Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When time-wasting (in the 13th minute of added time) goes wrong...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If that rule was applied to games at the Amex we’d have had a shit load more points over the years... Keeper wasn’t taking that long... But there’s more to this.. VAR has just disallowed an equaliser from a foul a long long time before the ‘goal’ so I reckon ref was evening it up. Seems very corrupt and odd though. To think CKR played in this league and he was a worldwide megastar!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surely the indirect free-kick is for the goalie not releasing the ball within six seconds? The commentators seem unaware of the rules.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Surely the indirect free-kick is for the goalie not releasing the ball within six seconds? The commentators seem unaware of the rules.
Probably are unaware. How many times have you seen it applied. Either have the rule and adhere to it or scrap it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Probably are unaware. How many times have you seen it applied. Either have the rule and adhere to it or scrap it.

It is a fairly well-known rule and it was definitely over six seconds. As you say, very rarely applied however. I think the goalie can probably count himself fortunate he didn't get a second yellow.

Jul 7, 2003
I watched the end of this game. What the clip doesn't show is that just before that, there was a VAR review for a goal which was disallowed having pulled play back to an incident about a minute before the goal was scored. This took ages to review and the VAR team ended up giving it back to the ref to decide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here