Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Will this be the next Government u- turn?

If it isn’t, it should be.

View attachment 124992
This is indeed disgraceful as is the additional fact that NHS trusts have now been told they are responsible for funding the students pay even though they did not ask for the students to be deployed.

There is just one point I dont understand in the quote. How can any of them have had other jobs? As far as I know student nurses are full time either in college or practical training on wards etc.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Matt Hancock announcing that the NHS has approved the use of Dexamethasone, even though it has been around since 1958, and approved in the NHS since 1961.

Their contempt for the public has no boundaries.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s a free country and you can do as you please. Although I’d rather take advice from someone who has worked in ICU on a covid ward and in her words It was like WW3 at the height of the pandemic.

Likewise ....I’m taking advice from people on a similar level...and I was talking about now not then

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Defending the indefensible. Boris wants an Air Force One. You know it, I know it.

I don’t think the RAF would use a plane with a union paint job but I defer to your experience on that point.

I certainly haven't protected Boris and am not a supporter in any sense. I'm up for a reasoned debate but there's too much shit being spoken and written currently which actually detracts from the real issues. This is story is an irrelevance, it is costed, and many would say a country this wealthy should have transport for its top officials including the head of state.

I was an aircraft engineer for BCal and BA but have worked on military contracts such as the RAF and the American Airforce KC10 refuellers during the first Gulf War. I also worked on aircraft that were converted for royal use, particularly the one used for Charles and Diana on their honeymoon.

Changing the colour scheme on aircraft isn't uncommon, during in Gulf Wars the aircraft were all painted, however as soon as the airport was safe charter aircraft from a number of companies were used and they would have been any colour known to man.

I doubt very much the plane in question is used or indeed needed to be used as a refueller during normal operations but has the capacity to be used. Think of it as a road gritter, sits there for 11 months of the year but when needed hopefully works! Using it for another purpose could arguably be getting better use of assets.

Keep bringing up anything to bash the government is as inane as those saying Corbyn is a commie, racist or just a deluded old man and it would have been worse if he was in PM. It deflects from the real issues. One reason why I've stopped in the main from posting on these threads as it's the same crap being posted by the same people.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I certainly haven't protected Boris and am not a supporter in any sense. I'm up for a reasoned debate but there's too much shit being spoken and written currently which actually detracts from the real issues. This is story is an irrelevance, it is costed, and many would say a country this wealthy should have transport for its top officials including the head of state.

I was an aircraft engineer for BCal and BA but have worked on military contracts such as the RAF and the American Airforce KC10 refuellers during the first Gulf War. I also worked on aircraft that were converted for royal use, particularly the one used for Charles and Diana on their honeymoon.

Changing the colour scheme on aircraft isn't uncommon, during in Gulf Wars the aircraft were all painted, however as soon as the airport was safe charter aircraft from a number of companies were used and they would have been any colour known to man.

I doubt very much the plane in question is used or indeed needed to be used as a refueller during normal operations but has the capacity to be used. Think of it as a road gritter, sits there for 11 months of the year but when needed hopefully works! Using it for another purpose could arguably be getting better use of assets.

Keep bringing up anything to bash the government is as inane as those saying Corbyn is a commie, racist or just a deluded old man and it would have been worse if he was in PM. It deflects from the real issues. One reason why I've stopped in the main from posting on these threads as it's the same crap being posted by the same people.

:thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Off the top of my head; just a few days ago the government announced tariff schedules for January. The only agriculture allocation of tariff free quota for the whole schedule is for cane sugar. The sponsor of the Tory Party conference in 2018 plus a major donor to the party is....Tate and Lyle. Basically a straightforward subsidy to Tate and Lyle. Tate and Lyle were also major supporters of Brexit. Join the dots and all that.....

I've just watched the excellent 2-part documentary 'Britain's Lost Slave Owners' about the importance of sugar cane in the growth of the slave numbers. Tate and Lyle did very well off the back of assets established before slavery was abolished in the UK and her dominions.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Matt Hancock announcing that the NHS has approved the use of Dexamethasone, even though it has been around since 1958, and approved in the NHS since 1961.

drugs have to be approved for use as a therapy for a particular condition, even if they've been around. see also hydroxychloroquine not being approved.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Don't they have to test it first, that it works for the better in this instance and doesn't make things worse and all that?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Rather than your qualifications (which, I'm sure, are very nice), what qualifies Corbyn as a communist?

