One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apologies if fixtures.

6 - average

Ryan - 8
Schelotto - 6
Burn - 6 - looked better in the second half.
Webster - 7
Dunk - 7
Mooy - 5 - good shot otherwise anonymous
Gross - 5 - some nice passes but also anonymous
Bissouma - 9 - MoM
Proper - 6 - got stronger as the game went on.
Trossard - 5 - didn't do enough
Maupay - 8

March - 7
Montoya - 6
Connolly - 6
Stephens - N/A - couple of good tackles
MacAllister - N/A

Potter - disappointed with starting 11, but so good with substitutions.

Ref - 8 - Best game I've seen Atkinson have with us. Could have given Dendozey a red post match....... Hands round the neck etc....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryan - 8
Schelotto - 7 mainly for his superb cross on halftime.
Burn - 5
Webster - 7
Dunk - 7
Mooy - 6 - has been considerably worse
Gross - 6 - we shouldn't underestimate the need to grind down the opposition
Bissouma - 9 - MoM
Propper's hair - 11
Proper - 6 - got stronger as the game went on.
Trossard - 6 - had a couple of moments.
Maupay - 8

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
For what it's worth, this is how I saw it on the radio

Ryan 7
Webster 6 but one excellent tackle
Dunk 8
Burn 5
Schelotto 6
Propper 5
Bissouma 8 MOM
Mooy 5
Trossard 5
Gross 5
Maupay 7

Connolly 6 instinctive flick to put Maupay in was superb.

Montoya
McAllister
March 6

Quite a good result considering a lot of our players had off days , Arsenal must be well Shyte .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Ryan 8
Webster 7
Dunk 8
Burn 7
Schelotto 6
Propper 6
Bissouma 8 MOM
Mooy 7
Trossard 6
Gross 5
Maupay 8

Connolly 6

Montoya 6
McAllister 7 If he'd been on for a few more minutes I would have given him an 8. (he has to start ahead of Trossard or March)
March 6

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan 7
Scheletto 6.5
Burn 6.5
Dunk 8 MOTM
Webster 7
Propper 6.5
Bissouma 8
Gross 6
Mooy 6.5
Trossard 4
Maupay 8

Connolly 6
Stephens 6
March 6
Montoya 6
MacAllister na

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Ryan 7
Schelotto 6
Dunk 7
Webster 7
Burn 7
Mooy 6
Propper 7
Bissouma 8
Gross 4
Trossard 5
Maupay 8

March 5
Montoya 6
Connolly 6

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A very, very good performance under the circumstances.

Propper, Burn and Webster looked understandably rusty for the first 30, but after that everyone acquitted themselves admirably.
Most of them get 6 - 6.5s , Dunk, Maupay and Biss 8.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ryan 6 - His handling was like he was back to his pre-Roberts coaching of after we bought him.
Schelotto 5 - One good cross which should have been attacked but otherwise offered little.
Burn 6 - My definition of an average performance. Plenty of running but no contribution to attack.
Dunk 8 - His average performance is an 8, this was typical Dunk. Higher standards than many around him which is possibly a criticism of his leadership.
Webster 7 - Above average with a couple of good blocks which showed more defensive awareness than he has done previously this season.
Propper 6 - Bad in the first half but good toward the end. He needs more license to attack if we're going to stop being so dreadful to watch.
Bissouma 9 - Incredible performance. Showed all his energy, football intelligence, bite and desire. The best player on the pitch.
Gross 2 - I've always been a big fan, but he was crap. Poor deliveries, no involvement in open play at all. A passenger we can't afford.
Mooy 2 - A nothing player in our "system". Our "tactics" are to play players out of position and stitch them up. Especially Mooy, but he was bad.
Trossard 4 - Better than Gross and Mooy but also not used intelligently. Obviously a good player but hiding it from the world.
Maupay 7 - Took the goal well having had nothing all game. A foul on Leno but not an assault.

