Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
[tweet]1458939155807932419[/tweet]
So that's two Tory scandals in a week.

But, but "A GREEN POLITICIAN TOOK AN AEROPLANE!!!" (c) [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION]

I think this is a measure of where we are at with this government.

People now expect the tories to be sleazy and it's so common it's scarcely newsworthy, but it is a real shock when a Green politician does something which is clearly against the Green agenda.

The Tory press and supporters are desperate to claim that all politicians are equally bad; they are not, but it is almost the only stance they have left now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1459204953830998018[/tweet]

franks brother

polls.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Of course it's just a snapshot of a shifting situation but this may just remind the tribal tories on here who persistently weaponise government-friendly polls that people can change their minds and their triumphalism is misplaced......

The Mail is all over this.

20c87f517263e8f0d5be0a0677750ddd.png

With that mad right wing rag against you, I wonder how much longer the rest of the right wing media will stand by their man.

I remember when the Sun turned Blair. I think it would be a barometer moment if they switched to Labour and Starmer. They have their fingers on the pulse of millions of the weakest minded people in this country, whom tend to change opinion like a flock of birds taking to the air after just one has flapped. Johnson’s career is over as soon as the Sun turns. The good thing is, Tories won’t be able to shift him prior to the next election when he’ll hopefully fly kamikaze into the sort of defeat Blair used to inflict on the Tories.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The Mail is all over this.

20c87f517263e8f0d5be0a0677750ddd.png

With that mad right wing rag against you, I wonder how much longer the rest of the right wing media will stand by their man.

I remember when the Sun turned Blair. I think it would a barometer moment if they switched to Labour and Starmer. They have their fingers on the pulse of millions of the weakest minded people in this country, they tend to change opinion like a flock of birds taking to the air. Johnson’s career is over as soon as the Sun turns. The good thing is, Tories won’t be able to shift him prior to the next election as he’ll hopefully fly kamikaze into a the sort of defeat Blair used to inflict on the Tories.

Good to read. Thanks.

We must be careful what we wish for... I really believe there are more mendacious tory politicians in government than 'wobbly trolley' Johnson and they have a very strong hold on the terminally right wing....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nothing will focus the minds of Tory MPs more than a Labour lead. Knives being sharpened, perhaps?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nothing will focus the minds of Tory MPs more than a Labour lead. Knives being sharpened, perhaps?

You can be found guilty of bullying, snogging ‘staff’ at work, taking cash for questions or even sexual harassment and Boris will 100% have your back if you are towing his line.

However, there is zero tolerance on disloyalty to the obese ****er. Any Tory raising their head above the parapet to challenge this **** of a PM is going to be dealt with the way Webbe was dealt with in the Labour Party - expulsion followed by profound pressure to resign their seat.

This is good if you want a change in Government, not so good if you are a Tory as there are about 355 of them better able to lead the Country and win the next election than the current incumbent.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
They're not finished with trying to rig the system, now they want to dismantle electoral commission next.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ory-move-to-weaken-power-of-election-watchdog

Its all about removing accountability and abusing the power of the executive.

We did see it a bit under Blair in the 90's, but noting like this

I wouldn't claim this as a universal truth, but I've often thought that in many spheres of life there's a threshold beyond which 'taking the piss' kicks in. I really think that this crowd, esp. Johnson, went through this barrier during the 'get Brexit done' period and have been in freefall ever since.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
F78D89A5-DD38-42B7-B40B-73CE334FE908.jpeg

Another election pledge broken. This government has voted to break the triple lock, this evening. After all, the more pensioners that die, the fewer pensions paid out, and more money for their corrupt pockets.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1460371544006447106[/tweet]

Chope is, for those paying attention, also the MP who tried to block the attempt to make upskirting illegal

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
View attachment 142181

Another election pledge broken. This government has voted to break the triple lock, this evening. After all, the more pensioners that die, the fewer pensions paid out, and more money for their corrupt pockets.
Quite right too. The government voted to suspend it for a year as the Pandemic distorted wage growth figures meaning pensioners would have possibly seen a whopping 8% increase.

There is already significant intergenerational inequality plus the whole country has sacrificed much, mainly to protect the elderly and vulnerable ... expecting everything to carry on as if we hadn't had a global pandemic seems a bit selfish.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite right too. The government voted to suspend it for a year as the Pandemic distorted wage growth figures meaning pensioners would have possibly seen a whopping 8% increase.

There is already significant intergenerational inequality plus the whole country has sacrificed much, mainly to protect the elderly and vulnerable ... expecting everything to carry on as if we hadn't had a global pandemic seems a bit selfish.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

How selfish of the old people who have survived the pandemic to want to have enough to live on, especially women, quite a few of whom didn’t get a chance to build up a pension. One woman I know had a state pension of just £11 a week when her husband died. 8% of that is very small.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here