Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder if flights will continue after national lockdown?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Would hope that flight providers will do the decent thing. Easyjet have been honest, decent and truthful thus far, in my experience. Always impressed by them playing with a straight bat. Besides, if it's 'essential travel only' that rules out many of their cabin crew, and many other airport workers, that get the National Express red eye special from BN1 to LGW in the wee small hours

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For those unaware Gatwick Airport will have a subsidised Covid test centre from 30th November so if going anywhere you need a negative Covid certification a test is £60 If flying from there. Obviously given the time lag for the result of the test you would need to book this in advance of flying.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Should have been just landing in Gran canaria, rebooked for mid Feb fingers crossed.
On a side note My son drove to Holland yesterday no checks for Covid 19 at the tunnel either side

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Should have been just landing in Gran canaria, rebooked for mid Feb fingers crossed.
On a side note My son drove to Holland yesterday no checks for Covid 19 at the tunnel either side

Was it on business or other?

UK travellers are being turned away at ports and the tunnel, unless they can prove it’s for a reason on the permitted list. People trying it twice or more are being fined.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Which part of Dorset?

On a bit of a knife edge though ...judging by tonight’s announcement of tougher tiers....bit of a pain if I can’t...having had only three weekends off since beginning of March and Dad being ill for three months ...I just want to get away for a weekend...still I shouldn’t complain.....it’s a ‘wagon’ overlooking Axe valley ...I’d plan a couple of short walks and nothing else but enjoy the view...eat ..drink and read a book

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On a bit of a knife edge though ...judging by tonight’s announcement of tougher tiers....bit of a pain if I can’t...having had only three weekends off since beginning of March and Dad being ill for three months ...I just want to get away for a weekend...still I shouldn’t complain.....it’s a ‘wagon’ overlooking Axe valley ...I’d plan a couple of short walks and nothing else but enjoy the view...eat ..drink and read a book

Spent the first three years of my banking career living in Axminster........surrounding countryside is beautiful. Loved it there. Hope you get the chance to go......

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Hopefully you will get there.
I went to Dorset just before this lockdown started, booked it 3 months before, I wasn’t sure I was going at one point. It rained every day but it was a well needed break.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Was it on business or other?

UK travellers are being turned away at ports and the tunnel, unless they can prove it’s for a reason on the permitted list. People trying it twice or more are being fined.
Think those stories are planted by the government. Certainly at airports no one is being checked. I don't think banning travel is legal. It contravenes all kinds of human rights.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think those stories are planted by the government. Certainly at airports no one is being checked. I don't think banning travel is legal. It contravenes all kinds of human rights.

https://www.kent.police.uk/news/kent/news2/policing-news/2011/six-people-find-for-trying-to-leave-the-country-breaching-covid-19-restrictions/
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/folkestone/news/fines-given-to-blatant-rule-breakers-repeatedly-trying-to-leave-uk-237565/

But I think you may well be correct about airports, although Gatwick for example has next to no flights a day.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Any time I hear an airplane I think "shit, whats happening, is it war?". Pretty fun how something I wouldnt even have noticed a year ago now is some kind of unusual, spectacular event.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Any time I hear an airplane I think "shit, whats happening, is it war?". Pretty fun how something I wouldnt even have noticed a year ago now is some kind of unusual, spectacular event.

Out of interest, are the likes of Gothenburg and Malmo operating very few flights?

The CEO of Gatwick said last week that’ve gone from 800 to 14, I think.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hopefully you will get there.
I went to Dorset just before this lockdown started, booked it 3 months before, I wasn’t sure I was going at one point. It rained every day but it was a well needed break.

Well havnt managed to get away....looking at January at the mo .although I have my doubts I’ll be allowed too.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I am in Tenerife and this is the fear. Already reports of full planes arriving with no testing whatsoever. They are trying to get it passed in law this week but appears there might be some resistance. Not sure why, because as you rightly point out if they don't they will be back in full lockdown in 3-4 weeks and nobody will be able to come anyway

As expected cases have surged and borders closed to non nationals/residents for a minimum two weeks. If you had Xmas plans here they're down the pan I think

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bad news, Norwegian Air axing all long haul flights from Gatwick

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Had Norwegian cruise cancelled for end March and looking likely the week in IOW is going the same way . Nothing else booked .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here