Subs
March 2 - For his involvement in Dunk's goal he gets a score. Woeful performance with justification, left wing back to right wing is bad tactics. But he's not a good player.
Connolly 5 - He gets boosted from a 4, which would have been running around only, because of the quality of the flicked pass into Maupay.
Stephens N/A - I don't know if he was actually on the pitch or not.
Montoya N/A - Likewise, I do not know if he was even there aside from one pass I remember.
Mac Allister 10 - On the pitch for 20 seconds and plays a pass none of our players had attempted all game. He's better than the rest and needs to start.

Potter 1 - He needs to wake up a little bit. The pudding is not a formation and his tactics do not get anything from any individuals. It's about time he gave some thought to playing his best players in a formation to best suit them. Why he insists on not getting the most out of the individuals is totally beyond me. He has more talent than he is using and it's extremely frustrating to watch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Telly ratings

Ryan 8
Scheletto 5
Burn 6
Dunk 8
Webster 7
Propper 5
Bissouma 9
Gross 6
Mooy 6
Trossard 5
Maupay 8

Connolly 6
Stephens 6
March 6
Montoya 6
MacAllister na

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan 6 Couple of good saves, got under a cross that was 4 foot in the air!!
Schelotto 6 Ok
Dunk 8 Normal for him
Webster 7 Better than his normal
Burn 5 Caught out a few times

Trossard 4 Wrong decisions on too many occasions
Groß 5 Meh!
Mooy 5 Meh
Pröpper 5 Meh
Bissouma 9 Superb

Maupay 7

March 4 Normal display for him
Connolly 5
Montoya 5

Would love us to start a game with an attacking formation with some flair in midfield. We finish games as I'd like to see us start.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ryan 6 - His handling was like he was back to his pre-Roberts coaching of after we bought him.
Schelotto 5 - One good cross which should have been attacked but otherwise offered little.
Burn 6 - My definition of an average performance. Plenty of running but no contribution to attack.
Dunk 8 - His average performance is an 8, this was typical Dunk. Higher standards than many around him which is possibly a criticism of his leadership.
Webster 7 - Above average with a couple of good blocks which showed more defensive awareness than he has done previously this season.
Propper 6 - Bad in the first half but good toward the end. He needs more license to attack if we're going to stop being so dreadful to watch.
Bissouma 9 - Incredible performance. Showed all his energy, football intelligence, bite and desire. The best player on the pitch.
Gross 2 - I've always been a big fan, but he was crap. Poor deliveries, no involvement in open play at all. A passenger we can't afford.
Mooy 2 - A nothing player in our "system". Our "tactics" are to play players out of position and stitch them up. Especially Mooy, but he was bad.
Trossard 4 - Better than Gross and Mooy but also not used intelligently. Obviously a good player but hiding it from the world.
Maupay 7 - Took the goal well having had nothing all game. A foul on Leno but not an assault.

Subs
March 2 - For his involvement in Dunk's goal he gets a score. Woeful performance with justification, left wing back to right wing is bad tactics. But he's not a good player.
Connolly 5 - He gets boosted from a 4, which would have been running around only, because of the quality of the flicked pass into Maupay.
Stephens N/A - I don't know if he was actually on the pitch or not.
Montoya N/A - Likewise, I do not know if he was even there aside from one pass I remember.
Mac Allister 10 - On the pitch for 20 seconds and plays a pass none of our players had attempted all game. He's better than the rest and needs to start.

Potter 1 - He needs to wake up a little bit. The pudding is not a formation and his tactics do not get anything from any individuals. It's about time he gave some thought to playing his best players in a formation to best suit them. Why he insists on not getting the most out of the individuals is totally beyond me. He has more talent than he is using and it's extremely frustrating to watch.

I agree, mostly, with quite a lot of that, but . . . If we go best 11 every week we'll have a shit bench and be more predictable than Burnley. . . I'd rather stick with a dynamic manager who can think and change as a game progresses . . . . Maybe March @ HT was a trick . . . .change formation slightly . . .happy with Status Quo, then as soon as the Arse got complacent, hit em! We seemed to have more on the bench than they did.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 8 Nothing wrong
Shelotto 4 A poor defender esp one to ones and why give wide player so much room. Should only play when we push forward against team
Dunk 9 Very good
Webster 8 One of best games.
Burns 4 Same comments as Shelotto. Bernardo better full back
Propper 6 As usual. 8 for parts of game and 4 for others
Mooy 6 looked outstanding for Huddersfield as a creative central midfielder going forward yet we play him out wide with no one to run forward with ball or play balls into box.
Bisouma 7 Have to appreciate his defensive workload today.which was needed against Arsenal. First time have seen these qualities for so much of game as used to enjoying his attacking play.
Gross 4 Game just left him behind
Trossard 5 Always have sympathy for forwards chasing lost causes without midfield support but should have contributed more
Maupay 8 Not just his goal but with little support is a nuisance in and around area. Able also to lose a defender..

