Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just back from two weeks away tested negative for Covid19 on day of departure as we were on a cruise wore a FFP2 mask on flight and coach transfer, the flight was a full with some others going on a cruise and as such had to provide a Covid19 clear certificate plus had to have had proof of full vaccinations.

The majority of the passengers on the flight were however going on other fly stay vacations and as such had no requirement to test for Covid19 or provide any proof of vaccination.

The plane was full of people coughing and sneezing long story short By the second week I was feeling unwell and upon my return have tested positive for Covid19 and feeling dreadful as such I am self isolating and have no intention of flying in the near future if ever again

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just booked a week in Tunisia in May next year.

Staying at Iberostar Selection Royal El Mansour in Mahdia

Anybody here been there ?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
First night of my honeymoon was in Athens - we had an earthquake.

I have heard the obvious corny joke thanks.
I was in Crete when Athens had an earthquake and the missus told me to get off at about 4 am when it happened. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
7869F505-84C8-4ED5-BBAF-E03725BFEF4A.jpeg

It’s lovely in corfu right now

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quite keen to go back to North Korea for another visit. Bit easier these days than when I was there some 12 years ago and a bit less restrictions as I understand it. What is kind of not tempting though is to do the same tour over again: some of the destinations were a bit dull but I'm not overly keen on staying in the hotel either and as you probably know, you're not allowed to wander off without a tour guide present. Anyone been there in the last five years or so?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We changed our flights to Saturday just gone, rather optimistically!!
Still testing positive (yesterday worst day so far) so we are now fighting the insurance companies.
Deep joy, I doubt we will get the flights back as we changed them knowing I had covid for 7 days later, I think we are about 1.6k in the hole now. Two bloody weeks wasted off on holiday, could be worse I guess, but seriously can anyone book a holiday with any real confidence anymore.
How’s ya luck folks, the above was Easter two weeks when I tested positive at 4am just before flying at 8am.

half term booked for Arizona to see the wife’s family, flying in from all over for a party.
i tested positive Thursday, so not going as there are several very vulnerable people going.
staying home, took cat to grove lodge for results Friday, cat has cancer and weeks to live, so I’m spoiling her.
wish I was in Arizona though to be honest.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Spain dropped all its entry requirements for jabs / tests on Friday -

Makes things much simpler. All the western major destination countries have now dropped all entry requirements I think - expect USA which still bans entry for non-jabbed. I imagine they may follow Canada soon and drop all entry requirements when Biden gets around to it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm flying from Spain to France next week, spending a few days there, and then flying back England. As a permanent resident in Spain, I don't need my passport stamped here. As I'm flying within Schengen I won't have to go through passport control when I land in Toulouse.

Question is, will I have a problem on exit if my passport hasn't been stamped in France? Any other EU residents had a similar situation?

Jul 7, 2003
I'm flying from Spain to France next week, spending a few days there, and then flying back England. As a permanent resident in Spain, I don't need my passport stamped here. As I'm flying within Schengen I won't have to go through passport control when I land in Toulouse.

Question is, will I have a problem on exit if my passport hasn't been stamped in France? Any other EU residents had a similar situation?
Not quite the same but earlier in the year I flew from the UK into Finland, then took a flight to Sweden before flying back to the UK. My passport wasn’t checked on the middle sector but my exit was then updated on departure from Sweden. On that basis you should be shown as exiting Schengen when you leave France and returning when you go back to Spain.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not quite the same but earlier in the year I flew from the UK into Finland, then took a flight to Sweden before flying back to the UK. My passport wasn’t checked on the middle sector but my exit was then updated on departure from Sweden. On that basis you should be shown as exiting Schengen when you leave France and returning when you go back to Spain.

I've checked in another forum and the general consensus seems to be it's not a problem. I'll have my Spanish residency card with me anyway and will be able to show flight details.

papachris

I am resident in Estonia. I often am travelling to Spain and UK. I always show ID card with my passport. Sometimes they stamp it and Sometimes not. Nothing to worry about

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

I flew into Amsterdam from Gatwick in December and , to avoid the queues, used my European passport . When I flew out I showed my British passport. Passport control asked me why my British passport wasn’t stamped and having explained, it was not an issue at all. So I suspect you will be fine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It won’t be a problem as you are resident in Spain. I did a similar circular route last year from Berlin, Barcelona, London, Berlin. I got a single stamp exiting Spain and this lone stamp has never been questioned and I have exited and re-entered the EU multiple times since.

I’m sure this is the same for you but my resident permit flags flags up on the system when my passport is scanned entering or exiting the Schengen ie they know . As an aside, we can now also use the electronic gates in Germany but I’ve yet to try this myself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
New travel document needed for travel to most EU countries by next summer

'British travellers will need a visa-waiver to visit most EU countries from 2024, including Spain, France and Portugal.

The European Travel Information and Authorisation Scheme (Etias) was due to be introduced in November 2023, but has been postponed. When it launches, UK passport-holders will need a visa-waiver to visit any countries in Europe’s passport-free zone, the Schengen Area.

Holidaymakers will need to apply online and pay a fee of €7 (around £6) before travelling. The authorisation is expected to be valid for three years, or until your passport expires.'

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
New travel document needed for travel to most EU countries by next summer

'British travellers will need a visa-waiver to visit most EU countries from 2024, including Spain, France and Portugal.

The European Travel Information and Authorisation Scheme (Etias) was due to be introduced in November 2023, but has been postponed. When it launches, UK passport-holders will need a visa-waiver to visit any countries in Europe’s passport-free zone, the Schengen Area.

Holidaymakers will need to apply online and pay a fee of €7 (around £6) before travelling. The authorisation is expected to be valid for three years, or until your passport expires.'

Can't grumble at that, it's what the majority wanted. That's cheap compared to others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here