Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Diving nowadays

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was thinking about all the changes to the game since I went to my first match in either 67 or 68.

The one that was pretty much non existent was diving and the reason I know that was I can still remember the first player that I saw blatantly dive and his name was Ray Graydon.
We were playing Bristol Rovers and I was with my dad on the East terrace.
I remember looking at him with a quizzical look as all the east terrace laughed at him and then started booing when they realised he had won the free kick on the wing in front of us. Cue the booing for the rest of the game.

How was Grealish the other night I never saw it ?

Anyway that’s the worst change in the game imo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Arsenal game the other night had no diving in it whatsoever. Could be a benefit of no crowd to feed the panto.

For me the disappearance of other forms of cheating, namely violent tackling from behind and real intimidation, more than compensates for a bit of play acting.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was thinking about all the changes to the game since I went to my first match in either 67 or 68.

The one that was pretty much non existent was diving and the reason I know that was I can still remember the first player that I saw blatantly dive and his name was Ray Graydon.
I remember looking at him with a quizzical look as all the east terrace laughed at him and then started booing when they realised he had won the free kick on the wing in front of us. Cue the booing for the rest of the game.

Still kissing the turf and looking at the ref from a prone position

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
The Arsenal game the other night had no diving in it whatsoever. Could be a benefit of no crowd to feed the panto.

For me the disappearance of other forms of cheating, namely violent tackling from behind and real intimidation, more than compensates for a bit of play acting.

The player going down for the Luiz red card. Fouled yes but he went down like he had been shot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The first person I saw doing it was Jacques Cousteau, a different era...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The first person I saw doing it was Jacques Cousteau, a different era..]
Oh those young bronzed boys like Philippe. I’m guessing they went down quite easily as well

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I read and clicked on the thread thinking it was about the standard of DRIVING these days :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here