Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sign of things to come, unless you are a Tory getting contracts the money isn’t there.

Private sectors been destroyed which has a knock on effect.

The Tory press will be back to headlines of Junior doctors taking lavish holidays in Dubai before you know it

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Tory press will be back to headlines of Junior doctors taking lavish holidays in Dubai before you know it

They just had a union rep on the radio and he mentioned that if nurses get a pay rise the way it’s structured mean everyone in the NHS gets one.

Easy to spin that - why does a manager sat at home deserve it?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
They just had a union rep on the radio and he mentioned that if nurses get a pay rise the way it’s structured mean everyone in the NHS gets one.

Thats the way it should be, otherwise you get into debates about who is more deserving than others, then the conversation quickly turns into race to the bottom / those who don't deserve one driven by the Tory press

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Can't see this playing well for the Tories. They sent out Nadine Gormless to front this on R4 and she was hopeless, simply repeating 'it's all we can afford'. Ironically if my memory serves me well, she was the first politician to have to self-isolate..
However, given that the government can get away with just about anything right now and not suffer at the polls, I think they'll just front it out. Or make a U-turn. It just doesn't seem to matter to them. I'm beginning to think that every policy announcement is the basis of negotiation once they see how it plays in the press and with Marcus Rashford.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Can't see this playing well for the Tories. They sent out Nadine Gormless to front this on R4 and she was hopeless, simply repeating 'it's all we can afford'. Ironically if my memory serves me well, she was the first politician to have to self-isolate..
However, given that the government can get away with just about anything right now and not suffer at the polls, I think they'll just front it out. Or make a U-turn. It just doesn't seem to matter to them. I'm beginning to think that every policy announcement is the basis of negotiation once they see how it plays in the press and with Marcus Rashford.

What sort of pay rise do you think they should have got?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'd start with forecast inflation plus 1%.

technically they are getting about that, there's 0.7% overhang from the last deal. i'd have gone for something around two times inflation.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1367611807746113543[/TWEET]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This does seem to be Johnson's method of government, wait to see how much shit accumulates on the fan then adjust accordingly. Nothing seems to affect their poll rating for some amazing reason. Corruption, unlawful behaviour, proven ministerial bullying, proven lying and incompetence and then we move on to their performance on Covid-19!

Still, the paper's have decided that Meghan and Harry is the main story of course, even a hint of possible " Royal" bullying by Meghan ( we can forget other Royal 's terrible behaviour over the years. ) more than trumps the proven bullying by Priti Patel. The briefing against Sir Philip Rutnam by Patel's team makes genuinely eye opening reading in its vindictiveness but will go mostly unpublished and unpunished.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I’d agree if this was 2/3 months down the line - 10 million still on Furlough atm plus those that have lost jobs/businesses

I don’t think play well with some,however not the vast numbers the school dinners did.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
technically they are getting about that, there's 0.7% overhang from the last deal. i'd have gone for something around two times inflation.

i'd take it out of the hands of the government and have a guaranteed scale pay structure.

Nurses shouldn't have to pay the price of Tory fiscal incompetence

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1369653935573774337[/TWEET]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[TWEET]1369653935573774337[/TWEET]

Johnson has learnt from his pal Trump, never admit a mistake and apologize because your lie will become truth if you say it often enough or leave it in the public domain. I think quite regularly Starmer is accused of voting or stating something that he categorically didn't and pointing it out to the speaker, Johnson never puts the record right.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1370322183793295370[/TWEET]

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
[TWEET]1370322183793295370[/TWEET]

Strange times we live in where people supposedly feel strongly about freedom of speech or really, the freedom to talk bollox and be racist, yet very little mentioned from the same sections about their powers of protest being eroded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here