Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tottingham Hotspur v Manchester Untied

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The furious Keane bit would provide welcome respite and amusement, but the remainder sounds awful.
And there I was, switching off and relaxing on a Friday night after a stressful week, AND YOU COME ALONG AND RUIN IT.

Sorry pal. Would the sound of Kelly Jones singing "made me feeeel like the one" over an echoey tannoy in the style of a man heaving up the offcuts of a troublesome curry perhaps improve things?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not really a rule but if they have time to check it in stopped play they will. Also why it was so baffling that that wassock Oliver didnt get the hawkeye checked.

It’s an age old allegation/perception about refs, but the current bunch strike me as in the main arrogant little shits.

Easy to accept innate confidence when they’re exceptionally good (Collina, Clattenburg), but Moss, Oliver and Friend have that punchable quality.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Biased Evra thought Utd were amazing in the second half :lolol: Thankfully Keane said he wouldn’t go that far.

Dier’s idiotic moment changed everything.

To be fair it was great feet and strength from Pogba.

Both teams dropped off a cliff in those last 6 or 7 minutes, with passes going astray like it was a Sunday league match.

Man Utd the better team but didn't do enough to win it. Highlight of the match was that world class save from Lloris to fingertip Martial's shot over the bar.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I genuinely didn’t know about that rule. Does a ref have to award all potential pens, with VAR being the arbiter?

That would be the sensible approach. I dare not read the rules again to check, though. Last time I looked they were so illiterate, ambiguous and shit, it looked like they had been written by Liz Truss.

In this country, 'getting there in the end' is now a national virtue. Not ****ing it up in the first place, and making some attempt to avoid being clueless would be far better in my book. But what do I know? :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Both teams dropped off a cliff in those last 6 or 7 minutes, with passes going astray like it was a Sunday league match.

Man Utd the better team but didn't do enough to win it. Highlight of the match was that world class save from Lloris to fingertip Martial's shot over the bar.

Funny about differing perceptions. I thought ManU started better, then Spurs controlled much of the game until the Dier tackle. The clock was running down rapidly, I could only see a Spurs win,

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That would be the sensible approach. I dare not read the rules again to check, though. Last time I looked they were so illiterate, ambiguous and shit, it looked like they had been written by Liz Truss.

In this country, 'getting there in the end' is now a national virtue. Not ****ing it up in the first place, and making some attempt to avoid being clueless would be far better in my book. But what do I know? :shrug:

If you’re right, I’d hate the game being stopped for every potential pen. It will be another tool for gamesmanship clubs, when winning, to break the rhythm of opponents chasing a game.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I got the vibe that Evra was offering to drive Keane home like seriously please dont drive i got this. "Any manchester players i will drive home"

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Can anyone shed light on why the push on Pogba was a penalty and the foul on James (just before he got booked) wasn't? You either give both or neither. Personally, think both are fouls but couldn't fathom why the lino didn't flag for James.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can anyone shed light on why the push on Pogba was a penalty and the foul on James (just before he got booked) wasn't? You either give both or neither. Personally, think both are fouls but couldn't fathom why the lino didn't flag for James.
Simple answer, the match was not played at Old Trafford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here