Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

The Middle Ground

Nov 15, 2019
We can afford to feed all.

Well in that case, can I have some free stuff too? Food, mortgage, couple of beers maybe?

I lost my job last month, I still have to pay my mortgage and feed myself whilst hunting for a non existent vacancy. Being a single male I get virtually bugger all from the government whatever way I turn. But you want to give food and money to those who purposely targeted the UK as their end goal whilst passing through other equally affluent economies. Kids on free school meals during term time are no doubt part of low income families who are already supported by the state, but the do gooders want more.

As for Rashford and the like, I am with the Tory MP calling them out for virtue signalling.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Words fail me, and many others I would think tonight,after this shameful vote. How can we ever call ourselves a " society " if we can't even feed our children, how can these MP's that exist on cheap and subsidised or expenses paid meals and drinks vote the way they did. What have we become ?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Words fail me, and many others I would think tonight,after this shameful vote. How can we ever call ourselves a " society " if we can't even feed our children, how can these MP's that exist on cheap and subsidised or expenses paid meals and drinks vote the way they did. What have we become ?

It's fine.

As one Conservative says, "children have always gone hungry."

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Because, as Mouldy has thankfully demonstrated, the public can be manipulated into believing anything and in turn, control how they vote. There is a common held belief that the country is poor and there's never enough money, usually perpetuated by the billionaire owned media. Lest we forget this is the same government who voted to stop Nurses getting a pay increase. Tories will always be the party of wide wealth gap with the country's wealth hoarded among the rich while millions live in poverty, tonight is further proof, and as long as their lemming supporters continue to support policies that make them poorer that will never change

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[TWEET]1318860839437406209[/TWEET]

Freebies. Can't have those kids becoming dependent on food for the rest of their lives, can we?

Yet well off people could claim £10 for a meal throughout August for a meal in a pub or restaurant.

Not to mention the Tories £12billion bunged to their mates for track & trace which has been binned, or paying a ferry firm last year with no ferries. There’s plenty of money when they want to spend it, but God forbid we feed children during school holidays in case we make them lazy dole scrounges for life.
:rant::rant::rant:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's really quite depressing how some people just oppose decency out of principal and misplaced Tory loyalty;
Refugees - **** 'em
Cities asking for help during T3 lockdown - **** em
Feeding poor children - **** 'em

The same people whining that we give too much foreign aid and too much spent on refugees when we have poverty in the UK are applauding the government for voting down feeding British kids and getting annoyed because Manchester are being given money. Honest to bloody goodness, will you not sort ya fecking selves out. Boris Johnson has you eating out of his hand.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Well in that case, can I have some free stuff too? Food, mortgage, couple of beers maybe?

I lost my job last month, I still have to pay my mortgage and feed myself whilst hunting for a non existent vacancy. Being a single male I get virtually bugger all from the government whatever way I turn. But you want to give food and money to those who purposely targeted the UK as their end goal whilst passing through other equally affluent economies. Kids on free school meals during term time are no doubt part of low income families who are already supported by the state, but the do gooders want more.

As for Rashford and the like, I am with the Tory MP calling them out for virtue signalling.

so in a nutshell, lost job, big mortgage, no government support, blames foreigners / others worse off, but still support Tories

divide and rule

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you are from Manchester, we ignore you...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 49

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yet well off people could claim £10 for a meal throughout August for a meal in a pub or restaurant.

Not to mention the Tories £12billion bunged to their mates for track & trace which has been binned, or paying a ferry firm last year with no ferries. There’s plenty of money when they want to spend it, but God forbid we feed children during school holidays in case we make them lazy dole scrounges for life.
:rant::rant::rant:

We all know that was just a bribe to enable their stealth herd immunity policy.

Jan 30, 2008
Oh dear seems like a few right ons have been triggered ,Burnham and rashford can go and get ****ed imho playing political games don't wash anymore
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here