Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All Change For Leicester

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Potter’s squad, starting 11 & formation for Leicester had already been set, long before kick-off today.

I think Potter’s going to be shuffling the squad a lot with games coming so fast.

I’ve just got a feeling that we might try and mirror Leicester in terms of youth and pace?

————————Ryan————————
———Webster—Dunk——Burn————
Lamptey—Bissouma-Pröpper—Bernardo
——————Mac Allister———————
———-Maupay————Connolly———-

I like it but really worry about that Dunk suspension - it would be a travesty if he missed Norwich

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Potter’s squad, starting 11 & formation for Leicester had already been set, long before kick-off today.

I think Potter’s going to be shuffling the squad a lot with games coming so fast.

I’ve just got a feeling that we might try and mirror Leicester in terms of youth and pace?

————————Ryan————————
Isn't Burn suspended? If not, I'd agree with your back three - if he is suspended:
————————Ryan————————
———Webster—Duffy-----Dunk

Agree Lamptey and Bernardo at wing back, but centre midfield:
Lamptey—-----------------------------------—Bernardo
Stephens-----------------Alzate​

———-Maupay————Connolly———-[/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

————————Ryan————————
Isn't Burn suspended? If so, I'd go for:
.............Webster-----Duffy-----Dunk

Wingbacks/midfield, I'd go for:
Lamptey------------------------------------------Bernardo
---------------Stephens------Alzate

Tough on Bissiuma; I'd call it rotation to keep him on side .................................

Front three - yes I'd try those three, same as you.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Isn't Burn suspended? If so, I'd go for:
.............Webster-----Duffy-----Dunk

Wingbacks/midfield, I'd go for:
Lamptey------------------------------------------Bernardo
---------------Stephens------Alzate

Tough on Bissiuma; I'd call it rotation to keep him on side .................................

Front three - yes I'd try those three, same as you.

No he’s not - it was just another poor star caption by BT sport. The 5 yellows amnesty was 19th Match week.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Isn't Burn suspended? If not, I'd agree with your back three - if he is suspended:
————————Ryan————————
———Webster—Duffy-----Dunk

Agree Lamptey and Bernardo at wing back, but centre midfield:
Lamptey—-----------------------------------—Bernardo
Stephens-----------------Alzate​

———-Maupay————Connolly———-[/

No.

The deadline by which 5 yellows would have resulted in a ban was gameday 19.....which was the Tottenham game on Boxing Day.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Is Bernardo injured? He wasn't even on the nine man bench yesterday, we had two right backs there instead.

God knows what Potter will do against Leicester. Seems to me that we're a team that is at its most dangerous in the last 20 minutes or so. Time and again we have players that come off the bench and make a big impact but when they start don't have anywhere near as much influence on the game. With that in mind I'd be tempted to keep some serious attacking threats on the bench so I'd be tempted to have Trossard, MacAllister and Connolly as subs.

If he's fit I'd try and get Alzate involved (centrally) somehow too.

So something like:

Ryan

Montoya Webster Dunk Burn

Propper Bissouma Alzate/Stephens

Mooy

Maupay Murray

Bench: Button, Duffy, Bernardo, March, MacAllister, Stephens/Alzate, Trossard, Connolly

Gross or Schelloto/Lamptey for the last bench spot. Probably one of the rb's.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think we’ll mix it up a little

Ryan
Montoya
Dunk
Webster
Burn

Lamptey
Stephens
Propper
March

MacAllister
Maupay or Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wondered this. Alzate too.

They’ve been dropping hints about Alzate for a while. He had an operation so need to be careful with his return etc etc

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

————————Ryan————————

This but Duffy for the suspended Burn and Alzate for Propper.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
They’ve been dropping hints about Alzate for a while. He had an operation so need to be careful with his return etc etc

Yes, I’d heard something along these lines. Just googled it. Turns out he hasn’t had an op:

“ Steven Alzate still requires minor surgery on a groin problem.

The operation was put back after he reported coronavirus-like symptoms and has remained on hold with medical resources required for more pressing matters.

Technical director Dan Ashworth said: “He has got a slight niggle if you like that at some stage would need a small amount of surgery. But it’s manageable. He can play.

“Normally when you have a break of this length, he would go in for a really minor operation.”

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Agree with the general consensus that 3-5-2/3-4-1-1/5-2-1-2 or whatever you want to call it is the way to go here.

--------------------------Ryan-----------------------------
---------Webster------Duffy------Dunk------------
--Lamptey-------------------------------Bernardo--
-----------------Pröpper-----Bissouma------------
-----------------------Wee Ally Mac------------------
-----------------Maupay--------Connolly-----------

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Love the way some of our usually intelligent posters are having a crack at 'guess the Potter team', one game after a three month break. I couldn't even have guessed that Bernardo and Jahanbaksh wouldn't be in a squad of 18 against Arsenal.:facepalm:

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
The absence of Ali J has got me wondering if he was one of our positive tests originally and has not properly recovered yet. Pure speculation on my part of course and hopefully completely wrong.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I agree may try to mirror Leicester . Looking at results yesterday , I know it’s very possible to still get some unexpected results but I do feel 37 points with the best GD maybe enough . So one more win and 2 draws !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here