Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bear /Snake Pit Now....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bozza mooted the idea of starting a bear pit, where all the political threads can be banished from the main board.

with the looming resumption of the Premier League, surely now is time, to get rid of these lame threads....

It is thoroughly depressing...

Please Bozza, although I would change one thing possibly the name, I think The Snake pit would be more apt, with all the low level scoundrels about that love stooping to new lows....

What say everyone else...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 634

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The septic tank? ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yep, there are a few that King Aelle could lower into the pit.

This is needed asap.

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fine, but I suppose most threads start out perfectly fine, but then manage to get dragged into the cesspit.

However, certainly there is a prime example today, that was started by an idiot and will never have any value

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's a difficult one, as then you start to get into the likes of, say, 'should all music threads have their own area' too.

Additionally, the problem is often that threads supposedly about other things descend into politics instead. So then where do we put that thread, if it started off being about, say, favourite walks in Sussex? Would we need to move anything the moment it "gets a bit political", which opens the board up to all kinds of confusion (and potential manipulation).

But on balance, maybe now is a good moment to ringfence the political ones, and let the board get back to primarily being about football. I think most of us would welcome the refocus. So I'm a yes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Fine, but I suppose most threads start out perfectly fine, but then manage to get dragged into the cesspit.

However, certainly there is a prime example today, that was started by an idiot and will never have any value

I agree there's a fair few lately which are fairly obviously racist fishing trips from the very first post.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A Bear/Snake pit does pose the question, who would win?

Obviously the venomous snakes would have to be binned but I would pay good money to watch a grizzly take on a boa constrictor.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The din bin.
Outrage corner.

I'M all for it .....there are only a few whoppers that only come on here to big themselves up and belittle the normal folk ,furiously bashing off with a wet wipe whilst their mum gets their tea ready , never comment on football related threads ....... politics , brexit , trump etc. one would wonder if they are practicing for the debating society dux.

give these plums free reign to sanction those poor souls foolish enough to offer an alternative view to their own , give them their very own bin to kick those poor unsuspecting mortals around until their eyes bleed and they learn never again to tackle the virtuous few.

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Was going to post the same as the OP myself this morning. A plea to get on and create the snake pit/septic tank ASAP.

I used to value NSC as a place for political discussions, especially as a way to get out of my bubble and listen to views I don't normally hear, even if I don't agree with them. And sometimes I even changed my views. A little bit. There were generally a few idiots, as there are everywhere, but also plenty of people prepared and able to argue rationally and reasonably. And a fair amount of genuine humour as well.

Recently it has just become completely over-run with stupid trolls. The same few people trading the same shallow views and personal insults.

Until the football starts again, I am mainly just coming here for the Good News Thread.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The scream for a policeman , i'm offended but don't know why , but it makes me look cool on a internet forum pit .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The din bin.
Outrage corner.

I'M all for it .....there are only a few whoppers that only come on here to big themselves up and belittle the normal folk ,furiously bashing off with a wet wipe whilst their mum gets their tea ready , never comment on football related threads ....... politics , brexit , trump etc. one would wonder if they are practicing for the debating society dux.

give these plums free reign to sanction those poor souls foolish enough to offer an alternative view to their own , give them their very own bin to kick those poor unsuspecting mortals around until their eyes bleed and they learn never again to tackle the virtuous few.

You do realise that....oh, never mind :lolol: :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bozza mooted the idea of starting a bear pit, where all the political threads can be banished from the main board.

with the looming resumption of the Premier League, surely now is time, to get rid of these lame threads....

It is thoroughly depressing...

Please Bozza, although I would change one thing possibly the name, I think The Snake pit would be more apt, with all the low level scoundrels about that love stooping to new lows....

What say everyone else...

I still think the 'the Honey Badger Room' sounds more classy :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Was going to post the same as the OP myself this morning. A plea to get on and create the snake pit/septic tank ASAP.

I used to value NSC as a place for political discussions, especially as a way to get out of my bubble and listen to views I don't normally hear, even if I don't agree with them. And sometimes I even changed my views. A little bit. There were generally a few idiots, as there are everywhere, but also plenty of people prepared and able to argue rationally and reasonably. And a fair amount of genuine humour as well.

Recently it has just become completely over-run with stupid trolls. The same few people trading the same shallow views and personal insults.

Until the football starts again, I am mainly just coming here for the Good News Thread.

mate.....compared to what it used to be like it is eggshell central.......roll on the football perleeeeeze...:rolleyes:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" The Binners Club "

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here