Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Continuing on the theme of dodgy contracts to mates. After Hancock, Gove has been found guilty this morning of breaking the law by awarding a contract without due diligence to people he is associated with. Its been a bad two days for Gove in the courts. Yesterday in an unrelated case, he was found guilty of unlawfully suppressing FOI requests without just cause. As he has been found guilty of breaking the law twice in two days, will Gove offer his resignation? In a normal government, it would be a matter of honour. As this is no normal government, it's most unlikely Gove will do the honourable thing.

[Tweet]1402560675059318785[/Tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Continuing on the theme of dodgy contracts to mates. After Hancock, Gove has been found guilty this morning of breaking the law by awarding a contract without due diligence to people he is associated with. Its been a bad two days for Gove in the courts. Yesterday in an unrelated case, he was found guilty of unlawfully suppressing FOI requests without just cause. As he has been found guilty of breaking the law twice in two days, will Gove offer his resignation? In a normal government, it would be a matter of honour. As this is no normal government, it's most unlikely Gove will do the honourable thing.

[Tweet]1402560675059318785[/Tweet]

a) No one will resign

b) Corrupt UK government will carry on as normal

c) The public apathy towards being fleeced will continue

#brokenbritain

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
using private jet is ironic and insensitive, and all attending will be doing the same. cant see Macron getting the train from Paris to Falmouth. probably missed opportunity to make a point.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
a) No one will resign

b) Corrupt UK government will carry on as normal

c) The public apathy towards being fleeced will continue

#brokenbritain

Yeah but 10 students in Oxford took down a picture of the Queen....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just as I thought. In constituencies with enough educated people, the Tories will be smashed. For every northern dimwit they attract with Brexit and anti-BLM and racist undertones, they are losing dozens of traditional educated Tory voters by being the most incompetent Government this Country has seen in decades and decades.

16,000 majority overturned, brilliant stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-57472032

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
hands up who didnt hear anything about the Chesham and Amersham by-election until this morning? v odd nothing about in the run-up. stonking flip for the Liberals.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
hands up who didnt hear anything about the Chesham and Amersham by-election until this morning? v odd nothing about in the run-up. stonking flip for the Liberals.

Just as we were losing all faith in the electorate and democracy was dying a death and heading for totalitarianism, the tories get a massive slap! There is hope !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I haven't seen any of the news this morning but I assume the airwaves are full of journalists in Chesham & Amersham vox-popping locals like crazy and discussing how this is bad news for the future of the Tory party and they need to do more to recapture the "blue wall" and those voters who they've lost touch with?

I mean, surely this is being treated exactly the same as Hartlepool, right?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I haven't seen any of the news this morning but I assume the airwaves are full of journalists in Chesham & Amersham vox-popping locals like crazy and discussing how this is bad news for the future of the Tory party and they need to do more to recapture the "blue wall" and those voters who they've lost touch with?

I mean, surely this is being treated exactly the same as Hartlepool, right?

It is weird the hartlepool by election was covered extensively by the media about a month before it happened when they knew the Tories would be taking it and kept at top of the news agenda yet in another by election where they got walloped not a dicky bird

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprise surprise ! John Bercow defects to Labour and gives a withering assessment of Johnson under the Tories....

John Bercow, the former Tory MP and Speaker of the House of Commons, today delivers an extraordinary broadside against Boris Johnson and the Conservative party as he announces he has switched his political allegiance to Labour.

In an explosive interview with the Observer, Bercow says he regards today’s Conservative party as “reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic”.

Bercow, who stepped down as Speaker in 2019 after 10 years, says he joined the Labour party a few weeks ago because he now shares its values and sees it is as the only means to removing the current Tory government from office.

“I am motivated by support for equality, social justice and internationalism. That is the Labour brand,” he said. “The conclusion I have reached is that this government needs to be replaced. The reality is that the Labour party is the only vehicle that can achieve that objective. There is no other credible option.”

Bercow says that despite Johnson’s professed commitment to “levelling up”, he has no interest in those less privileged than himself. He also describes as “utterly shameful” the decision to cut international aid.

‘‘He is a successful campaigner but a lousy governor,” he said. “I don’t think he has any vision of a more equitable society, any thirst for social mobility or any passion to better the lot of people less fortunate than he is. I think increasingly people are sick of lies, sick of empty slogans, sick of a failure to deliver.’’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/19/john-bercow-defects-to-labour-with-withering-attack-on-johnson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here