Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not great for the travel industry, granted, but I believe the best thing everybody can do this summer for the sake of the greater good is just stay in the UK if overseas travel plans are for leisure and not essential. Why go through everything we've been through over the past 10 months only to potentially import the bloody thing all over again? Time to just sit tight for a bit until we are sure we are on the path out of this.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
We booked a holiday to the States this summer. Accommodation and car free cancellation.

Virgin allow us two free changes up to December 2022. It was worth a punt. Things look bad at the moment, but things can change very dramatically if vaccines work and numbers of patients entering hospital and deaths fall. If not, then 2022 it will be. I need my dreams to help see this through

If the worlds economies are not open up by August 2022, then we have a massive problem

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We booked a holiday to the States this summer. Accommodation and car free cancellation.

Virgin allow us two free changes up to December 2022. It was worth a punt. Things look bad at the moment, but things can change very dramatically if vaccines work and numbers of patients entering hospital and deaths fall. If not, then 2022 it will be. I need my dreams to help see this through

If the worlds economies are not open up by August 2022, then we have a massive problem

If things are not open by May virgin will be no more

If things don’t open up by Aug 22 The rest will follow.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
It was one of the reasons why I insisted on fully airline failure on my travel insurance.

I know there is a danger of importing the virus or a variant of it, but the fact of the matter is that viruses do mutate and Covid will do so. If we want any sort of leisure industry, then we are going to have to find away of ensuring that we can detect significant mutations quicker.

If things are not open by May virgin will be no more

If things don’t open up by Aug 22 The rest will follow.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
2021.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Grant Shapps saying today that nobody should book summer holidays abroad or even domestically. Christ, I'm a massive proponent on lockdown and the benefit in protecting the NHS and saving lives but if we can't go in holiday even domestically this summer we're in a tight mess, there will be no aviation sector, or holiday industry left. I expected at least we would be able to go on breaks with our own households domestically following strict covid protocols.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Grant Shapps saying today that nobody should book summer holidays abroad or even domestically. Christ, I'm a massive proponent on lockdown and the benefit in protecting the NHS and saving lives but if we can't go in holiday even domestically this summer we're in a tight mess, there will be no aviation sector, or holiday industry left. I expected at least we would be able to go on breaks with our own households domestically following strict covid protocols.

Isn’t this what you want?

I fully expect international travel by end of April, put it this way - a second summer of no international travel would see the end of airlines like EasyJet - they don’t even have cargo to keep them going.

This is yet more PR as it polls well.

U.K. and Israel are already talking about free travel.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I fully expect international travel by end of April, put it this way - a second summer of no international travel would see the end of airlines like EasyJet - they don’t even have cargo to keep them going.

Where do you feel residents of the UK will be able to travel to in April? I can’t see it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

No I want people to go out and enjoy themselves when the time us right and certainly over the summer as long as their destinations are highly sanitised, sterile and covid secure. Even in a worst case scenario is expect people able to go in holiday and stay within their own household bubbles.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not a summer break as per the thread title, but is anyone risking booking a 2021/22 season ski trip?

I've finally managed to get Mrs P to agree to go skiing over Christmas this year, but I suspect she's only agreed because she thinks we won't be allowed to go!

I've been looking at deals but am pretty nervous about actually making a booking. Will check with whoever book with what their Covid cancellation policy is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a summer break as per the thread title, but is anyone risking booking a 2021/22 season ski trip?

I've finally managed to get Mrs P to agree to go skiing over Christmas this year, but I suspect she's only agreed because she thinks we won't be allowed to go!

I've been looking at deals but am pretty nervous about actually making a booking. Will check with whoever book with what their Covid cancellation policy is.

I never book until October time but am hoping to go next year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wouldn't normally be booking this early either, but as we want go for Christmas week itself, we need to get in early as that week gets booked up pdq.

Good point. Where you planning to go?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't normally be booking this early either, but as we want go for Christmas week itself, we need to get in early as that week gets booked up pdq.

Hi, we take regular ski trips to The Alps.

You’ll be fine if you book much later on than now in any year, booking in May is early and that’s when we normally book for New Year (which is far busier than Xmas).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here