Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Royal Ascot

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Starts today. Same elite level of sport, just little of the usual hype. Guess there's not much appetite for that stuff at the moment, same as with football. But all six races are on ITV and well worth a look IMHO. Betting-wise? Bet on Frankie Dettori blind today is what I'd say, backing his John Gosden rides to win and his more exotic rides each way. Giddy UP!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I went into William Hill yesterday for the first time in 3 months. It was like visiting a hospital ward. No tables or chairs now, lots of 2 meter footprints on the floor, workers behind massive perspex screen wearing visors and masks, limited to small numbers and obviously encouraged to leave asap. I walked straight out without placing a bet. If this is the future it is not for me

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I went into William Hill yesterday for the first time in 3 months. It was like visiting a hospital ward. No tables or chairs now, lots of 2 meter footprints on the floor, workers behind massive perspex screen wearing visors and masks, limited to small numbers and obviously encouraged to leave asap. I walked straight out without placing a bet. If this is the future it is not for me

Um, to be honest Uncle, the future is - and indeed for the past few decades has been - online betting. Gadzooks sirrah!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Um, to be honest Uncle, the future - and indeed the last few decades - is online betting. Gadzooks sirrah!

It was like a little social club with 10 or so old boys going every day, good banter and decent chaps including the staff. All that is gone now, shame

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Looking forward to it from a matched betting perspective. The ITV coverage of racing since it started up again has been excellent as always, even if the presenters have all been sitting at home. Not much hype but lots of money on the exchanges already.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Have to feel for the betting shop regular

1tee.jpg

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Looking forward to it from a matched betting perspective. The ITV coverage of racing since it started up again has been excellent as always, even if the presenters have all been sitting at home. Not much hype but lots of money on the exchanges already.

I can't stand Jason Weaver. Every sentence is either jargon, cliche, or a mix of both.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Know naff all about horses, but have a small e/w double on Uncle Tony's horse in the 1:15 and another outsider a friend who is into horse racing has told me might be in with a shout.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Know naff all about horses, but have a small e/w double on Uncle Tony's horse in the 1:15 and another outsider a friend who is into horse racing has told me might be in with a shout.

hmm. that's just not fair. if you have your money on already, then share the love...

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Starts today. Same elite level of sport, just little of the usual hype. Guess there's not much appetite for that stuff at the moment, same as with football. But all six races are on ITV and well worth a look IMHO. Betting-wise? Bet on Frankie Dettori blind today is what I'd say, backing his John Gosden rides to win and his more exotic rides each way. Giddy UP!

ITVs viewing figures since racing has returned have been much higher than pre lockdown, their figures for the guineas meeting were nearly double that of last year. I'd expect similar this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here