Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well, Dom's allegations (many of which are evidenced by Johnson's texts etc) should be conclusive proof (surely no longer in any doubt anyway) that we have someone totally unsuited for office in number 10. This is a man who - among other things - was quite happy to deny that Covid brought extraordinary pressure on the NHS and seemed to be quite happy to wave goodbye to the nation's over 80s to appease rabid backbenchers and the likes of the Daily Mail. The delay in brining in the circuit breaker in Autumn 2021, against clear SAGE advice, might qualify for criminal negligence. No wonder he wants to delay the public enquiry.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So the headlines on every major channel tonight is WTF do the latest pronunciations from HM Government actually mean again :facepalm:

Just as well we aren't in the middle of a pandemic and the biggest economic change of the last 40 years .............. oh

Quick, look over there, get some pictures of a few migrants up, that'll keep them entertained

"Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite" or, for those that struggle 'Idiots deserve to be governed by idiots' :shootself

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Well, Dom's allegations (many of which are evidenced by Johnson's texts etc) should be conclusive proof (surely no longer in any doubt anyway) that we have someone totally unsuited for office in number 10. This is a man who - among other things - was quite happy to deny that Covid brought extraordinary pressure on the NHS and seemed to be quite happy to wave goodbye to the nation's over 80s to appease rabid backbenchers and the likes of the Daily Mail. The delay in brining in the circuit breaker in Autumn 2021, against clear SAGE advice, might qualify for criminal negligence. No wonder he wants to delay the public enquiry.

Quite hilarious that all the people around him wanted him removed within days, DAYS after being elected because of how dangerously inept he was! and there's people here who make flags of him ! getting it done......:lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Quite hilarious that all the people around him wanted him removed within days, DAYS after being elected because of how dangerously inept he was! and there's people here who make flags of him ! getting it done......:lolol:

With respect, sadly I don't share your amusement at this absolute mess...

Never let it be forgotten that this small group of extremists put the terminally stupid Johnston into power in the first place.

That act, and the shocking behaviour of those who continue to prop him up is undermining our democracy......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Several Tory MPs have been suspended for trying to influence the judge in the Charlie Elphicke sex assault case.

Sir Roger Gale, Theresa Villiers and Natalie Elphicke – the then partner of Charlie Elphicke, who was given two years in prison after being found guilty of three counts of sexual assault.
Two other Tory MPs – Adam Holloway and Bob Stewart – were ordered to make a statement apologising for their behaviour in the chamber, with all five found to have threatened to undermine public trust in the independence of the judicial system.

That's good, I hear you say, except it is just ONE DAY's suspension. One day!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...or-trying-to-influence-judge-in-elphicke-case

Trying to miscarry justice, and get at the judge, but don't come in to 'work' for one day. It's not even a slap on the wrist,

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Given that no one likes hypocrites be they from the left, right or centre, there's a whiff of hypocrisy in the govt's road building programme (infrastructure being the only thing the Johnson remotely cares about). This is the decision - made in the face of their pious 'commitment' to carbon reduction - to allow developers NOT to take into account the carbon consequences of new roads while the govt takes 2 years to consider the matter.
Johnson has used all sorts of ruses to show-off his green credentials but I'm afraid that this is another issue on which they are not to be trusted.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Several Tory MPs have been suspended for trying to influence the judge in the Charlie Elphicke sex assault case.

Sir Roger Gale, Theresa Villiers and Natalie Elphicke – the then partner of Charlie Elphicke, who was given two years in prison after being found guilty of three counts of sexual assault.
Two other Tory MPs – Adam Holloway and Bob Stewart – were ordered to make a statement apologising for their behaviour in the chamber, with all five found to have threatened to undermine public trust in the independence of the judicial system.

That's good, I hear you say, except it is just ONE DAY's suspension. One day!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...or-trying-to-influence-judge-in-elphicke-case

Trying to miscarry justice, and get at the judge, but don't come in to 'work' for one day. It's not even a slap on the wrist,

Absolutely disgraceful. These are people who have not so much mislaid their moral compasses, but never had one to begin with.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely disgraceful. These are people who have not so much mislaid their moral compasses, but never had one to begin with.

Quite, especially when Natalie Elphicke, far from being revolted by her husband's sexual assaults on other women, sold the story to the Sun for £25K, and stepped into his MP job representing Dover for £80K per annum.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thanks, Priti

[tweet]1418703723631624199[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks, Priti

[tweet]1418703723631624199[/tweet]
Wow! Another example of the result of our government's culture war distraction. Who would have thought it would be a good idea to boo and abuse volunteer lifesavers?

What has this country become?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You're so daft - no one watches it on actual TV, so I have no idea what possesses you to post it on here, where your audience is limited to yourself and a couple of other weirdos. :lolol:

Be fair
If a half a dozen people on here actually watch it, then its viewing figures will have doubled!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1420420905373773827[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another tremendous thread where gammon attempt to develop a narrative and the rest of us laugh at them :lolol:

I am Daniel

I am Sam
Sam I am

That Sam-I-am
That Sam-I-am!
I do not like
That Sam-I-am

Do you like
Green eggs and ham

I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like