Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Positives from today ( aside the bleedin obvious)

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
3 points on the board is the most important thing, no injuries, and one less on the goal difference, we also scored more than once and from open play against a side as good as these, they may not be the best 'team' but they have some very good players.

Going forward however I was thinking, whilst grinning round town walking the dog in my Bukta shirt . . . . Maupay worked his socks of, and finally got his just rewards, which hopefully gives him a big confidence boost over just a pat on the back . . . . . .We've shown some strength in depth with substitutes, Bissouma played superbly, strong, fairly so. Having watched some other games, we got into it pretty quickly, which suggests heads are in the right place. We finally got the rub of the green and It couldn't have come at a better time. It all bodes well if GP can keep the momentum going. LEicester are good, but no better than the Arse. . . . Stop ratboy and we could come home with a point.

All in all an extremely positive restart.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We finally won a Premier League game in 2020

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thousands of Albion STH fans watching us win on TV or dodgy stream and experiencing what other less fortunate Albion fans have to go through every matchday :thumbsup:

I got out in the garden earlier:moo:

Attachments

• IMG-20200620-WA0014.jpeg
    IMG-20200620-WA0014.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 583

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unbeaten since February 29th
First win under Potter after conceding the first goal
Dunk didn't get booked
No one left the ground early (and missed the winner)
Quickest ever return home from the Amex

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We were second best for the majority of the game, but still managed to turn it around and win.

It shows we have a mentality that was seemingly not there for the start of the year - feel fairly confident we'll stay up.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Unbeaten since February 29th
First win under Potter after conceding the first goal
Dunk didn't get booked
No one left the ground early (and missed the winner)
Quickest ever return home from the Amex

Last point, spot on, I was in the pantry for more ale before the players finished their lap of honour

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Though Webster had a good game, don’t understand his slagging from some yes made a few mistakes and so did Dunk first PL season. Some fans think White is going to be the next VVD he got sold a few times away at Arsenal for Leeds unlike Webby today.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Maupay has clearly benefited from the break - he was clearly low on confidence prior to the break - I don’t think he would have scored that goal today had the match been played when it should have been

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
In addition to what others have said:

- having Connolly back fit and making a telling contribution will do his confidence a world of good
- March had some lovely touches and I think the assist for her first which will go him good too
- we have genuine strength in depth, Ali J, Alzate and Bernardo couldn’t even make a 9 man bench and will game’s coming thick and fast will be critical
- MacAlistair (spelling) in 2 mins showed class and can’t wait to see more of him.
- Ryan was superb, one of his best games for the club.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Two Albion players scored.
MacAllister got some game time and showed a lovely touch.
West Ham lost.
Watford got no more than a point.
Plucky are currently 2 down.

Ozwald

Dec 8, 2019
whilst super happy with the result and chuffed that we came from behind to get a win, especially against a team like arsenal, I noticed there were times we just gifted the ball away, a key moment sticking in my mind is when Propper literally passes it straight to an arsenal player on the edge of the box. Hope this win brings some confidence to us on the ball so we don't keep making silly mistakes like that.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Dunk didn't get booked and has continued to avoid a 2 match ban.
Although Dan Burn is suspended against Leicester, we have Shane Duffy to replace him.
Adam Webster didn't put a foot wrong and will have maybe quietened some of his critics for a bit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
whilst super happy with the result and chuffed that we came from behind to get a win, especially against a team like arsenal, I noticed there were times we just gifted the ball away, a key moment sticking in my mind is when Propper literally passes it straight to an arsenal player on the edge of the box. Hope this win brings some confidence to us on the ball so we don't keep making silly mistakes like that.
Wouldn't worry most other teams have been the same. Will take 2/3 games to get back to some kind of normality. On the plus side we still looked pretty fit at the end !!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Ozwald

Dec 8, 2019
Wouldn't worry most other teams have been the same. Will take 2/3 games to get back to some kind of normality. On the plus side we still looked pretty fit at the end !!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

you're right, it just gives me a heart attack when I see it! It was really nice to see all the boys working very hard for it the whole game, even if we were second best on the pitch at times. very encouraging.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Dunk didn't get booked and has continued to avoid a 2 match ban.
Although Dan Burn is suspended against Leicester, we have Shane Duffy to replace him.
Adam Webster didn't put a foot wrong and will have maybe quietened some of his critics for a bit.

I thought Webster was very good today, equal partner with Dunk today rather than the shaky understudy he has been. Hope he builds on this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think we’ll see some serious squad rotation.......wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Ali J, Bernardo (for Burn ?) and Alzate playing a large part on Tuesday.

Loads of character shown today. Bissouma carried on where he left off at Wolves, absolutely immense and so much drive and energy. Fantastic [emoji106]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here