Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] odds on the season being played out in full...??

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i really doubt it will be completed to be fair , they are bound to feck it up somehow......i'd give 7/4 at best , no faith whatsoever.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Are you actually offering those odds? Because you'd probably have a number of takers, including me.

Given the economics of not getting it finished, I'd say it's highly probable that they will find a way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5/1 on the PL season being curtailed, imho.

The organisation, the testing of players and staff, appears to have been exemplary, money no object (as we’d expect).

One or two players per club testing positive in random weeks won’t bring it down, they’ll simply go into quarantine, large squads will cover that.

But I wonder if the Championship can meet the same standards?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They will finish the season regardless of anything now - just 6 weeks to get it all done.

Whether next season starts on Sept 12th as planned is another question for a later date.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

The organisation, the testing of players and staff, appears to have been exemplary, money no object (as we’d expect).

One or two players per club testing positive in random weeks won’t bring it down, they’ll simply go into quarantine, large squads will cover that.

And that's the big one.

Should the PL manage to complete all fixtures but the Championship not, then there's going to be a HUGE can of worms opened.

Relegation / promotion when a season hasn't been completed will end up in court. Likewise, the COE will kick off if they don't get promoted should they finish top two with a few games not played.

It will get very messy that's for sure.

I still can't see how logically you can relegate / promote any team that hasn't completed all it's fixtures. Legally, I have no idea.........

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It’s going to be finished for sure

I can’t see anything being locked down again, we as a nation can’t afford it, that includes football

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It will be completed without any doubt. I would say even a huge spike in infections won't stop it. The only way it might be delayed further is if several players from 1 team get infected.

Do you think any club would submit false information about numbers of infected players to avoid relegation? Or is it monitored to perfection?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Do you think any club would submit false information about numbers of infected players to avoid relegation? Or is it monitored to perfection?
Well there has always been crooks in football, but no club with a normal person in charge would do that.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It'll be finished regardless of the situation.

I am fully expecting a stricter, second lockdown, but I think we have all seen that the economic incentives provided by the TV companies will leave football untouched.

I think next season is going to be less secure and if the TV companies start to get cranky regarding the money they've agreed on we'll see a swift movement to the OTT platform that is so clearly coming in the future.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

How do we know you're not Leeds/Liverpool? (Sarcasm obviously)

Yoda

English & European
How many players from one squad would have to go down to cancel

Well, it will only take one for that team to have to postpone two weeks worth of games (up to 4 fixtures). This will in-turn cause disruption to the rest of the fixtures as the final games will need to be played at the same time.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

Didn't the Stoke manager test positive a few days ago? Everyone just shrugged their shoulders and carried on while he isolated at home.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Well, it will only take one for that team to have to postpone two weeks worth of games (up to 4 fixtures). This will in-turn cause disruption to the rest of the fixtures as the final games will need to be played at the same time.

Not true.

Anyone who comes into the government defined close contact (within 2 metres) for more than 15 minutes will have to isolate as per the track and trace advice. Players are travelling on several coaches to ensure distancing, where changing rooms don't allow they will use more than one training area, they are permitted a team talk together for no more than 15 minutes and they are wearing GPS trackers on the pitch to define who, if any, have fallen into this proximity and time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I am fully expecting a stricter, second lockdown, but I think we have all seen that the economic incentives provided by the TV companies will leave football untouched. You really expect a 2nd stricter lockdown?.

I've worked out who you were trying to quote. But this post, along with the user name, made me think that we'd been infiltrated by the Palace manager for a second. Mumbling and arguing with himself. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here