Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Positivity Surrounding PL Players

There has been a lot of positivity surrounding quite a few Premier League players of note recently. It'd be nice to see one of ours within the article, however, they have done their bit and the club and been excellent throughout this whole crisis.

The article below highlight's those who have excelled with their contributions throughout and it marks a nice change from the usual stereotype that the PL footballers seem to be labelled with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-53070631

Do you think this is a genuine incentive from the players to help the most vulnerable? Or is it just a marketing ploy to make themselves look good to the outside world of the PL bubble?

I genuinely think it's the former, but it'll be interesting to hear other peoples views.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There has been a lot of positivity surrounding quite a few Premier League players of note recently. It'd be nice to see one of ours within the article, however, they have done their bit and the club and been excellent throughout this whole crisis.

The article below highlight's those who have excelled with their contributions throughout and it marks a nice change from the usual stereotype that the PL footballers seem to be labelled with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-53070631

Do you think this is a genuine incentive from the players to help the most vulnerable? Or is it just a marketing ploy to make themselves look good to the outside world of the PL bubble?

I genuinely think it's the former, but it'll be interesting to hear other peoples views.

I'll pass thank you, as I'm unsure what to say.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
tenor.gif

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

No real evidence to suggest that the vast majority of footballers aren't nice people. I'm sure it is simply that they are aware of their position of influence and want to do the right thing.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think there's always a PR element, but footballers have been doing good things in their communities for a long time, but it a) doesn't get noticed and b) isn't the story people want to tell. "Footballer A in Storm Y" is much more of a rag-seller.

Take Ozil, in this article as one of the good guys (rightly) but torn to shred when he declined to donate his wages until he knew where they were going.

Whether it's PR or not, it's doing good work and it's the outcome that matters at the moment.

No real evidence to suggest that the vast majority of footballers aren't nice people. I'm sure it is simply that they are aware of their position of influence and want to do the right thing.

Yeah, I'm sure you are right. The press love a negative story though, so they are often looks at without much respect from those outside of football.

I think there's always a PR element, but footballers have been doing good things in their communities for a long time, but it a) doesn't get noticed and b) isn't the story people want to tell. "Footballer A in Storm Y" is much more of a rag-seller.

Take Ozil, in this article as one of the good guys (rightly) but torn to shred when he declined to donate his wages until he knew where they were going.

Whether it's PR or not, it's doing good work and it's the outcome that matters at the moment.

Yes, I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here