Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Due to fly to Barbados Sept 1st, Just spent 2-3 hours getting my head around PCR tests and arrival requirements tests are getting slightly cheaper £89 at express tests with results in 24 hours.

Not going to book the tests yet as it all might chnge in the next 2 weeks

Barbados is a breeze if you are double vaccinated, no complaints from the people in resort.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Barbados is a breeze if you are double vaccinated, no complaints from the people in resort.

Thats good to hear, I spoke to Virgin Atlanic today and they have home PCR test that yiu do on a video call with a 'medical profesional' then the results get uploaded immediatly.

Its just the first time of doing PCR seems confusing, the V Atlantic chap even said he dont think they are testing exerone on arrival ,,, just a random selection, but I dont know if thats Gospel or rumours.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thats good to hear, I spoke to Virgin Atlanic today and they have home PCR test that yiu do on a video call with a 'medical profesional' then the results get uploaded immediatly.

Its just the first time of doing PCR seems confusing, the V Atlantic chap even said he dont think they are testing exerone on arrival ,,, just a random selection, but I dont know if thats Gospel or rumours.

Depends how busy it is....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Reunion is part of France, an island in the Indian Ocean
Reunion has an issue with the Brexit variant
Reunion is internally on France's RED list

UK has France on its Amber plus list because of Reunion situation
UK has Reunion on its Amber list

Anyone else confused?

Capture.PNG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Reunion is part of France, an island in the Indian Ocean
Reunion has an issue with the Brexit variant
Reunion is internally on France's RED list

UK has France on its Amber plus list because of Reunion situation
UK has Reunion on its Amber list

Anyone else confused?

View attachment 139070

I should be enjoying a fortnight-plus in the Dordogne, but am not because our government is incapable of understanding the difference between Reunion and mainland France. It might have twigged the difference by now, but it's too cowardly to back down on its daft decision.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Holiday plans this summer?

A day trip to Burnley - happy with that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I should be enjoying a fortnight-plus in the Dordogne, but am not because our government is incapable of understanding the difference between Reunion and mainland France. It might have twigged the difference by now, but it's too cowardly to back down on its daft decision.

Just take a 12,000 mile detour back to UK via beta hot spot Reunion and its problem solved!!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

We are in the eastern Pyrenees (French side) right now. We will stay for a while - I am pretty sure that the Amber-plus rating will go at the end of next week for the double jabbed, which we are. Ridiculous if this is not the case - covid rates here are very low. If necessary, we'll fly home from Spain.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've waded through several pages but can't see anything. Sure I saw someone recommending a place that offered decent priced Day 2 PCR test ... somewhere near Seven Dials I thought?

Anyone help with that?

Alternative is Randox at home I s'pose

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I've waded through several pages but can't see anything. Sure I saw someone recommending a place that offered decent priced Day 2 PCR test ... somewhere near Seven Dials I thought?

Anyone help with that?

We are using The Regenerative Clinic on Ditchling Road (by Fiveways). £39 for a day test on return.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Anyone help with that?

I think I saw the same very useful post you might be refering to. The one I saw is at Fiveways (£39 in-clinic, no faffing about with dropboxes etc)

https://www.theregenerativeclinic.c...g-same-day-and-next-day-covid-19-pcr-service/

*edit* beaten to it gah!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Has anybody tested positive whilst on holiday ? I know someone who is currently isolating in a caravan in Cornwall with her family for exactly this reason. Having a holiday just doesn’t seem worth the risk of that eventuality.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Off to Ibiza after the game tomorrow :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here