Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We had a week away in May that was canclled for which we have requested a refund, we have a two week cruise booked for September sailing from Southampton that's scheduled to visit the Baltic counties and a stopover in Russia, while a number of cruise companies have cancelled all sailings to much later this year October or November with a couple of companies announcing no sailings until 2021 our company Marrella is playing it month by month and with the current easing of lockdown across northan Europe I think there is a chance the cruise will go ahead.

We were very reluctant and was hoping that the cruise would be cancelled however we are now starting to warm a little to the idea as the cruise industry starts announcing how it plans to operate with 50% less passengers on ships, no self catering, temperature checks on a daily basis we are thinking a free upgrade to a balcony suite plus the chance of visiting ports that will be far less crowds we might just go for it

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Got flights booked for Majorca in August and was supposed to going away with my parents, sister and their kids. My mum and Dad have managed to move the Villa booking on a year as they - understandably being in their 70's - don't want to go away at the moment.

I'm in the situation where I have flights booked for this year and accommodation booked for next year. FFS. TUI's badly worded emails suggest I can move them but that tends to refer to the package deals and not where flight only deal has been purchased as there is no option to move the dates on the app or the website. Whether I will end up in Majorca, none, 1 or 2 times in the next 2 years, I really don't know.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
We had a week at Lake Garda booked in August but switched the flights to Inverness and will now have two weeks on Speyside instead. Now worst case and the flights get cancelled we can always drive.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
We were meant to be going to Crete at the beginning of June but that obviously got cancelled. I've had the refund and have now booked to go to our friends B&B on the Isle of Wight at the end of August. Not exactly as exotic but it has the advantages of not sharing a plane with others, see our friends and most importantly, giving our friends some very needed income. They only started the B&B last year and this would have been their first full year. They have spent thousands on setting it up and some idiot with a bat goes and ruins it !

Totally this ,a group of us visit the Island for a long weekend every year . We weren't going this year due to other things on ,but we will fit in a trip to show support to the owners of the B and B we use . They have become friends over the years . The landlady the last 2 years has presented a birthday card to me at breakfast as it's fallen while we've been down.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nothing.

The only thing I want to do is visit my family. Until I can do that safely, I have no interest in leaving my house.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
End of July Berlin for my 50th ,changed the flight and hotel last week so now there for a week. Montenegro at the start of September ,hoping there both on . If not that's life .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Family holiday booked in Dorset for the end of July. Problem is, it’s for 12 members of my family (8 being outside our bubble). Hopefully restrictions will have eased by then.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing planned. I have written this year off.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Planned to go Munich to visit some friends. I think we'll probably give this a miss even if restrictions are lifted - I don't really want to put them in a position where they have to say "no thank you" to having a family of 4 from Europe's worst-hit country coming to stay.

Would like to get over to Ireland either individually or with the whole family. Looks like a waiting game for now.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
We had a week at Lake Garda booked in August but switched the flights to Inverness and will now have two weeks on Speyside instead. Now worst case and the flights get cancelled we can always drive.

Recommend a visit to Glen Moray & Strathilsa distilleries. Also some lovely little fishing villages dotted around the coastline. We spent 5 yrs living on the Moray Firth in a small fishing hamlet called Gardenstown. Well worth a visit along with Pennan & Crovie

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cornwall in July, Basque Country later in the year, probably September. Will also get a Germany trip in before the year’s out.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Agree, but with a family and kids its a bit more difficult.

For those prepared to take a bit of gamble flights are as cheap as chips, circa £35-40 return to Spain is still possible in August.

What airline? not easyjet has we have been monitoring them.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A week in Aldeburgh, late July, one town down the coast from [MENTION=13655]Ludensian Gull[/MENTION].

Have a week free also in July, again prob in England.

Need to visit Vienna later

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Recommend a visit to Glen Moray & Strathilsa distilleries. Also some lovely little fishing villages dotted around the coastline. We spent 5 yrs living on the Moray Firth in a small fishing hamlet called Gardenstown. Well worth a visit along with Pennan & Crovie

Thanks, we're a bit further west near Aberlour. We spent Christmas and new year just gone in the same place, unfortunately the only distillery tour open was at Glenfiddich but it was still great.

I've worked in Macduff and Fraserburgh in the past and pretty sure I've been to Gardenstown!

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Was going to Madeira in May...... Cancelled

Was going to Wales in July......... Cancelled

Was going to Thailand in October....... Cancelled

But at least" the Rona" has made the weather better in Sussex this year!!!

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here