Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The current lot were mainly chosen on their position as pro-Brexit zealots. If they turned out to be even half-competent then that was just a bonus.

Saw Ken Clarke interviewed the other day. He came across as far more measured and downright WISE than any of the current crock of shit that passes as cabinet

Ken Clarke is a good bloke. Oh for someone so intelligent and measured in government right now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The current lot were mainly chosen on their position as pro-Brexit zealots. If they turned out to be even half-competent then that was just a bonus.

Saw Ken Clarke interviewed the other day. He came across as far more measured and downright WISE than any of the current crock of shit that passes as cabinet

I remember when the first lot of Brexiteers in the Brexit department resigned and new Brexit supporting appointees needed to be found. Dominic Raab was appointed SoS and Suella Braverman appointed as a junior minister for DExEU and I remember thinking 'Christ we really are scraping the Brexiteer barrel now'.

Those Barrel scrapings are now the Cabinet we have chosen to take us through Covid. Who could have guessed what would happen :shootself

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
For too many years we've been giving taxpayers money (which is really yours and mine) to strange causes. We send aid to India - except that they've got their own space programme. We've equiped all sorts of strange dictators with state of the art palaces and aeroplanes. Boris is right about the 'great cashpoint in the sky' - we're the mugs who pay for it all and for too long this nonsense has gone on. Sure we should send aid to people who need it - Zimbabwe and South Africa are good examples where British aid is helping - but there needs to be a careful look at who receives aid from the UK and who really needs it.

wasn't the aid to India a bribe to encourage them to buy hawk jets from BAe?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
8da2579d9542e9cde02f01b4633bbe74.jpg

Some gammon pin-ups!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hancock Rushi and Gove all day long [emoji23]

Raab and Sunak would be the ones I’d try my charms on first, both look absolutely lovely. Not sure who the centre bottom is but she’s my next fav.

The Vicky Pollard look-a-like would remain unattached at any reasonable school disco one would hope.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Raab and Sunak would be the ones I’d try my charms on first, both look absolutely lovely. Not sure who the centre bottom is but she’s my next fav.

The Vicky Pollard look-a-like would remain unattached at any reasonable school disco one would hope.

Yes Centre bottom is in my top 4 but I didn’t know who that was[emoji23]

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I personally have no problem with the current government probably marginally better than what we've had in recent times.

But, if you don't like this government, and you wish it wasn't so, and if you also were also in the "lets try to block Brexit", "it was advisory", "let's vote again" club, then you only have yourselves to blame. You did more to get this government elected than even the most effective conservative party activist.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I personally have no problem with the current government probably marginally better than what we've had in recent times.

But, if you don't like this government, and you wish it wasn't so, and if you also were also in the "lets try to block Brexit", "it was advisory", "let's vote again" club, then you only have yourselves to blame. You did more to get this government elected than even the most effective conservative party activist.

So as I didn't vote for this government or Brexit I am the entitled to say they are a shower of shit, who are just stumbling from one calamity to the next, one U-turn to the next, all the time with smug smiles on their faces!

Jan 30, 2008

To far up their own arses to see that , bless em
Regards
DF

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Boris Bannon the buffoon has attracted swift condemnations from three out of the past four PMs (what's all the dither and delay about, Theresa May?) for his playing-to-the-gallery decision to merge DfID with the FO. Is this the low point? They couldn't plummet further, could they? Those two questions will have to await an answer but, for the moment, a slightly different question is posed in the poll, and an option has been offered just so we can be inclusive to the sycophants.

Embarrassing beyond belief but its what the morons, bigots and racists voted for so this is what we are left with. The UK led by Boris and the US with Trump.....look at the state of it !!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have no idea how to reply to separate quotes so will give it a go here:

My reply was in response to a post about qualifications understanding politics and Corbyn. I also tried to keep it on track by posting about the current government.

Corbyn's chief advisers came from the CPB - who decided not to run candidates against him. All have written for The Morning Star a communist newspaper. Praising North Korea and defending East Germany
His Chancellor in waiting described himself as a Marxist.
His Shadow Home Secretary said Mao did 'more harm than good'
Corbyn had close connections with the USSR party machine
Under his leadership the Labour Party called for private education to be criminalised
He supported the appropriation of private wealth to be confiscated and used for the 'common good'
Supported 'People's Quantitative Easing' - an economically illiterate policy that would have dramatically increased risk and was prohibited under EU law.
A Labour Government would have compelled private companies to redistribute £300 bn. worth of shares
At the election he promised Broadband Communism
Called for NATO to be disbanded
Described the father of Communism as a 'great economist'
Constantly sided with USSR / Russia on his world view.
Claimed the Kosovan genocide never happened, in agreement with many Communist sympathisers.
Supported that any money generated above a £500 annual dividend would end up in the pockets of the Labour government, making it a massive stealth tax

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck

He certainly is a duck. He is not the leader of the labour party any more. That's duck enough for me.

I checked one of your claims. This from 'Haaretz': Corbyn put up a partiamentary motion that "congratulated John Pilger on his expose of [a] fraudulent justification for intervening in a genocide that never really existed in Kosovo.". That to me makes him a mug, not a communist. Lazy. Poor research. Over reliant on a 'reporter' with a bit of a reputation for over egging the pudding (despite some excellent work).

Communists have breakfast. Communists are anti racist. Communists claim to follow football teams. I could go on. I therefore declare you a communist.

Anyway, who actually cares about Corbyn any more? ??? I ****ing hated him. He was a clown.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But we have Vegemite and Tim Tams tariff free to look forward to, now that Johnson is talking up the trade talks with Australia. Overlooking the fact that any trade deal with Australia is only 0.34% of the value of our current situation with the EU.

Does anyone actually like Vegemite?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here