Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connolly

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Maybe he’ll be one of those players that delights and frustrates in equal measure. I look forward to watching him develop.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
He needs a loan move next season I feel. Good individual quality, and I get it's the first game back but he wasn't involved enough for me

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
He lacks a bit of confidence due to not playing for a long time. I'd like to see him given more game time and be encouraged to run at people (unless he's lost his pace due to injury).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Galway Ronaldinho

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think he's one of those players. I remember watching him (on a stream) a couple of times for the U 23s. He didn't seem to do anything other than score...

Plus he's a young kid with more than is probably fair being put on him. Ideally he should be brought on slowly, 15-20 minutes here and there and the odd start.

That said there are times when it looks like him and Maupay could forge a really good partnership.

And he looks a bit like MacAllister, who looks like he might be a really good player, so...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Tough audience

It wasn’t meant to be a critical thread, if anything it’s a compliment.

Clearly it’s going to be difficult for a lot of players coming back today but for him to produce that outstanding flick after struggling to get into the game and having one other (poor) touch in 20 minutes or so shows what quality he has in his boots.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
No mystery at all. The whole team were the same in the first half. 3 months without any action (even friendlies) What do you expect ?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No mystery at all. The whole team were the same in the first half. 3 months without any action (even friendlies) What do you expect ?

Disagree. Some players looked much more up to game speed from the beginning - Bissouma, Maupay, Dunk, Webster, Schelotto. Others less so - Gross, Burn, Trossard.

As I say, this wasn’t meant to be critical, more in praise of the flick after not really touching the ball.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Disagree. Some players looked much more up to game speed from the beginning - Bissouma, Maupay, Dunk, Webster, Schelotto. Others less so - Gross, Burn, Trossard.

As I say, this wasn’t meant to be critical, more in praise of the flick after not really touching the ball.

Ditto with my comment, it was an amazing flick which contributed to our second best goal of the season, and best team goal.
As to your list, I more-or-less agree. I'd move Schelotto from the former to the latter, and add Propper to the latter for his first half performance. He was back to form second half, and also initiated the goal with a well-judged and executed overhead.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ditto with my comment, it was an amazing flick which contributed to our second best goal of the season, and best team goal.
As to your list, I more-or-less agree. I'd move Schelotto from the former to the latter, and add Propper to the latter for his first half performance. He was back to form second half, and also initiated the goal with a well-judged and executed overhead.

I'm glad someone created this thread, because if they hadn't, I would. Connolly's touch was simply fantastic - to the extent that Maupay didn't even have to take a touch before slamming it into the net. Brilliantly worked team goal, leading to an extra two points that may well be the difference between staying up and going down. Well played Aaron.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm glad someone created this thread, because if they hadn't, I would. Connolly's touch was simply fantastic - to the extent that Maupay didn't even have to take a touch before slamming it into the net. Brilliantly worked team goal, leading to an extra two points that may well be the difference between staying up and going down. Well played Aaron.

He did it for you. Just reward for the wonderful information you provide for us on here :thumbsup:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was listening on R5. They basically said that as soon as Connolly came on, there was a different energy about us, and that his presence changed the style/formation/tactics - without even touching the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here