Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-22/06/20

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ready for the football-fest to commence?

Friday 19th
Norwich City v Southampton (18:00) - Sky Sports / Sky One / Pick
Tottenham Hotspur v Man Utd (20:15) - Sky Sports

Saturday 20th
Watford v Leicester City (12:30) - BT Sport
Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal (15:00) - BT Sport
West Ham v Wolves (17:30) - Sky Sports
AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (19:45) BBC One

Sunday 21st
Newcastle United v Sheffield United (14:00) - Sky Sports / Sky One / Pick
Aston Villa v Chelsea (16:15) - Sky Sports
Everton v Liverpool (19:00) - Sky Sports / Sky One / Pick

Monday 22nd
Man City v Burnley (20:00) - Sky Sports / Sky One / Pick

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 10.26.38.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If we beat The Arse, it wouldn't be all bad if Norwich beat Southampton. I know it's preferable right now for teams below us not to win, but teams immediately above losing is good too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh when the Saints go marching in..,

I'm glad it's Mrs GB's birthday today and we have a Thai takeaway booked for around the time of the early game. Wanting the Scummers to win is nearly as bad as cheering on Palace. My plan is to keep my powder dry, ply her with red curry and wine and then sneak off for the Man U game with the boy.

As much as football without crowds is very, very rubbish it is less rubbish than evenings watching repeats of Pointless and doing the washing up. Me, the boy, the sofa, a few beers and lots of football. The crowd is all that it missing. Essentially this is replacing Euro 2020 which I couldn't get tickets for anyway.

I'm even going to have a bet or two.

Jimmy Grimble

If we beat The Arse, it wouldn't be all bad if Norwich beat Southampton. I know it's preferable right now for teams below us not to win, but teams immediately above losing is good too.

I started to think similar but then thought we’ve got both sides left to play, and if Southampton are safe by the time we play them it’s got to work in our favour right?!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Southampton need just 4 more points to be safe. A win tonight and they are all but there.

I'd rather Norwich stayed 8 points behind us... with 8 more games left for them to play.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Norwich v Saints interesting one.

We still have saints so they are not clear by any means.

Win for Norwich and with us to play would bring them well into the picture.

Hoping a draw tonight

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I think so, I don't think I remember.Stains being all that, just hit a weird purple patch.

if Narch get a scrappy win I'd think it far more likely we'll overhaul Stains than Narch doing the same to us

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm glad it's Mrs GB's birthday today and we have a Thai takeaway booked for around the time of the early game. Wanting the Scummers to win is nearly as bad as cheering on Palace. My plan is to keep my powder dry, ply her with red curry and wine and then sneak off for the Man U game with the boy.

As much as football without crowds is very, very rubbish it is less rubbish than evenings watching repeats of Pointless and doing the washing up. Me, the boy, the sofa, a few beers and lots of football. The crowd is all that it missing. Essentially this is replacing Euro 2020 which I couldn't get tickets for anyway.

I'm even going to have a bet or two.

What odd times we live in, I'm also supporting Southampton and Palace!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Norwich v Saints interesting one.

We still have saints so they are not clear by any means.

Win for Norwich and with us to play would bring them well into the picture.

Hoping a draw tonight

Yes, draw.

Only 2 points shared by teams around us, rather than 3

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A draw best for us. I still think Southampton could be in trouble.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not sure any result here is a disaster for us. I'd like to see some truly awful football, plenty of injuries and a load of cards. Something akin to the Arsenal performance but from both sides. And preferably a draw.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's an odd one, as you could argue the case for almost any result being one we could benefit from. As people are clearly doing!

But on balance, I've come round to thinking a Southampton win is best. Followed by the draw.

If Saints win, they'd effectively have nothing to play for when we play them, which might work in our favour a bit. Plus, as someone said, they really only need another 4/5 points to be completely safe, so 'catching Southampton' is probably low down our list of aims.

Similarly a defeat for Norwich would mean their slim chances of survival become even more unlikely. And equally, we don't want to go into our game with them in a scenario where a Norwich win would bring them within a point or two of us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here