Page 11 of 356 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 3558
  1. #101
    Members
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,321


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The frustrating thing is Labour finally have a leader with real stature and credibility, yet he'll have to wait until 2024 to get a shot at running the country.
    Well, he's obviously a huge improvement on Corbyn, but as yet, does anyone, Labour or Conservative voter have the first idea of what his policies might look like? Of course, it is very early days, but in due course , I look forward to hearing more from him and his Shadow Cabinet members.
    I have to say that ,as a Tory voter, the thought of him as PM doesn't frighten me like Corbyn did.
    PS.I wonder what the world will look like in 2024.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #102
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      7,800


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I certainly haven't protected Boris and am not a supporter in any sense. I'm up for a reasoned debate but there's too much shit being spoken and written currently which actually detracts from the real issues. This is story is an irrelevance, it is costed, and many would say a country this wealthy should have transport for its top officials including the head of state.

      I was an aircraft engineer for BCal and BA but have worked on military contracts such as the RAF and the American Airforce KC10 refuellers during the first Gulf War. I also worked on aircraft that were converted for royal use, particularly the one used for Charles and Diana on their honeymoon.

      Changing the colour scheme on aircraft isn't uncommon, during in Gulf Wars the aircraft were all painted, however as soon as the airport was safe charter aircraft from a number of companies were used and they would have been any colour known to man.

      I doubt very much the plane in question is used or indeed needed to be used as a refueller during normal operations but has the capacity to be used. Think of it as a road gritter, sits there for 11 months of the year but when needed hopefully works! Using it for another purpose could arguably be getting better use of assets.

      Keep bringing up anything to bash the government is as inane as those saying Corbyn is a commie, racist or just a deluded old man and it would have been worse if he was in PM. It deflects from the real issues. One reason why I've stopped in the main from posting on these threads as it's the same crap being posted by the same people.
      Much respect for you being an Aircraft Engineer, highly skilled job, and anyone else in Engineering out there.
      I remember in the 90's I applied for an apprenticeship with BA, Aircraft Engineer, you can imagine how many people applied for the job. I didn't stand a chance.
    • #103
      Annoying Troll Chicken Run's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      15,968


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjh View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I take your point entirely (whole post), the problem for me is more one of how out of touch they really are - Is this really a good time to get a nice new paint job on a jet? It may well be something that was already commissioned but certainly could have been postponed. Rightly or wrongly, many will see at as a cynical move, a deflection one may say - One which you have alluded to. See moving DFID in to the FCO.
      Agreed and a fair point we’ll made.
    • #104
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      13,494


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Much respect for you being an Aircraft Engineer, highly skilled job, and anyone else in Engineering out there.
      I remember in the 90's I applied for an apprenticeship with BA, Aircraft Engineer, you can imagine how many people applied for the job.
      Thanks, I left the industry a number of years ago to follow a passion, I'm now a quality manger for brewery,
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

      ARE YOU THICK? It's etc not ect FFS
    • #105

      1 Not allowed!
      This awful.

      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
    • #106

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Boris Bannon the buffoon has attracted swift condemnations from three out of the past four PMs (what's all the dither and delay about, Theresa May?) for his playing-to-the-gallery decision to merge DfID with the FO. Is this the low point? They couldn't plummet further, could they? Those two questions will have to await an answer but, for the moment, a slightly different question is posed in the poll, and an option has been offered just so we can be inclusive to the sycophants.
      More to the point, how awful is ANY government? We moan and whinge and whine about the current one and have done it for a lifetime. Boris is a Buffoon, May is a ditherer, Blair lied, etc., etc., etc. It just gives us something to moan about.
    • #107
      Annoying Troll Chicken Run's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      15,968


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lawros left foot View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Several medics on Twitter are saying it
      Oh well you should of said it’s been mentioned on Twitter
    • #108

      0 Not allowed!
      But are they doing better than a Labour government would be?
    • #109
      Annoying Troll Chicken Run's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      15,968


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are other ways beyond joining up, to serve your country, and its people.
      I’m actually aware of that thank you very much
    • #110
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      The arse end of Hangleton
      Posts
      19,501


      0 Not allowed!
      Maybe I'm struggling to understand the concept ?

      All governments have an amount of crapness about them.

      Johnson's - Shit
      May's - Doubly shit
      Cameron's ( 2nd stint ) - mildly shit
      Cameron's ( coalition ) - only just shit
      Brown's -very very shit
      Blair ( 3rd Term ) - very shit
      Blair ( 2nd Term ) very very very shit
      Blair ( 1st Term ) - OK
      Major - OK ish
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •