Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Problem with Whatsapp calls

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This sounds a bit crazy but it's 100% correct ... if anyone has any sensible ideas on how I might fix please let me know

When trying to make a whatsapp voice call it keeps cutting out to the point that the call is impossible. Happens on both mine and Mrs phone so not a handset/app issue. But video calls are fine and work no issue at all. We run our TV on firestick so I know it's not a wifi issue.

Don't really want to uninstall/resinstall app as I think we lose history and/or pics and as it's affecting 2 handsets logic tells me it's not that

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
This sounds a bit crazy but it's 100% correct ... if anyone has any sensible ideas on how I might fix please let me know

When trying to make a whatsapp voice call it keeps cutting out to the point that the call is impossible. Happens on both mine and Mrs phone so not a handset/app issue. But video calls are fine and work no issue at all. We run our TV on firestick so I know it's not a wifi issue.

Don't really want to uninstall/resinstall app as I think we lose history and/or pics and as it's affecting 2 handsets logic tells me it's not that

There were loads of people around the world that reported having issues yesterday. Google the issue and see if it's the same.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
In Settings > Data and Storage Usage, is your Call Settings/Low Data Usage set to On? Other than switching it off if it is, that's all I have.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
If you have an iphone- I think you can do audio calls on Facetime which might work the same as a Whatsapp call, but without the issues..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My ex shift mate and I call each other reguarly on WhatsApp video call, without no hang ups (pardon the pun).
He lives in Grenada.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

You can back everything up to the cloud, but I'm pretty sure un/re-installing won't fix anything.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you tried hanging up and re-dialling?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
You can do audio calls on Skype so maybe that is worth a try.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here