Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darren Freeman podcast/Football, the Albion and Me

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Hi all,

This week's Football, the Albion and Me podcast is with Darren Freeman, who was in really good form. He talks about his joy of playing for his home-town club, how a pub team referee saved his professional career before it even started, and discusses mental health and the impact of his early retirement due to injury..

All ways to listen via this link: https://linktr.ee/footballalbionme - and please do share: https://twitter.com/FootyAlbionMe/status/1273158210040594432

Enjoy.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Google first goal of the millennium and google lists first Premier League goal of the millennium tut, tut.

Remember him fondly for that goal and the hatrick in the first Withdean game. Perfect memories for him, being a local lad too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember the chant we had for him when we were playing out 'home' games as P'filled, too, sadly.

Just as the penicillin worked (for a while) on Stevie Coppell....all that resolved itself when we singed him.

Was it Scars and Stripes that had that great cover with Freeman morphed with one of the Star Wars characters?

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Google first goal of the millennium and google lists first Premier League goal of the millennium tut, tut.

Remember him fondly for that goal and the hatrick in the first Withdean game. Perfect memories for him, being a local lad too.

Lots on that in the podcast - think his thoughts on footballers and mental health especially interesting...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Was it Scars and Stripes that had that great cover with Freeman morphed with one of the Star Wars characters?

IMG_8665.jpg

Your contribution to this issue is about how much of a disaster it would be if we lost Gary Hart. Just shows you how far we've come doesn't it

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
View attachment 124998

Your contribution to this issue is about how much of a disaster it would be if we lost Gary Hart. Just shows you how far we've come doesn't it

Ha ha! Top work. Yours, I mean, for digging that out.

I loved Gary Hart. Remember the 'Oh Gary Hart' challenge we did on the Mailing List? The club got me singed programmes for the winner. One year I can recall that the winner won by picking no goals (OHG got about 4 that season, and some people had gone for more than 30). I won't say who the winner was because he's a regular NSC poster and I'm not sure I shipped him the singed programme :whistle: :thumbsup:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ha ha! Top work. Yours, I mean, for digging that out.

I was having a clear out a few weeks back during lockdown boredom and found a load of old programmes and fanzines. Chucked most of the programmes but kept the fanzines and they were sitting on the shelf next to me in my office.

Have a few copies of On the Up which I think was around for only one season.

I loved Gary Hart. Remember the 'Oh Gary Hart' challenge we did on the Mailing List?

Now you mention it it rings a very vague bell.

The club got me singed programmes for the winner. One year I can recall that the winner won by picking no goals (OHG got about 4 that season, and some people had gone for more than 30). I won't say who the winner was because he's a regular NSC poster and I'm not sure I shipped him the singed programme :whistle: :thumbsup:

Crikey, did OGH score more than 30 goals in his entire professional career?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was having a clear out a few weeks back during lockdown boredom and found a load of old programmes and fanzines. Chucked most of the programmes but kept the fanzines and they were sitting on the shelf next to me in my office.

Have a few copies of On the Up which I think was around for only one season.

Now you mention it it rings a very vague bell.

Crikey, did OGH score more than 30 goals in his entire professional career?

45 for us in 373 games over 13 years. He also scored the first competitive goal at the Amex (in the Sussex senior cup final) in his final Albion game.

Wikipedia is my friend :lolol: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here