Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Reserve Assistant Referee: Paul Kelly
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Richard West

TEAM NEWS

Brighton forward Aaron Connolly has fully recovered from knee and ankle injuries and is pushing for a start against Arsenal.

Long-term absentee Jose Izquierdo is the only player unavailable to head coach Graham Potter.

Granit Xhaka could miss out for Arsenal because of an ankle problem, while Pablo Mari also joined Arsenal's lengthy injury list in midweek at Manchester City.

David Luiz begins a two-game ban.

Mesut Ozil's fitness continues to be assessed ahead of a potential recall.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton lost the first Premier League meeting between the sides in October 2017 but are unbeaten in the subsequent four games (W2, D2).
    [*=left]The Seagulls are looking to complete their first league double over the Gunners.
    [*=left]Arsenal are winless in four away league games against Brighton (D1, L3), last winning in April 1981.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are the only side in the top four English divisions yet to win a league game in 2020; they have drawn six matches and lost three.
    [*=left]The Seagulls could equal their top-flight club record of 10 matches without a win on Saturday.
    [*=left]Albion have won just one of their past eight home league fixtures (D4, L3).
    [*=left]Brighton have accrued 29 points after 29 games. That is four points down on this stage of last year, and five adrift of their tally in 2017-18.
Arsenal

• [*=left]Defeat at Manchester City on Wednesday ended Arsenal's unbeaten league start to the calendar year (W4, D4).
    [*=left]The Gunners have won only two of their 14 away league fixtures this season (D8, L4).
    [*=left]Ninth-placed Arsenal have lost only one of their 17 league fixtures against teams currently below them in the table (W8, D8). That defeat was against Brighton.
    [*=left]Arsenal have scored only eight league goals outside of London this term, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang providing seven of those.
    [*=left]Aubameyang has scored 49 goals in 76 league appearances. Thierry Henry holds the Arsenal club record for fewest appearances to reach 50 Premier League goals, taking 83 matches.
    [*=left]The Gunners have had a league-high three players sent off since Mikel Arteta became head coach in December.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Wonder how many 'Sussex Reds' will attempt to breach the ring of steel around the stadium to get a socially distanced selfie with Aubameyang et al.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Finally here, Arsenal looked
Lightweight in the week, if we get at them early I could see an Albion win here, all the more important as Watford are playing earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Arsenal are dire at the back. No excuses for being shot shy today... And certainly no excuses not to be more up for it than them - all to play for for us whilst they've got f all to play for and just had a demoralising defeat

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My concern is so far every team has returned looking really rusty and shite...

...there's no real need to finish that sentence. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nervous as hell about this

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A win is achievable, considering they have only won three more times than us this season...
A double over Arsenal would be a massive confidence boost, in our fight for survival and give us the belief we can get out of this.

Buzzing

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Here at last! The game we have waited a long time for.
What are our chances? Decent I think. They are without Luiz ( or is that a benefit to them?) We beat them once this season ,lets do it again. :albion2:

(NB... I still think it is unfair that they already have a game under their belt but we must go into it cold... )

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Fingers crossed for a good start and no cock ups. We can win this!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It feels like Christmas morning. Four games to watch one after the other and each one of them will have a major impact on the Albion. Hope to God I'm not disappointed with what I get, but I'm feeling strangely optimistic at the moment. Come on you super Seagulls!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here