Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Access to BT Sport

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't have a BT Sport account (but do have Sky Sports). I also know that some games will be shown to those without accounts. Does anyone on NSC know if the Arsenal game will be viewable to those without BT Sports accounts?

Apologies if this has already been covered.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Good question. I ditched BT as soon as this kicked off with the reasoning then when I want it back, it's cheaper through Sky anyway.

But I'll not activate it until I have to obviously. So if be interested to know the answer as well.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I believe that BT are the only platform not showing some games for free. I have put it back on Virgin before it gets busy on the phones.

I think you can buy it for £20 a month via their app if you are not a customer.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I don't have a BT Sport account (but do have Sky Sports). I also know that some games will be shown to those without accounts. Does anyone on NSC know if the Arsenal game will be viewable to those without BT Sports accounts?

Apologies if this has already been covered.

Still had to pay for BT Sport throughout all this (unlike Sky, Racing UK and probably some of the other subscription sports channels) so reckon you are out of luck unless you subscribe.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Still had to pay for BT Sport throughout all this (unlike Sky, Racing UK and probably some of the other subscription sports channels) so reckon you are out of luck unless you subscribe.
They've been pretty shit in comparison to Sky. I was lucky that I was able to get through easily and they were fine to deal with.

But I've heard some horror stories. Plus as you say, they could have just left the channels on for free like Sky.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Order it straight away on Sky or order and defer its start date. £25 per month rolling contract which you can cancel anytime (30 days runtime). So you can order it for Saturday wait a month and cancel thus getting two months for £50.

My son wanted to watch the German game so ordered to turn on straight away and as I pressed the confirm button on line it immediately came on, on the Sky Q box.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

I cancelled my BT Sport, although I have now re-introduced it through my Sky platform on a rolling contract without the re-connection fees every time I halt it.

Some serious shopping around to do when the contract with Sky is up for renewal in October.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
worth noting BT and Plusnet customers get BT Sport games through web app free.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I cancelled my BT Sport, although I have now re-introduced it through my Sky platform on a rolling contract without the re-connection fees every time I halt it.

Some serious shopping around to do when the contract with Sky is up for renewal in October.

I've done exactly this too. Will review it all ahead of the new season but for £25 per month it was worth adding BT Sports for a couple of months at least.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Worth doing. I didn't realise quite how much I was paying until I looked at my bank statement one month. I wasn't getting much change from a couple of hundred quid all in. That did include internet and a separate sub to BT Sport. Rang up Sky and went from £135 a month to £95 including BT Sport (on two boxes in HD) which I was paying £45 a month for with BT. Rang BT up to cancel with them and they couldn't even do it as cheap as Sky were reselling their channels.

BT pissed me off as well as everything was an extra. Want HD (who doesn't these days) was extra, had a second sky box had to pay extra.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
If you have a mate with BT sport get onto them for their online user name and password. Loads of people have it on their TV and don't need the online version. I've given mine out.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I’ve just came off the phone to Sky as this month my bill was going up to £135, so did the usual threaten to leave as I couldn’t afford it and managed to get it down to £82 a month for 18 months. I asked if I could have BT sports in with it and was told would be another £17 up to £99 a month.
I still tried to get them down else I would leave and so began the game of online poker with them. Just had an email through saying they are sorry to see me go, so I lost that.
Will wait a couple of days and usually you get someone ring up and ask what they can do to persuade you to stay, so hopefully it’s before Saturday !

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
EE customers can get 3 months free BT sport Apparently.

you just have to remember to cancel after 3 months.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If you have a mate with BT sport get onto them for their online user name and password. Loads of people have it on their TV and don't need the online version. I've given mine out.
Hmm. So hypothetically, if someone's mum happened to have Virgin for TV, broadband, mobiles and got free BT Sport with that, then it might be possible for them to get the online login details and then use a phone/smart TV/PC or linked combination of such to watch it... on the TV?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Hmm. So hypothetically, if someone's mum happened to have Virgin for TV, broadband, mobiles and got free BT Sport with that, then it might be possible for them to get the online login details and then use a phone/smart TV/PC or linked combination of such to watch it... on the TV?

Yeah I think so. I have BT through my sky and that includes access to BT online. I presume its the same for Virgin customers.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Do we know what Brighton games will be on BT yet? Looking around I can only see the TV games for the first 3 fixtures. I have Sky so think i will pay the £25 for the Arsenal game and hope in the next 30 days we are on again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here