Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

D

Deleted member 22389

Many people are just happy to be returning to some sort of normality, thankful the government stepped up to help out businesses and cover peoples wages when it really mattered. I really don't know what more the government can do considering the circumstances.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Many people are just happy to be returning to some sort of normality, thankful the government stepped up to help out businesses and cover peoples wages when it really mattered. I really don't know what more the government can do considering the circumstances.

Perhaps the relatives of the tens of thousands of the dead who arguably died as a result of the government messing up with care homes and hesitating to put the country into lockdown, who won’t be returning to normality would be the ones to ask what more the government could have done?

Perhaps ask the families of the dead NHS workers who had no PPE because the government refused help procuring the equipment, instead giving the contracts to private companies who couldn’t deliver?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Perhaps the relatives of the tens of thousands of the dead who arguably died as a result of the government messing up with care homes and hesitating to put the country into lockdown, who won’t be returning to normality would be the ones to ask what more the government could have done?

Perhaps ask the families of the dead NHS workers who had no PPE because the government refused help procuring the equipment, instead giving the contracts to private companies who couldn’t deliver?

I thought the thread was about how well the government are doing now, that's all.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It’s a free country and you can do as you please. Although I’d rather take advice from someone who has worked in ICU on a covid ward and in her words It was like WW3 at the height of the pandemic.

I’ve no reason to doubt you, where was this? One of my customers who works at RSCH in the Kemp Tower said their Covid facilities were never more than 60% used and in some cases returned some of the seconded teams back to their original unit’s.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't unsee this now - although 'Gina' Williamson is strangely attractive

[tweet]1272978310058905601[/tweet]

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
If you genuinely think Corbyn was/ is a communist then you clearly know nothing about politics.

Corbyn is a communist.

My Political CV

I have a MA Degree in politics from one of the top 5 PAIS Universities in the world.
I have run for elected office twice and won both times.

I also agree that Boris isn’t PM material atm. He won’t be in charge by the next election.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corbyn is a communist.

My Political CV

I have a MA Degree in politics from one of the top 5 PAIS Universities in the world.

I also agree that Boris isn’t PM material atm. He won’t be in charge by the next election.

Rather than your qualifications (which, I'm sure, are very nice), what qualifies Corbyn as a communist?

I am prepared to accept he qualifies as a useless idiot.
And he also qualifies as 'irrelevant now; like Neil Kinnock he is a former leader of the labour party'.
But . . . .well......over to you.

This thread, incidentally, has been brilliantly derailed by the whataboutery of 'tory wankers'. We communists bite far too easily, it seems. :shrug:.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

That was the easy bit though.

Chuck money at people and scare the shit out of everyone telling them not to go out. With obvious exceptions, it was easy to look good in this scenario.

Much harder now. Taking money off people and encouraging them to go out, whilst at the same time coming out with a load of muddled nonsense about what you can and cannot do.

This will be the real test - and they are failing miserably at the moment imho

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A Tory could go around shooting people in the knees, as a policy and the dicks would still go “At least it’s no Corbyn” the thick duckers”

There you go again. Another one talking the country down.

Do I need to signal that I'm being ironic somehow? Which emoji? Oh well. I'll wait and see if any of the goons give this or my other post a thrumbsup.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Corbyn is a communist.

My Political CV

If you have qualifications as you say (and I have no reason to doubt you) you should know that evidence is required to make statements about Corbyn or anyone else and also provide a definition of what your definition of communist is. It would also be relevant for you to explain where you sit in the political spectrum to judge any bias.

So you are aware of my position I sit in the comfort of the Starmer section of labour for now.

I hope you are not using communist as a smear just as I deplore the use of facist as a smear in the other direction.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Corbyn is a communist.

My Political CV

Hmmm

communism.
NOUN
a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs

Corbyn ran his election campaign on all property being owned by the community? Where was your degree from did you say?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

They had time to prepare and did **** all. When this country locked down and declared a state of emergency, along with other European countries, the British governments advice to the country was, 'wash your hands, and let the Cheltenham Racing festival and a Euro football match in Liverpool go ahead. They could have done MUCH more.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Corbyn is a communist.

My Political CV

You are Michael Gove, and I claim my £5.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Will this be the next Government u- turn?

If it isn’t, it should be.

D22EFCEB-41BA-4439-9384-215E1842618D.png

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They had time to prepare and did **** all. When this country locked down and declared a state of emergency, along with other European countries, the British governments advice to the country was, 'wash your hands, and let the Cheltenham Racing festival and a Euro football match in Liverpool go ahead. They could have done MUCH more.

I wholeheartedly agree that much more could, and should have been done, however the constant lazy reference to Cheltenham and a football match in Liverpool pales into insignificance compared to the 5 million London Underground Journeys made in the same week - a week when the London Major cut back on the number of tubes running and Tube stations opening.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I wholeheartedly agree that much more could, and should have been done, however the constant lazy reference to Cheltenham and a football match in Liverpool pales into insignificance compared to the 5 million London Underground Journeys made in the same week - a week when the London Major cut back on the number of tubes running and Tube stations opening.

When the lockdown started here, you could only use metro & other public transport with your face covered, backed up by hefty fines for non-compliance. Transport was also sprayed with disinfectants and drivers were separated from passengers by some distance. I think the UK was more worried about the economics rather than public safety. Were face coverings enforced on the tube? I genuinely dont know. If not, well words fail me.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
HTML:
When the lockdown started here, you could only use metro & other public transport with your face covered, backed up by hefty fines for non-compliance. Pretty much the same as other countries. Were face coverings enforced on the tube? I genuinely dont know. If not, well words fail me.

Yes, masks are now compulsory.

As of Monday, 15th June.:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here