Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m kind of sanguine about things at the moment. Have cancelled or rearranged several trips (some more than once) and currently have a load booked (all on changeable or refundable terms). No idea which ones will go ahead. What will be, will be - but if I get the chance to go abroad I will.

Went to Scotland last week - going through Gatwick and Edinburgh airports and associated car parking/hire was absolute bliss. No queues anywhere.

I made the mistake of asking you about your holiday plans..it was easier asking what days you weren’t going on holiday :whistle:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Which Magazine give Barclays Bank Travel Pack and HSBC Select and Cover their top two ratings for travel insurance for Covid. They give plenty more providers in the next level of rating, too. As ever, you need to check that either of these cover your specific needs.

I have Barclays Travel pack, but they aren’t offering it any more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have Barclays Travel pack, but they aren’t offering it any more.

Up to date recommendations from the Telegraph Travel section.

E39AF7B1-77BF-4DCB-83B8-6A3AC4542360.png

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
[MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]. Grab a flights bargain, there’s so much capacity after the amber list expansion and a hotel through booking.com (for example). Both double vax’d, you’ll face far less testing and bureaucracy. So much accommodation is available.

Independent travelling (always our preference and you’re not at the whim of an overly cautious/cutting their losses tour operator cancelling), we’re off to Ibiza on Monday. Fingers have been crossed for weeks, I’ve got the vaccination certs, testing arranged there and on day 2 after our return, just the online Spanish entry forms to complete and UK a bit later on.

I don’t get stressed by this added aggravation or travel in general, a small price to pay for a break overseas.

Independent went horribly wrong a while back, still Lanzarote re-booked for Easter and a week in Jersey instead.

Think TUI has reacted to the strong rumours of Spain and Greece going amber+ shortly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Up to date recommendations from the Telegraph Travel section.

View attachment 138931

When I got my statement in February, existing participants could continue but not being offered to new customers. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.
I’ve still got cover.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I got my statement in February, existing participants could continue but not being offered to new customers. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.
I’ve still got cover.

Sorry, I did understand you the first time, you have cover.

I was just updating anyone else interested in getting travel insurance that even without Barclays (based on your update), there are many recommended options still out there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We’ve made it into Ibiza!!

Near empty London City and Ibiza airports, just 5 minutes through Spanish checks - UK NHS Covid Pass & QR coded Spanish entry form where we prepared back home.

Well worth it imo.

Nice one! I love the island, where you staying?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’ve made it into Ibiza!!

Near empty London City and Ibiza airports, just 5 minutes through Spanish checks - UK NHS Covid Pass & QR coded Spanish entry forms required (prepared back home).

Well worth it imo.

Jealous, La Isla Blanca, Magic Island. Say hello to Es Vedra from me if you visit Cala Tarida

Hope Spain doesn’t go to Amber Plus before your return

6BDF95A4-E359-46C8-A8AB-38A835C32DC3.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nice one! I love the island, where you staying?

I remembered you love it here! Some German airliners at the airport. Have you got plans?

Not San Antoni … too old.

Hotel right at the sea’s edge outside Santa Eulalia del Rio. Know it a bit from a holiday pre-kids in Es Canar.

Short taxi transfer! In the Alps it can be 4 hours!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Not too optimistic about my upcoming trip to Sicily. If Italy is still insisting on a 5 day quarantine after the 30th July, I'm gonna knock it on the head. :annoyed:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remembered you love it here! Some German airliners at the airport. Have you got plans?

Not San Antoni … too old.

Hotel right at the sea’s edge outside Santa Eulalia del Rio. Know it a bit from a holiday pre-kids in Es Canar.

Short taxi transfer! In the Alps it can be 4 hours!

No plans myself. Maybe next year…although I said this last year. I roughly know where Santa Eulalia del Rio, on the East of the island. I have been up that way day-tripping from Talamanca a few times. Enjoy!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Due to fly to Barbados Sept 1st, Just spent 2-3 hours getting my head around PCR tests and arrival requirements tests are getting slightly cheaper £89 at express tests with results in 24 hours.

Not going to book the tests yet as it all might chnge in the next 2 weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here