Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
If you were calling for Brexit to be stopped, or for us to vote again etc, then you kind of did, indirectly, vote for this government. You were even warned that this is the government you would get if you carried on. (I say you, I mean people who thought it would be a good idea to try to ignore the result of the referendum).

Sorry, who was trying to ignore the result of the referendum, not me!

I could never vote Tory, in the main their beliefs go against so much I believe in...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry, who was trying to ignore the result of the referendum, not me!

I could never vote Tory, in the main their beliefs go against so much I believe in...

Fair play for not trying to ignore the result, many did, and it's those people I'm talking about, but fair play if you weren't one of them.

As for not wanting to vote conservative, that's fair enough too. But I am interested to know, what is it that they believe in that you don't?

As far as I can tell, conservative politics consists of a belief in personal and economic liberty, and fiscal responsibility. I assume those aren't things which you are opposed to (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm guessing you have a different view of political conservatism?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The problem is, what the Conservative Party don't seem to understand is that not everyone can stand on their own two feet or as Norman Tebbit famously put it "get on their bikes" - there appears a perception that anyone on benefits is a scrounger and should be made to jump through hoops to be able to survive..

Other things I don't like that they have been responsible for...

Complicit in the destruction of our manufacturing base and key industries.
Selling off Council Houses
Privatisation of the utilities.
Universal credit
School tie cronyism
Hollow lies
Child poverty - record levels
Increase in tuition fees
Failing to fund NHS front line services
Failing to fund mental health services
Cuts to the police force
Scrapping of nursing bursaries
Benefit cap, creating social cleansing of some inner cities
Bedroom tax

I am sure there are many more that I could trot out and I am sure somebody could do something similar for Labour, however it just seems all the things I mention above generally "take" from the less well off...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The problem is, what the Conservative Party don't seem to understand is that not everyone can stand on their own two feet or as Norman Tebbit famously put it "get on their bikes" - there appears a perception that anyone on benefits is a scrounger and should be made to jump through hoops to be able to survive..

Other things I don't like that they have been responsible for...

Complicit in the destruction of our manufacturing base and key industries.
Selling off Council Houses
Privatisation of the utilities.
Universal credit
School tie cronyism
Hollow lies
Child poverty - record levels
Increase in tuition fees
Failing to fund NHS front line services
Failing to fund mental health services
Cuts to the police force
Scrapping of nursing bursaries
Benefit cap, creating social cleansing of some inner cities
Bedroom tax

I am sure there are many more that I could trot out and I am sure somebody could do something similar for Labour, however it just seems all the things I mention above generally "take" from the less well off...

Have to give it to the Tories they've become masters of convincing those less well off to vote for them and effectively act against their own interests, they keep pulling it election after election. Its little surprise we have some of worse protection for workers and lowest pensions among developed nations...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fair play for not trying to ignore the result, many did, and it's those people I'm talking about, but fair play if you weren't one of them.

As for not wanting to vote conservative, that's fair enough too. But I am interested to know, what is it that they believe in that you don't?

As far as I can tell, conservative politics consists of a belief in personal and economic liberty, and fiscal responsibility. I assume those aren't things which you are opposed to (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm guessing you have a different view of political conservatism?

On which planet do you live where those are the politics of our current Government? Or any recent Conservative government?

It's as if you've read a manifesto and thought "oh yeah, cool, they must really mean that".

"As far as I can tell...". Yeah, not very far obviously. Wow.

Jan 30, 2008
On which planet do you live where those are the politics of our current Government? Or any recent Conservative government?

It's as if you've read a manifesto and thought "oh yeah, cool, they must really mean that".

Oh well, we could have had free Wi Fi:lolol:
Regards
DF

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh well, we could have had free Wi Fi[emoji38]ol:
Regards
DF
It's got nothing to do with that prat Corbyn.

You do realise that it's ok to not support him but to also call this bunch of utter ***** out for what they are don't you?

Oh FFS, why am I bothering, you're not even the parody parody.

Jan 30, 2008
It's got nothing to do with that prat Corbyn.

You do realise that it's ok to not support him but to also call this bunch of utter ***** out for what they are don't you?

Oh FFS, why am I bothering, you're not even the parody parody.

You sound like the sort of person who's difficult to please , I think the Govt are doing OK in unprecedented times , take a deep breath you'll be fine
Regards
DF

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You sound like the sort of person who's difficult to please , I think the Govt are doing OK in unprecedented times , take a deep breath you'll be fine
Regards
DF
I'm pretty easily pleased and I don't get stressed about much at all. I recall you chastising me for being an "I'm alright Jack" for saying I was working from the pub once.

So I'm either someone who's stressed out and needs to take a deep breath or I'm a loafing layabout who chills out too much when others are stressing.

Lol. Hoisted by your own petard once again.

It really is like shooting fish in a barrel. Although I'd feel sorry for the fish as they're probably not moronic racists who believe everything the government tells them.

Have a nice day.

Regards

LL

Jan 30, 2008
I'm pretty easily pleased and I don't get stressed about much at all. I recall you chastising me for being an "I'm alright Jack" for saying I was working from the pub once.

So I'm either someone who's stressed out and needs to take a deep breath or I'm a loafing layabout who chills out too much when others are stressing.

Lol. Hoisted by your own petard once again.

It really is like shooting fish in a barrel. Although I'd feel sorry for the fish as they're probably not moronic racists who believe everything the government tells them.

Have a nice day.

Regards

LL

I wasn't asking for you to justify yourself , take care
Regards
DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well ,I predicted we would leave the EU i also predict we wont get a deal , let's see if I'm right with that as well
Regards
DF

Always worth the occasional read of your posts just to remind me why I put you on ignore.

We haven't left the EU yet. We may. We may not. Let's see how good it feels if we do. I'm sure the East Europeans will still be flown in to pick Faversham's fruit, probably on more money. You once said visas....that won't happen, at least not with any firmness, when beggars are the choosers.

People I like tell me you're a nice lad.

Perhaps I should cut you some slack regarding your nazi sympathies, then.

In these days of 'all lives matter' it would be mean of me to disrespect you, just because you appear to find processing the actualités a bit of a struggle. So I will remove you from my ignore list. Looking forward to hoolie bants, and all your views on Potter's style :thumbsup:.

Jan 30, 2008
Always worth the occasional read of your posts just to remind me why I put you on ignore.

We haven't left the EU yet. We may. We may not. Let's see how good it feels if we do. I'm sure the East Europeans will still be flown in to pick Faversham's fruit, probably on more money. You once said visas....that won't happen, at least not with any firmness, when beggars are the choosers.

People I like tell me you're a nice lad.

Perhaps I should cut you some slack regarding your nazi sympathies, then.

In these days of 'all lives matter' it would be mean of me to disrespect you, just because you appear to find processing the actualités a bit of a struggle. So I will remove you from my ignore list. Looking forward to hoolie bants, and all your views on Potter's style :thumbsup:.

Never judge the cover of a book H , we actually left on jan 31st but not to worry a few rules aren't going to hold us back and it"s good to see the EU coming to London rather than us having to grovel like TM did in Brussels
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Right, so fill me in then. What does it mean to be a Conservative today?

I said, correct me if I'm wrong. Apparently I'm wrong. So correct me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Right, so fill me in then. What does it mean to be a Conservative today?

I said, correct me if I'm wrong. Apparently I'm wrong. So correct me.

Oh, I can do that. The principles of conservatism have diddly squat to do with liberty -- whether economic or political. There is a nominal link between a certain political ideology and liberty. The principles that conservatism stresses revolve around tradition, order, place, and continuity. There's also a nominal link here because conservatives want to conserve what is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here