Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excluded from the Bear Pit

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We feel lonely without Trump. Deemed unworthy of the Bear Pit. Drain the swamp.

Shocking decision .. goal-line technology, VAR and the match officials can all see it clearly fits the necessary criteria ..

for discussions which are either likely to turn toxic or have turned toxic. Typically these threads are politically-focused and involve a small group of people getting angry with each other, whilst absolutely no-one will attempt to see the other side, nor change their perspective

First whinge about what should be in the Bear Pit ... :thumbsup:

OOooops spoke too soon!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Shocking decision .. goal-line technology, VAR and the match officials can all see it clearly fits the necessary criteria ..

for discussions which are either likely to turn toxic or have turned toxic. Typically these threads are politically-focused and involve a small group of people getting angry with each other, whilst absolutely no-one will attempt to see the other side, nor change their perspective

OOooops spoke too soon!

The thing is since Tyrone Bigones disappeared no one does disagree on the Trump thread...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yoghurt knitters should be excluded from TBP, but it would seem we're not.

You lot need to start a thread along the lines of 'what's your favourite Summer flower', then have a pile on.

It'll sit nicely over here between the Patel threads. :lol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The thing is since Tyrone Bigones disappeared no one does disagree on the Trump thread...
Exactly. That thread is not toxic.

NSC has just solved its biggest problem now that this sub forum has been created for the poison superspreading.

My last post ever in this toxic locker :wave:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

OOooops spoke too soon!

Thank you, we're in agreement on something at least. On which, can I endorse what @HKFC said about your response to the series of questions he posed. I do think you must be embarrassed by the efforts of your fellow brethren (see, harmony didn't last too long).

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Thank you, we're in agreement on something at least. On which, can I endorse what @HKFC said about your response to the series of questions he posed. I do think you must be embarrassed by the efforts of your fellow brethren (see, harmony didn't last too long).

I think I agreed with JCFG genius once, too. This is a rare event and to be treasured!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I think I agreed with JCFG genius once, too. This is a rare event and to be treasured!

Well I thought I agreed with him that we didn't want a border in the Irish Sea, but I think he has changed his mind on that. Can't be sure though, because he doesn't seem to want to say one way or the other :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Trump still not getting the credit he deserves. All those mods trying their hardest to keep him down and quiet in The Bear Pit. And Katie Hopkins can just about handle being kicked off Twitter, but not even making it into here, well that's another matter entirely.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Exactly. That thread is not toxic.

NSC has just solved its biggest problem now that this sub forum has been created for the poison superspreading.

My last post ever in this toxic locker :wave:

Respectfully, I disagree.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This was also posted in a thread in the Big Board area:

Well, I'm not sure what I feel about the creation of this bear pit, and for several interconnected reasons.
It's created a sub-forum which, as several posters have gleefully pointed out, has been marginalised. While it would go too far to characterise this as 'no platforming', it's at the very least marginalising certain views. One of the issues that has cropped up on various threads on NSC is that of free speech which tends to produce a polarised binary response, ie "I'm/you're for/against free speech". I tend to be pro-free speech, unless it descends into hate speech (which admittedly is difficult to circumscribe), but I also tend to have deep problems with those on NSC that are free speech zealots. And that's because free speech zealots tend to defend and/or promote hate speech.
Those that marginalise platforms -- in this instance, it's [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] -- are often accused of being anti-free speech, sacrificing a long-earned, hard-fought freedom. But this also raises the question about which threads find their way into the Bear Pit and, perhaps more importantly, who assigns them there. And this requires some sort of function which could be called policing, but also moderating. And this, in turn, depends on the 'persuasion' of those that are serving this role. So it'd be useful if there was an explanation at the start of each thread as to why it has been moved to the Bear Pit and by whom.
For instance, and if you're still reading, the Trump thread hasn't made it there, whereas the following three have: 1, Are you left or right?; 2, PMQs; and, 3, Just how awful is this government? I'm still struggling to understand how this has transpired, and one explanation might be to expect consistency is too much, which would be an entirely valid response in my view. A more cynical view would offer that the three included/excluded threads have been moved because this dire government -- and the right, more generally -- are beginning to cop some flak.
To return to the beginning, in principle, I'm unsure where I stand on this but if its effect is to marginalise hate speech, then I'm all for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here