Connelly Appreciate played ball for goal.but does nothing. Easily knocked of ball. Sure is as good as anybody to take chances but at this level has to contribute more of ball

Job to comment on selection as sure many will play in next few weeks

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

We've just done the double over Arsenal.....!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I enjoyed Pröpper's assist for our first goal. Which seems to have gone unnoticed. Didn't enjoy his first half no-look Duffy-esque sideways pass as much though. But that doesn't cancel out his silky trickery for me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 7 -- made a couple of good saves in the first half
Schelotto 4.5 -- not really wanting a new contract. Plenty of effort, low on technique and decision-making
Webster 7.5 -- one heck of a challenge, and all else was good
Dunk 8 -- another stunner from the captain
Burn 4 -- Bernardo, please
Propper 6.5 -- 5 for the first half, 8 for the second
Bissouma 9.5 MotM -- the transformation in him is something else. The talent was so obviously there -- witness, the swiftness of Tequila -- but it's now combined with discipline and intelligence. I know the market will be down this summer, but I think we might get a BIG offer for him
Gross 4 -- why he's starting is beyond me. Alzate and/or Mac Allister, please
Mooy 5
Trossard 6 -- I thought he did a few good things
Maupay 8 -- an assist, a last minute goal, an incredible shift from Le Petit Shithouse copyright [MENTION=5238]Brian Fantana[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Subs:
March 5 -- two awful crosses, one good one
Montoya 6
Connolly 7 -- on for c20 minutes, two touches, the first awful, the second sublime
Stephens n/a -- one cracking tackle
Mac Allister 8 -- that feint, that pass. And all within a sixtieth of the time Connolly was on the pitch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 6 Couple of good saves, got under a cross that was 4 foot in the air!!
Schelotto 6 Ok
Dunk 8 Normal for him
Webster 7 Better than his normal
Burn 5 Caught out a few times

Trossard 4 Wrong decisions on too many occasions
Groß 5 Meh!
Mooy 5 Meh
Pröpper 5 Meh
Bissouma 9 Superb

Maupay 7

March 4 Normal display for him
Connolly 5
Montoya 5

Would love us to start a game with an attacking formation with some flair in midfield. We finish games as I'd like to see us start.

Mooy, Trossard and Gross tried, but very little came off, performances very much to forget. I didn’t even realise that Gross was playing until well into the first half.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We were pretty average to be honest; that makes it even better that we beat a ‘top six’!

Ryan 7: Loved the Aubameyang save where he had to change direction.

Webster 7: Two lovely tackles and some great positioning. Seems to have finally found his Premier League confidence.
Dunk 8: As good as Webster but with an added goal.

Burn 6: A number of crosses headed out the box but no attacking threat today and didn’t look confident against the Pépé pace.

Schelotto: 6 He was fine but nothing special.

Pröpper: 6 Awful 1st half, much better 2nd when he started pushing forward.

Bissouma: 8 MOM. Another match, another MOM performance. Contact extension this summer?

Mooy: 6 Not as bad as others thought but didn’t look comfortable on the flank. His yellow was all Potter needed to haul the Aussie-baldy off.

Trossard: 6 Just average. Didn’t make much happen.

Gross: 5 Won’t start on Tuesday. Radar off.

Maupay: 7 No service. But kept sniffing about all game making the Arsenal back line uncomfortable. Lovely dinked goal.

SUBS

Connolly: 6 One amazing flick, nothing else.

Montoya: 6 Looked solid.

McAllister: 7 I was happy with a draw. He wasn’t. A decisive and direct pass, the sort of service Maupay had been starved of for most of the match.

March: 6 One amazing ball across goal. Nothing else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here