Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m waiting for the imminent decision to scrap the returning to UK quarantine, then I’ll immediately book Eurotunnel Le Shuttle for August for a trip to the Austrian Alps. Hotels have been back to normal for a while, with plenty of capacity.

Separately, a couple of months back I noticed another NSC’er posting that he’d booked newly released flight bargains with Easyjet. I checked myself and it was true, so I grabbed relative bargains for Austria at New Year. Normally a rip off.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Booked a cabin on a holiday park in Devon for last week of July. Thought it had a better chance of going ahead, and less risky, than overseas travel this summer.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Boo! I'll have to figure out another way of scratching that itch. I've done the Jacobite multiple times, it's still one of my favourite things to do in the area, it never gets old.

I forgot to mention that whilst not quite the Neptune Staircase wow factor in leaving Loch Ness you do go up the Fort Augustus staircase

4e018987c9e1a8f73de8787623799309.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Staying away from aircraft until well into 2021. Can't understand the rush to get onto one. From October onwards this thing will be spiking again.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I forgot to mention that whilst not quite the Neptune Staircase wow factor in leaving Loch Ness you do go up the Fort Augustus staircase

That’s not a holiday, that’s a full time job, and what’s the waiting time if there’s a que of barges, could be worse than A27 through Worthing in the morning :lolol:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

I've had a rather nice pint or two in the pub in that shot, it really is one of my favourite places in the world.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That’s not a holiday, that’s a full time job, and what’s the waiting time if there’s a que of barges, could be worse than A27 through Worthing in the morning :lolol:

No barges really on the Caly, mainly Gin Palace’s, Yachts, and steamers, you get about 10 boats in each lock and they take you up in convoys, no more than an hour wait and about 2 hours to get through [emoji106] you do hall your boat through with engines off mind[emoji3525]

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Does anyone have reservations about flying because of the environmental damage rather than the risk of catching Covid 19? I'm struggling to believe I can justifying getting on a plane just to take me to have a holiday somewhere else. Not being judgemental, but having all flights cancelled has had an immediate impact on air quality. Anyone else with reservations?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Trying hard to think of a more perfect place for a Virus to be spread than on a crammed plane , i can't , so it's beautiful Wales again this year .

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
The airline cancelled our outbound flight from Tokyo to Rome, so I took the hint and cancelled the whole thing. Totally gutted as I had a real blinding couple of weeks arranged and it now looks unlikely we'll be able to have some quality time with my parents this year.

I'll take the mrs n kids for a beach break somewhere in Japan instead and there are plenty of great places to go but my parents aren't getting any younger of course, so that's the real disappointment.

*Edit If the airline hadn't cancelled the flight I probably would've cancelled it anyway as the whole thing would've felt a bit weird.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Looks like the BJ may announce relaxation of the quarantine measures today, coming into force 4th July.

Do you have a summer trip abroad planned / are you going to book one now? Or will it be a UK break, or just stay at home?

I'm heading to France on Eurotunnel on the 5th July as I have a friend's Mum with a house out there who wants to get back to it ASAP...

Isn’t there still a 14 days quarantine in France for people from the UK?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Waiting for the 14 day quarantine to be cancelled / corridors changed which likely to be soon.

At which point will be booking a couple of holidays abroad for asap

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Isn’t there still a 14 days quarantine in France for people from the UK?

It’s an invite quarantine for 14 days, voluntary not enforced. Purely reciprocal to the UK measures.

Expecting it to be dropped from the 29th June as part of the travel corridor agreements due to be announced this week.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
A week in St Ives beginning August and 5 day break in Whitstable late August.

Think we are going to cancel St Ives trip and re-book something a little nearer ( Suffolk possibly )

Hopefully a golf trip as well.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It’s an invite quarantine for 14 days, voluntary not enforced. Purely reciprocal to the UK measures.

Expecting it to be dropped from the 29th June as part of the travel corridor agreements due to be announced this week.

Thanks. I’m hopeful that our French holiday may be in Autumn. I was checking out Eurotunnel & the forms we now have to fill in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here