Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ref yesterday at the end of the match

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
How did he miss Guendouzi grabbing Maupay round the throat and not take any action? Watching it again on MOTD it was right in front of him, hopefully will be in his report, wonder how long ban the idiot will get?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
3 matches for a retro red I would imagine.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
If there was any justice in football, Guendouzi will get a retrospective 3 match ban for grabbing Maupay round the throat.

I’d also give Leno a retrospective yellow card for his accusative pointing as he was carried off. Combine that with Maupay getting the winner and there’s no surprise at the reaction of some arsenal players.

The irony is, I can’t see how he is even to blame for Leno’s injury.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
On Sky Sports news this morning they reckon this will be looked at by 'the powers that be' on Monday or Tuesday. Suspect a ban is coming for him, but in fairness it was fairly petty but with the rules as they are these days, nothing would surprise me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
3 games plus an additional 3 for not following post game protocols by embracing Maupay and not keeping 2m distance

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
On Sky Sports news this morning they reckon this will be looked at by 'the powers that be' on Monday or Tuesday. Suspect a ban is coming for him, but in fairness it was fairly petty but with the rules as they are these days, nothing would surprise me.

Don’t call gabbing someone around the throat petty

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Not surprised the ref did nothing, how Bissouma got through that game without a booking I'll never know. :lolol:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
but in fairness it was fairly petty but with the rules as they are these days, nothing would surprise me.

DFD25EBE-97D1-4499-B158-62B4A6ABFE66.png

You think this is “fairly petty”?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Don’t call gabbing someone around the throat petty

Accepted under today's rules it might well get a retrospective ban, but I've seen numerous similar pushes to players throats and faces over the last few seasons with most going unpunished. Good job you weren't around watching football in the early 70's - some of the challenges you used to see were literally 'eye watering' but players just got up and got on with it. Not saying we should go back to those days but it surprises me these days that we have any players left on the pitch at the end of 90 mins!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Accepted under today's rules it might well get a retrospective ban, but I've seen numerous similar pushes to players throats and faces over the last few seasons with most going unpunished. Good job you weren't around watching football in the early 70's - some of the challenges you used to see were literally 'eye watering' but players just got up and got on with it. Not saying we should go back to those days but it surprises me these days that we have any players left on the pitch at the end of 90 mins!

Er.....I was

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They should take the punch to his stomach into account as well.
In fairness to Guendouzi, there was no punch.

His hand brushed against Maupay's stomach, and Neal went down as if he'd taken a Ricky Hatton hook to the body.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not surprised the ref did nothing, how Bissouma got through that game without a booking I'll never know. [emoji38]ol:
That amazed me as well, with the amount of fouls given against him (generally correctly so) I'm not sure how he didn't get booked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thing is that mop head wouldn’t do that to Maupay if it was just two of them in an empty room - I have no doubt in that instance Maupay would come out on top :lol:

Then reappear dusting his hands off talking about humility.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think the ref had that good a view. Just look at the picture in this thread and how close Guendouzi is to Maupay, and remember the ref is behind the arsenal player and a little bit away, while there are other players milling around them. Also remember his hand was only around his throat for a brief moment (a reason why I'd be inclined to agree with the poster who calls it petty - it was barely there long enough to be considered a choke)

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
In fairness to Guendouzi, there was no punch.

His hand brushed against Maupay's stomach, and Neal went down as if he'd taken a Ricky Hatton hook to the body.

I thought there was another incident when they were passing each other and it looked like he gave a proper punch? Only saw a long angle shot though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How did he miss Guendouzi grabbing Maupay round the throat and not take any action? Watching it again on MOTD it was right in front of him, hopefully will be in his report, wonder how long ban the idiot will get?

Erm I’m not surprised ...this is the same ref that missed Sol Bamba (hardly missable) running half the width of the pitch having taken his shirt off after Cardiff scored an ‘offside’ winner :moo:

https://www.footballparadise.com/ba...off-celebration-row-as-cardiff-beat-brighton/

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm pretty sure that Guendouzi will get a ban. It's important to realise that Maupay is no angel though. His little walk on John McGinn's leg a couple of year's ago meant the passing of the 'no hothead's' test must have had a lower pass mark on his joining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here