Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Saturday the first ‘behind closed doors’ Albion game since Mansfield 1996.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No boycott this time though, and unfortunately we won’t be breaking into the ground just before half time.

Many other boycotters still posting on NSC?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The OP (Ian) led the charge across the pitch at half time from the East Terrace into the West Stand, you possibly had a megaphone in hand, memory isn't what it was. Massive respect to the Mansfield fans who travelled down and stood outside in solidarity with us, a million miles removed from the concept of a football fan that is a Liverpool fan sat on an armchair in Surrey with Sky Sports, legends every one those fans. We equalised second half to make it 1-1 I believe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still post. I ended up sitting in the south stand that day as I’d never ever watched a game from that part of the ground before and wanted to complete my set of stands before the ground went.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
A day fizzing with tension and anticipation packed into Goldstone Lane behind the Chicken Run waiting for a gate to be opened. Didn’t want to be on the outside but could see the bigger picture that only direct action would disrupt the malevolent forces ruining our club and the compliant authorities letting it happen.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I was only 14, me and a mate climbed up a wall behind the West Stand at the north end so we could see the North penalty area. There were a few others on the ground, when we saw people climbing over the wall of the chicken run everyone bolted up old shoreham road, I've never jumped from a height so quickly!
Half time I went and had a chat with the away fans who were great, then 2nd half from the directors box! Crazy days, will never happen again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I worked in Australia from September to December that year *. [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] boycotted on my behalf.

(* - on the day I left I saw us beat Scarborough and on the day I returned we beat Hull 3-0. In over three months in between we didn't win a single home fixture.)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The OP (Ian) led the charge across the pitch at half time from the East Terrace into the West Stand, you possibly had a megaphone in hand, memory isn't what it was. Massive respect to the Mansfield fans who travelled down and stood outside in solidarity with us, a million miles removed from the concept of a football fan that is a Liverpool fan sat on an armchair in Surrey with Sky Sports, legends every one those fans. We equalised second half to make it 1-1 I believe.

Re the pitch invasion the only person who got banned because of it was 'Little Nigel Erskine' who had the megaphone.

Not PC Beard's finest hour at the next game when Nige was selling Gulls Eye, Beardo came up to him all pally and said could he pop to the Police box at the back of the North and he had something for him, I went up there with Nige and they slapped a six month ban on him there and then, even though there was at least 500 other fans on that pitch at half time.

Classic Bellotti and classic Sussex Police, Nige was an easy target, and there was no way he could have got back in before the end of the ban being under 5 foot and looking like a pre surgery Barry Manilow, thankfully the ban ran out before the end of the season.

Sgt Terry Hill, a decent copper, told us as far back as September 1995 that Bellotti was advised by his head of security John Back, not to ban Peter Kennard and I from the ground because, quote, "At least with them sat in the West Stand you know where they are on a match day"

As the Rattler says the best of times, the worst of times.

Jul 7, 2003
I had a season ticket for the North but stayed at home that day and listened on the radio.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went onto the East Terrace when someone climbed in and opened the gate, I saw someone just after with blood on his head, think he climbed over the wall and fell, someone pointed out the gate was open. :rolleyes:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I went onto the East Terrace when someone climbed in and opened the gate, I saw someone just after with blood on his head, think he climbed over the wall and fell, someone pointed out the gate was open. :rolleyes:

I forgot about that, he hit the deck, but rose like the Undertaker, covered in claret. (had the look of a young Phil Mitchell)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I forgot about that, he hit the deck, but rose like the Undertaker, covered in claret. (had the look of a young Phil Mitchell)

I'm not sure if he fell through the toilet roof or fell off the wall, I just remember seeing him appear covered in blood.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

90% of English football supporters look like Phil Mitchell.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was unable to attend the boycott as I had to work that day but I met up with a mate of mine who did boycott the game later that evening. He was proudly showing off some battle scars where he fell through the roof of the east terrace toilets when breaking into the ground so is possibly the guy everyone is referring to above (although he wasn't and has never been a Phil Mitchell lookalike).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I was unable to attend the boycott as I had to work that day but I met up with a mate of mine who did boycott the game later that evening. He was proudly showing off some battle scars where he fell through the roof of the east terrace toilets when breaking into the ground so is possibly the guy everyone is referring to above (although he wasn't and has never been a Phil Mitchell lookalike).

Peggy?

It was emotional times, my memory has let me down on this occasion.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gave my season ticket away at the entrance to the north to those who couldn't be convinced to stay out. Through the open gate, half time in the away end then over to the west for the rest of the game. Weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here