I am prepared to accept he qualifies as a useless idiot.
And he also qualifies as 'irrelevant now; like Neil Kinnock he is a former leader of the labour party'.
But . . . .well......over to you.

This thread, incidentally, has been brilliantly derailed by the whataboutery of 'tory wankers'. We communists bite far too easily, it seems. :shrug:.

I have no idea how to reply to separate quotes so will give it a go here:

My reply was in response to a post about qualifications understanding politics and Corbyn. I also tried to keep it on track by posting about the current government.

Corbyn's chief advisers came from the CPB - who decided not to run candidates against him. All have written for The Morning Star a communist newspaper. Praising North Korea and defending East Germany
His Chancellor in waiting described himself as a Marxist.
His Shadow Home Secretary said Mao did 'more harm than good'
Corbyn had close connections with the USSR party machine
Under his leadership the Labour Party called for private education to be criminalised
He supported the appropriation of private wealth to be confiscated and used for the 'common good'
Supported 'People's Quantitative Easing' - an economically illiterate policy that would have dramatically increased risk and was prohibited under EU law.
A Labour Government would have compelled private companies to redistribute £300 bn. worth of shares
At the election he promised Broadband Communism
Called for NATO to be disbanded
Described the father of Communism as a 'great economist'
Constantly sided with USSR / Russia on his world view.
Claimed the Kosovan genocide never happened, in agreement with many Communist sympathisers.
Supported that any money generated above a £500 annual dividend would end up in the pockets of the Labour government, making it a massive stealth tax

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've just watched the excellent 2-part documentary 'Britain's Lost Slave Owners' about the importance of sugar cane in the growth of the slave numbers. Tate and Lyle did very well off the back of assets established before slavery was abolished in the UK and her dominions.

Boycott Tate & Lyle

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The closest Clamp has come to serving its country was the threat of it leaving.

As always it doesn’t know what it’s talking about, don’t engage with no marks like him, I’d say put him on ignore but it has at least five different accounts [emoji23]

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

I take your point entirely (whole post), the problem for me is more one of how out of touch they really are - Is this really a good time to get a nice new paint job on a jet? It may well be something that was already commissioned but certainly could have been postponed. Rightly or wrongly, many will see at as a cynical move, a deflection one may say - One which you have alluded to. See moving DFID in to the FCO.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

It needs to be approved for this rather new virus that has popped up, I’d normally expect better research from you before spouting off.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It needs to be approved for this rather new virus that has popped up, I’d normally expect better research from you before spouting off.

It’s been used for respiratory disease for years. It is approved for treating respiratory disease, it didn’t need approving.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I take your point entirely (whole post), the problem for me is more one of how out of touch they really are - Is this really a good time to get a nice new paint job on a jet? It may well be something that was already commissioned but certainly could have been postponed. Rightly or wrongly, many will see at as a cynical move, a deflection one may say - One which you have alluded to. See moving DFID in to the FCO.

It is, apparently, in for a "D" check, which normally requires the paint to be removed on certain areas to check for integrity of the structure and airworthyness and so is completely usual for it to be completely resprayed post check. This applies to all aircraft and typically will be done every 4 years. It was already converted for use (one suspects not only reconfig of the interior but also certain security measures) and as far as the servicing goes, it HAS to be maintained to a maintenance schedule, normally based on flying hours but also time limited (either or). Therefore this is routine, the same for any aircraft flying. It really is a complete non story.

It will be a real issue for all the airlines, as the business starts up again the mothballed aircraft, which will be having checks done each week, will need to be serviced prior to them being used, along with loads of airlines never flying again there will be plenty of aircraft, normally mortgaged, sitting on airfields all around the globe.

Edit: Should also add being it is a military aircraft it needs to maintenance compliant at all times in case it is required for operations.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here