NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apologies, duplicate please delete MODS

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh bless, ...RIP Dame Vera.....although she fibbed about those bluebirds.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Sad as she was an admirable lady (and a local). But now await the media gush-fest, feeding our collective national obsession with the 2nd World War.

National obsession is a tad harsh I feel, are you saying we should forget then!, we have had some significant anniversaries lately and will in the future so all the more important that we should be kept reminded of the sacrifices made. Dame Vera touched a cord with so many at the time and will always be remembered for the hope she gave to our forces abroad.

RIP Vera.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I think she provided the land for our BB summer camp in Ditchling. RIP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sad as she was an admirable lady (and a local). But now await the media gush-fest, feeding our collective national obsession with the 2nd World War.

Obsession? Really?

So what kind of a country would we be living in today under the Nazi's?

There would be no BLM marches that's for certain.

RIP Vera, met her a Brighton Races a few years ago, truly a national treasure.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Would be nice if we kept this to a respectful RIP thread and not another political binfest. Thanks chaps.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
National obsession is a tad harsh I feel, are you saying we should forget then!, we have had some significant anniversaries lately and will in the future so all the more important that we should be kept reminded of the sacrifices made. Dame Vera touched a cord with so many at the time and will always be remembered for the hope she gave to our forces abroad.

RIP Vera.

I think my point is that there'll now be wall to wall coverage and sometimes proportionality goes out of the window. She lived a long and happy life and Dame Vera herself at times felt that she was as an artist almost too associated with the war. Perhaps I just listen to too much radio.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I met her at a charity cricket match at the County ground. She was a lovely person to speak to and took time to talk to me, a young girl, at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here