Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia loan extended

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
STRIKER EXTENDS CINCINNATI STAY

Brighton & Hove Albion forward Jurgen Locadia has signed a one-year loan extension with FC Cincinnati that will keep him at the Major League Soccer club until the summer of 2021.

The MLS season usually runs from March to November but was paused after just two match rounds because of the Covid-19 outbreak.

Locadia netted on his debut for Cincinnati in a 3-2 defeat away to New York Red Bulls at the start of March.

Technical director Dan Ashworth said, “This extension gives Jurgen the opportunity to continue the season he began in the MLS back in March.

“We will be monitoring his progress over there and wish him well between now and next July.”

The 26-year-old joined Albion from PSV Eindhoven in January 2018 and scored in his first two appearances for Albion, a 3-1 win over Coventry City in the FA Cup and a 4-1 victory against Swansea City in the Premier League in February.

Locadia played in the opening two Premier League games this season, against Watford and Southampton, before heading to Hoffenheim where he found the net four times during a loan spell with the Bundesliga club.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The option to buy is still in place, but they have negotiated a "Covid discount" on the agreed fee.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The option to buy is still in place, but they have negotiated a "Covid discount" on the agreed fee.

Locadia aside I expect we will enter any transfer dealings with the expectation of a Covid discount (-30%) only to be told there is no Covid discount and we’ll refuse to budge and end up in the Stephen Dobbie bargain bin again come deadline day/week.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
With the discount now being touted for Locadia and Andone on his second serious knee injury we are looking at taking a big hit with losses on those two (less on the latter given we picked him up on the cheap)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With the discount now being touted for Locadia and Andone on his second serious knee injury we are looking at taking a big hit with losses on those two (less on the latter given we picked him up on the cheap)

T'is the nature of the beast.

That combined 'big hit' would look like loose change if the clubs hierarchy decided to sell any one of it's centre backs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
T'is the nature of the beast.

That combined 'big hit' would look like loose change if the clubs hierarchy decided to sell any one of it's centre backs.

How many centre backs do we have playing at a senior level at the moment? I make it 7, not including Bernardo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many centre backs do we have playing at a senior level at the moment? I make it 7, not including Bernardo.

All I know is it's easier to count the centre forwards. :jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They offered Locadia a loan extension after two games? Jeez! Only saw his non-clinical finish in one of the games (one-on-one with the keeper, still took him two dibs at it after the keeper blocked and spilled his first attempt). Not seen his other goal but far more likely than not to be equally unimpressive.

Long may those loan spells continue! :wave:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The most shocking part of this is realising that Locadia has a contract with us until the summer of 2022.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know I’m alone here but I’d rather he was here as an extra forward option given our powder puff attack. His goals last season helped keep us up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Locadia aside I expect we will enter any transfer dealings with the expectation of a Covid discount (-30%) only to be told there is no Covid discount and we’ll refuse to budge and end up in the Stephen Dobbie bargain bin again come deadline day/week.

Indeed, it all sounds oh so familiar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here