Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Everyday, man of the people. Privately educated at Harrow.

Working class Tory hero, born with silver spoon, private school education, preaching libertarianism to the gullible for the benefit of his own and the super rich

Esht7gbUcAEoYIT.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tories accused of corruption and NHS privatisation by former chief scientist

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...d-nhs-privatisation-by-former-chief-scientist

Boris Johnson’s government has been accused of corruption, privatising the NHS by stealth, operating a “chumocracy” and mishandling the pandemic and climate crisis, by Sir David King, a former government chief scientist.

“I am extremely worried about the handling of the coronavirus pandemic, about the processes by which public money has been distributed to private sector companies without due process,” he told the Guardian in an interview. “It really smells of corruption.”

King contrasted the success of the vaccination programme, carried out by the NHS, with the failure of the government’s test-and-trace operation, which has been contracted out to private companies.

“The operation to roll out vaccination has been extremely successful, it was driven through entirely by our truly national health service and GP service – just amazing,” he said. “Yet we have persisted with this money for test and trace, given without competition, without due process … I am really worried about democratic processes being ignored.”

He said: “This is a so-called chumocracy, that has been a phrase used, and that is what it looks like I’m afraid: it is a chumocracy.”

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tories accused of corruption and NHS privatisation by former chief scientist

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...d-nhs-privatisation-by-former-chief-scientist

Will anything ever be done about it? Johnson and his cronies were very opportunistic, knowing they would likely steal power if they could convince enough people that they could deliver Brexit. He already knew there were enough gullible people, they fell for the leave campaign. And he knew there was enough of a nationalistic/borderline racist base that he could appeal to with his flag waving and anti-immigration stance. Never mind the broken promises, the economic catastrophe, the folding of thousands of businesses etc. That will never be scrutinised in his lifetime.
And again Covid has allowed the opportunist party a chance to profit from disaster. Using the chaos and fear as a cover to siphon off vast amounts of public money and into his chums' pockets. Unchecked.
They don't even bother responding now. They know the public has not the appetite for anything but getting vaccinated and getting the country opened up. I hope as the dust settles on Covid though that the government are held to account for their appalling profiteering and erosion of human rights and accountability in the name of Covid.
Unfortunately, I think we have crossed the Rubicon and a return to sane, measured politics for the people is a long, long, long way off.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Will anything ever be done about it? Johnson and his cronies were very opportunistic, knowing they would likely steal power if they could convince enough people that they could deliver Brexit. He already knew there were enough gullible people, they fell for the leave campaign. And he knew there was enough of a nationalistic/borderline racist base that he could appeal to with his flag waving and anti-immigration stance. Never mind the broken promises, the economic catastrophe, the folding of thousands of businesses etc. That will never be scrutinised in his lifetime.
And again Covid has allowed the opportunist party a chance to profit from disaster. Using the chaos and fear as a cover to siphon off vast amounts of public money and into his chums' pockets. Unchecked.
They don't even bother responding now. They know the public has not the appetite for anything but getting vaccinated and getting the country opened up. I hope as the dust settles on Covid though that the government are held to account for their appalling profiteering and erosion of human rights and accountability in the name of Covid.
Unfortunately, I think we have crossed the Rubicon and a return to sane, measured politics for the people is a long, long, long way off.

Ah but, Jeremy Corbyn wore the WRONG coat to an Armistice day event at The Cenotaph !.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

We're in a bad place, our electoral system is broken, the Union is on the brink and the foundations of the economy have been shaken to core.

The government chose a damaging Brexit and then spectacularly mishandled Covid. We may be a few weeks ahead of Europe on vaccines but look at the winter we'd had, utter mismanagement with a huge human cost coupled with corruption and now increasing abuse of power

A lot of the public seem to be either complacent, asleep or just burnt out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh Gosh ! MP's from the party of Fiscal Probity and Morality , yes The Conservatives.... voted down the opportunity to launch a cross party committee in order to examine Lobbying in all its forms and expose these dark practices to the glare of public scrutiny... Why would a party with nothing to hide vote against the chance to control political lobbying and make it more transparent and watertight ?

I wonder could it be that by definition that would end ex-Tory MP's and Ministers pension pot top ups from business ? I suppose then the Tory Party and it's MP's would just have to ask more from their Russian benefactors ?

Greensill: Tories reject Labour plan for MP-led lobbying probe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56743426

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Oh Gosh ! MP's from the party of Fiscal Probity and Morality , yes The Conservatives.... voted down the opportunity to launch a cross party committee in order to examine Lobbying in all its forms and expose these dark practices to the glare of public scrutiny... Why would a party with nothing to hide vote against the chance to control political lobbying and make it more transparent and watertight ?

I wonder could it be that by definition that would end ex-Tory MP's and Ministers pension pot top ups from business ? I suppose then the Tory Party and it's MP's would just have to ask more from their Russian benefactors ?

Greensill: Tories reject Labour plan for MP-led lobbying probe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56743426

You beat me to it.
Stop press: 'turkeys vote to cancel Christmas'... and in this case that's what chums do for each other.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You beat me to it.
Stop press: 'turkeys vote to cancel Christmas'... and in this case that's what chums do for each other.

Tories running scared, too many dodgy donors and think tanks, too many questions...

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Tories running scared, too many dodgy donors and think tanks, too many questions...

We've seen what's happened with the PPE orders etc. It doesn't take long for someone to do a search of Companies House database and find Tory links to the businesses.

An official, proper, enquiry would find so much more in relation to Tory dodgy dealings. This was always a non-starter for the Conservatives. Too much shit to cover.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1382761830720884737[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
*sniff* *sniff*

Ah, that classic smell of Tory corruption

[TWEET]1382973660932214784[/TWEET]

franks brother

*sniff* *sniff*

Ah, that classic smell of Tory corruption

[TWEET]1382973660932214784[/TWEET]

Just imagine the outcry if this was Dianne Abbot or Jess Phillips. We've normalized this governments actions so we're not surprised when they do it again. No one can hold them to acount because of their majority.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Just imagine the outcry if this was Dianne Abbot or Jess Phillips. We've normalized this governments actions so we're not surprised when they do it again. No one can hold them to acount because of their majority.

I entirely agree with you. Unfortunately there are several on here who either don't agree or simply don't care.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

and some will revel in their majority and big lead in the polls.....???

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Could you perhaps explain why it’s unfortunate that ‘several on here’ don’t agree or don’t care?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I could, but I'd better not; you might 'close the door' impetuously again and so it would prove to be another pointless exchange.
Wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here