Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 2020 (now 2021) dates revealed

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sunday 13 June
Group D: England vs Croatia (15:00, London)

Friday 18 June
Group D: England vs Play-off winner C (21:00, London)

Tuesday 22 June
Group D: Czech Republic vs England (21:00, London)

Saturday 26 June - Tuesday 29 June
Round of 16

Friday 2 July - Saturday 3 July
Quarter-finals

Tuesday 6 July - Wednesday 7 July
Semi-finals

Sunday 11 July
Final

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
9pm KOs?! I think we can assume that's CEST, not local.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lovely got the tickets to follow England all the way through other than the QF. If we go all the way it will be amazing.

I wonder how many have asked for the refund. I imagine a fair few will be up for grabs in the re-sell.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Wonderful stuff, excited about football again! There will be a small pocket of Albion fans at the Spain v Sweden match in Bilbao, second spike notwithstanding!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sunday 13 June
Group D: England vs Croatia (15:00, London)

Friday 18 June
Group D: England vs Play-off winner C (21:00, London)

Tuesday 22 June
Group D: Czech Republic vs England (21:00, London)

Saturday 26 June - Tuesday 29 June
Round of 16

Friday 2 July - Saturday 3 July
Quarter-finals

Tuesday 6 July - Wednesday 7 July
Semi-finals

Sunday 11 July
Final

That's quite spooky. There were 11 of my family due to fly to Alicante for a week in a villa this Friday, and England were due to play Play-off winner C. Instead of losing the villa, we just booked it for the same week next year, and we fly out on Friday June 18th: England v Play-off winner C

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That's quite spooky. There were 11 of my family due to fly to Alicante for a week in a villa this Friday, and England were due to play Play-off winner C. Instead of losing the villa, we just booked it for the same week next year, and we fly out on Friday June 18th: England v Play-off winner C

They've just moved all the fuxtures by one year minus a day, haven't they? Was always the likely scenario, to keep schedule on exactly the same days of the week.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They've just moved all the fuxtures by one year minus a day, haven't they? Was always the likely scenario, to keep schedule on exactly the same days of the week.

Certainly looks that way yeah, and guess it does make sense.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I wonder what we will end up with for Euro 2021 (which they insist on Referring to as Euro 2020).

Some news stories about Glastonbury yesterday -I think there is zero chance of that happening in June with Covid around. Just because of the way it operates and the amount of spread which would occur. Can’t see any festivals or big gigs happening until 2022 - anyone buying tickets for these events are brave / optimistic.

I’m not convinced we will have full stadiums and fans travelling all over Europe in June. A good indicator would be whether we get to full stadiums in the Prem by the end of the season- can’t see that happening, and whether we get freedom to travel on holidays without tests needed etc. Not sure about that either.

Sorry if this sounds negative- I’m more curious than anything. If they end up playing the entire tournament with no fans or just a few thousand it will be the lamest of all time.

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I wonder what we will end up with for Euro 2021 (which they insist on Referring to as Euro 2020).

Some news stories about Glastonbury yesterday -I think there is zero chance of that happening in June with Covid around. Just because of the way it operates and the amount of spread which would occur. Can’t see any festivals or big gigs happening until 2022 - anyone buying tickets for these events are brave / optimistic.

I’m not convinced we will have full stadiums and fans travelling all over Europe in June. A good indicator would be whether we get to full stadiums in the Prem by the end of the season- can’t see that happening, and whether we get freedom to travel on holidays without tests needed etc. Not sure about that either.

Sorry if this sounds negative- I’m more curious than anything. If they end up playing the entire tournament with no fans or just a few thousand it will be the lamest of all time.

I agree with you! If half the population isn't getting vaccine till 2022 (and a lot of those younger ones would be going to lots of the big events next year) then I cant see how stadia can be anywhere near full till 2022. That's for all football, then you have the fans travelling throughout Europe factor to add for Euros!! Could see a bar on away fans.

I've got a Glastonbury ticket so praying they hold tickets over for a second year.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I agree, in fact I'd be surprised if stadia were anywhere near full. Vaccinations across the continent will be a lot slower, with potentially different strains of the virus operating too can't see thousands of football fans travelling across the continent. I imagine foreign supporters will be banned and with strict social distancing still in place max audiences of approx 25% capacity and face masks mandatory.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is no reason a single country won't host the Euros in my opinion. No way will the spread over Europe format happen

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think Euro 2020 is most likely to be fan-less, sadly. If so, doesn't make sense to have it spread across Europe.

I doubt Glastonbury will be on (and I have a ticket). Tough to organise at short notice, and massive insurance issues too.

(I do wonder if an outside event is really that risky though. No local spikes after packed beaches and protests in summer, afaik?)

Interesting to see that promoters of big gigs (eg Hyde Park) are pressing on with plans for the summer. Guess they'e desperate.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Can't say I can see it being hosted all over Europe, I've got tickets for Green Man Festival at the end of August so hoping that just about makes it, but as for a few Ally Pally gigs at the end of may, I'd be shocked if those go ahead.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
UEFA keen to press on with plans for 12 city pan Europe Euro tournament

Absolute madness that UEFA are still pressing on with plans for this tournament across Europe They should really be hosting it in one country and preferably one city, behind closed doors and in a sterile, covid secure bubble much like the recent cricket tours.

That's the only way I can see the tournament going ahead.

There's just too much variance with infection levels and vaccination rates around Europe.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
UEFA keen to press on with plans for 12 city pan Europe Euro tournament

Absolute madness that UEFA are still pressing on with plans for this tournament across Europe They should really be hosting it in one country and preferably one city, behind closed doors and in a sterile, covid secure bubble much like the recent cricket tours.

Could host the whole tournament in London. Wembley, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, QPR, Brentford, Fulham, Charlton, Millwall and Barnet could all be used without having to travel either too far or to Croydon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here