Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal player tests positive...oh no he doesn't...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder how much of this kind of thing will happen over coming weeks...

Just a few days earlier, Arsenal were informed by the Premier League that one of their players had tested positive for coronavirus and needed to self-isolate for seven days – ruling him out of the City clash.

To add to that problem, the player in question had spent enough time alongside two of his teammates to classify as ‘close contact’, meaning they needed to quarantine for 14 days. However, with none of the players in question showing any symptoms, and having not had any players test positive for Covid-19 in previous rounds of testing, Arsenal suspected a false positive. The club took it upon themselves to get the player tested again privately, both the antigen and antibody test, and both came back negative – though as this was ‘in-house’ testing it was not approved by the Premier League.

They therefore had to sit out training for several days until the next round of testing, on the Monday before they played Man City, and this time the trio’s tests all came back negative and they were finally allowed to return to training at 5pm on Tuesday, the final session on the evening before the game.​

MORE >>> https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/22/arse...t-saw-three-players-pulled-training-12884025/

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not knowing much about this kind of thing, could anyone confirm whether these tests can produce a false negative?

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Not knowing much about this kind of thing, could anyone confirm whether these tests can produce a false negative?
I'm no expert but if the various forms of media ARE TO BE BELIEVED what this Covid 19 is, it is totally new and alien to scientists and virologist's around the World. It has mutated already at least twice and both mutations are different, the Aussie one is different to the Chinese one. So what nature has given us is a nightmare. So I would say it's highly likely that false results are more than possible and more likely to mislead.
My personal view is let's forget all sport worldwide until this nightmare is over.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wonder how much of this kind of thing will happen over coming weeks...

Just a few days earlier, Arsenal were informed by the Premier League that one of their players had tested positive for coronavirus and needed to self-isolate for seven days – ruling him out of the City clash.

To add to that problem, the player in question had spent enough time alongside two of his teammates to classify as ‘close contact’, meaning they needed to quarantine for 14 days. However, with none of the players in question showing any symptoms, and having not had any players test positive for Covid-19 in previous rounds of testing, Arsenal suspected a false positive. The club took it upon themselves to get the player tested again privately, both the antigen and antibody test, and both came back negative – though as this was ‘in-house’ testing it was not approved by the Premier League.

They therefore had to sit out training for several days until the next round of testing, on the Monday before they played Man City, and this time the trio’s tests all came back negative and they were finally allowed to return to training at 5pm on Tuesday, the final session on the evening before the game.​

MORE >>> https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/22/arse...t-saw-three-players-pulled-training-12884025/

So it’s the reverse of what Donald was saying. Keep testing until the results are negative. If only he knew.
It’s a good idea to keep testing until you have a better chance of a false negative.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
30% is the figure we were given by the RSCH team, treating my Mum.

Makes sense then - perhaps an NHS view. She had dozens of patients tested and retested, most with some/all symptoms and false negatives are very common (sometimes it's only after 3-4 tests that they get a positive result apparently)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
According to this the whole squad tested positive...

https://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/arsenal-squad-tests-positive-for-being-utter-****ing-dogshit/

Arsenal Squad Tests Positive For Being Utter ****ing Dogshit
55EDB5E5-806A-47B6-8A79-D49714AD4B33.jpeg
The entire Arsenal squad has tested positive for being utter ****ing dogshit.

Shortly after the 2-1 defeat to Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday, the swab tests were administered at the Amex Arena.

A source said that medics were not looking for any performance enhancing drugs because no human could possibly be juiced to the tits and play that badly.

There has already been an angry reaction on Arsenal Fan TV where Claude and Ty got so angry with each other that they somehow managed to jump across the screen on Zoom and Robbie had to step in.

Speaking after the match, majority shareholder Stan Kroenke said, ‘It was a rootin’ tootin’ humdinger of a hootenanny from my Finsbury Red Sox boys today.’

‘Go soccer!’

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
thousands of Arsenal supporters have tested positive for serial delusion

Jul 7, 2003

It depends on the test that they are using. The anti-body test used by the government has 100% Sensitivity and 99.8% Specificity which makes it very reliable.

There are tests available from other companies which are not as accurate. Therefore, the lower the accuracy, the more chance of a false positive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here