

If they knew, why did they keep quiet?

"Before we came out we heard whispers that it was going to happen" - Ben Mee

So why do nothing?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
It is impartial and gives his full record, with what if's and why's
read it in full to get the whole picture, he obviously did some pretty nasty things in his past, but is he a product of racism in America today.
To me crime is crime and you do have a choice, but you must always ask why.

I think that you need to be cautious with that assertion, as it can create a victim mentaility. It would imply that coming from a flawed society means you are likely to turn into a violent criminal. The fact that lots of people from all ethnicities in the USA do not do that shows that is not the case, as indeed you say in your final sentence. There are also many people living in much worse societies and conditions than the USA who live law-abiding lives and try to do well. What we need is to empower people and not make them victims, nor ever excuse violence.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think that you need to be cautious with that assertion, as it can create a victim mentaility. It would imply that coming from a flawed society means you are likely to turn into a violent criminal. The fact that lots of people from all ethnicities in the USA do not do that shows that is not the case, as indeed you say in your final sentence. There are also many people living in much worse societies and conditions than the USA who live law-abiding lives and try to do well. What we need is to empower people and not make them victims, nor ever excuse violence.

Would it be better to not mention the gross inequality and systemic racism of the USA and just hope that everyone pulls themselves up by their bootstraps? Maybe we could swish the problems away, Doc :D

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Amazing how many times this needs to be said.

Actually it's depressing. I'd always assumed that racist were a small minority in this country. Not a bad thing that quite a few of these closet racists have outed themselves on social media though.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Hope the idiot pilot gets named and shamed, and no he wasn’t ‘just doing a job he was paid to do.’ Presumably you need to be fairly intelligent to fly a plane, which makes it even more baffling that you would take that gig.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It is impartial and gives his full record, with what if's and why's
read it in full to get the whole picture, he obviously did some pretty nasty things in his past, but is he a product of racism in America today.
To me crime is crime and you do have a choice, but you must always ask why.

Agreed. his crimes are clearly inexcusable, but clearly we need to look at the reasons why he was led down the life of crime in the first place.

It'll probably be glossed over as well that he seemed to want to reform and make changes for the better, which is apparent from his actions from after 2013 or so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And nobody interrupted Martin Luther King to tell him about the dream they'd had the night before.

Brilliant :lolol:

The racists are making complete plums out of themselves lately. I'd be interested to know how many of them think they aren't being racist when they say 'white lives matter too' and how many know they are being racist and like it? The Burnley flypast architect is certainly part of the latter :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here