Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Boris Bannon the buffoon has attracted swift condemnations from three out of the past four PMs (what's all the dither and delay about, Theresa May?) for his playing-to-the-gallery decision to merge DfID with the FO. Is this the low point? They couldn't plummet further, could they? Those two questions will have to await an answer but, for the moment, a slightly different question is posed in the poll, and an option has been offered just so we can be inclusive to the sycophants.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I hope there is an option for What's the point? They won with a big majority in December so you are stuck with them.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I assume this merger of these two departments is akin to Trumps use of foreign aid as a tool to ensure somthing is gained in return if that's the case it's despicable foreign aid should be freely given and unconditionally

This smells of Cummings as we start our drive towards becoming a satellite of Trumps world

Foreign aid should not be a political tool which is why it was always independent of the Foreign office

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Owned by......Marcus Rashford. :shrug:

But how soon before some goon mentions Corbyn? ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the question i have is why does it matter much, in or out of the FO has its been over the decades, does the same thing?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Agree poor by Conservative standards but still better than the option at the time that being communist Corbyn .

If you genuinely think Corbyn was/ is a communist then you clearly know nothing about politics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you genuinely think Corbyn was/ is a communist then you clearly know nothing about politics.

:lolol:

:bowdown: to [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]

I have Live by McCarthy on ignore. Who knew? ???

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Agreed. One of the great ironies of the Brexit tantrums and narratives is that Boris is (at heart) a remainer and Jezza (at heart) is a brexiteer. Just another destabilising point in the mad world we have existed in since Brexit/Trump/CV19.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, they are of course absolutely terrible. ****ed Covid up, causing the death of tens of thousands of people and are on course to royally screw us all over with trading negotiations.

The voters were warned. They didn’t listen. Britain is dead. Or at least in a self induced coma until we can get the current government out.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Owned by......Marcus Rashford. :shrug:

But how soon before some goon mentions Corbyn? ???

Too slow, a goon already did. F91898F6-38A2-434D-96B2-DB505379AF3D.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Your talking about the exact sort of voter profiled by Cummings and wooed by Johnson.

Three short words bought the vote of millions.

To be fair, no one knew that voting Johnson in would cost 25,000+ lives.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well, they are of course absolutely terrible. ****ed Covid up, causing the death of tens of thousands of people and are on course to royally screw us all over with trading negotiations.

The voters were warned. They didn’t listen. Britain is dead.

Neither mrs zef ( Australian) or I have ever (18 years) seriously considered or discussed stepping back in time and moving to Australia . . . . Its been mentioned a few times in recent months.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Your talking about the exact sort of voter profiled by Cummings and wooed by Johnson.

Three short words bought the vote of millions.

To be fair, no one knew that voting Johnson in would cost 25,000+ lives.

After the best part of a decade of ruinous austerity measures that have disproportionately affected the most vulnerable in society worst of all, you’d think there’d be a sense that people’s well-being wasn’t necessarily a great concern to the Tories. In fact, didn’t Cummings himself say that the Tories don’t care about the poor or the NHS? ???

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I assume this merger of these two departments is akin to Trumps use of foreign aid as a tool to ensure somthing is gained in return if that's the case it's despicable foreign aid should be freely given and unconditionally

This smells of Cummings as we start our drive towards becoming a satellite of Trumps world

Foreign aid should not be a political tool which is why it was always independent of the Foreign office

We are now. You see, they have a bigger armed force than all the rest put together, the biggest nuclear arms capability, the worlds reserve currency. At the moment we are 'in the tent pissing out', even if its just to serve our masters canapés.
So if we all accept the assertion, what's the alternative to Uncle Sam?

Uncle Xi?!!
Uncle Uncle Vladimir?!!
Uncle Mohammed?
Not me, I'll stay with the waiters gig.
There's always a Billy Big Spuds - we were he 120 years ago, and who is next we'll have to wait and see......but there will be a new one sometime, be sure of that.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
For too many years we've been giving taxpayers money (which is really yours and mine) to strange causes. We send aid to India - except that they've got their own space programme. We've equiped all sorts of strange dictators with state of the art palaces and aeroplanes. Boris is right about the 'great cashpoint in the sky' - we're the mugs who pay for it all and for too long this nonsense has gone on. Sure we should send aid to people who need it - Zimbabwe and South Africa are good examples where British aid is helping - but there needs to be a careful look at who receives aid from the UK and who really needs it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here